What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Indeed the F16 deal is the force multiplier even if it is 5 years behind----thanks to the other side---or we would have been screwed.

My position has been to never ditch the F16-----we have a love / hate relationship with the u s and we need to keep the relationship as hard as it may be. Our problem has been with how to talk with the americans in their language.

There is nothing wrong with having a love affair with the F16----it is a fantastic aircraft with superior weapons systems for strike and air superiority---.

One of the problems with paf has been that it has been a REACTIVE air force in its decision making---once they feel that the threat level is dissipating----they make believe that it has disappeared---and that has caused them to make blunders by cancelling procurements or delaying them.

They need to understand that if the threat is dissipating---then if they move ahead with their procurement----they will get a step ahead of the game.

As I mentioned in the other post---Pakistan needs tp change its stance from minimum aircraft ( 350 ) needed for deterrence to maximum aircraft ( 500 + ) needed for air superiority.

500-550 is the magic number for the paf for frontline aircraft excluding the mirage 3 / 5 and F7 PG's-----.

IAF will never be able to bring in 2 1/2 to 3 times the numbers on the Pakistan front to overwhelm paf----and paf on the other hand can procure 500 aircraft within the 5 years time period or sooner----.

If paf can reach those numbers in 3 to 4 years---then it can instigate a limited war---.

350 is a lean and mean air force----500 is a hard hitting right in your face kind of air force

Our resident military aviation expert is back after a long hiatus. I really admire his understanding of military aviation strategy and his great insight into PAF decision making. Although, I am aware of his level of expertise, I would suggest that for the benefits of the newer members, Mastan should provide an overview of his experience and background which helped him acquire this expertise and views.

if the JF-17 Blk II is to carry an additional 5000kg wouldn't there be some visible structural change in the design of the aircraft e.g. bigger wings etc. I can't imagine the JF-17 blkII resembling the current blk1 if there isn't a visible change.

Our resident military aviation expert is back after a long hiatus. I really admire his understanding of military aviation strategy and his great insight into PAF decision making. Although, I am aware of his level of expertise, I would suggest that for the benefits of the newer members, Mastan should provide an overview of his experience and background which helped him acquire this expertise and views.

To the new members,

Hi---I don't know what my other expertise are----but with my comments---I have been known to wake up the bear hunters----. They come charging and wanting for more.

Bossman-----address the issue at hand.

Last edited:
Hi,

If it reaches moderate levels----then find ways to resolves issues, make peace and sign the dotted line.
By J 11----I mean the latest version of this aircraft. Pakistan needs at least 2 to 3 sqdrn's of heavy strike and air superiority air dominance fighter aircraft immediately under the current circumstances.
Other than that----your numbers of JF 17's and f16's would need to be increased. Another 2 to 3 sqdrn's of F16's blk 52 mlu. Make a deal-------Get rid of Dr Shakeel Afridi----get 3 sqdrn's of blk 52's or equivalent mlu'd----and the 3 frigates being decommissioned with all its current equipment.

The number of F16's need to be increased to 150 in stock on a fastrak pace.

Instead of a lean and mean air force of around 300 to 350----the changing times need it to be power projecting 500 +++. A minimum of 250---300 aesa equipped JF 17's----150 F16's-----and at least 50 heavies.

Your next gen aircraft would be a J31 or J20 whatever it is----which is possibly 10--12 years from now.

Get some HQ9 batteries----.

There is always strength in quality----but there is also strength in numbers when matched with quality----. The JF 17 is a must with AESA. This radar has its own magic.

Last but not the least-----a coward must not be a leader---Nawaz must go----. He is a gutless coward

The bottomline is that it s the leader the opponent fears the most---everything else is complimentary----

To have a leader who is loyal, fearless and sincere to the Country should be our TOP PRIORITY. I agree with you on this .. The rest of your wishes are very good on paper but unfortunately not practical. Finances has always been our problem. PAF and the rest of the forces have to survive within the allocated budget. Period!

Plus you cannot subdue any country (India or even Afghanistan) into signing peace treaties on your terms just by having a strong armed forces. We all know what has happened to US + Nato in Afghanistan. Sense has to prevail on both sides with give and take. Pakistan and PAF policy is to keep a min deterrence so that India thinks 10 times before crossing a threshold with us. India is in much better shape financially and will be stupid to make war with its neighbor. These cross border firings are all politically motivated dramas intended for local consumption.

To have a leader who is loyal, fearless and sincere to the Country should be our TOP PRIORITY. I agree with you on this .. The rest of your wishes are very good on paper but unfortunately not practical. Finances has always been our problem. PAF and the rest of the forces have to survive within the allocated budget. Period!

Plus you cannot subdue any country (India or even Afghanistan) into signing peace treaties on your terms just by having a strong armed forces. We all know what has happened to US + Nato in Afghanistan. Sense has to prevail on both sides with give and take. Pakistan and PAF policy is to keep a min deterrence so that India thinks 10 times before crossing a threshold with us. India is in much better shape financially and will be stupid to make war with its neighbor. These cross border firings are all politically motivated dramas intended for local consumption.

Hi,

Afghanistan is not a civilized country---it has no industrial base. It has nothing to lose. As for india and Pakistan---regardless of their differences---these two countries have a fundamental industrial base.

This time----cross border firing is not a drama---it is serious like a heart attack. There is an editorial piece in DAWN.COM yesterday by an ex ambassador talking about the problem.

I have written it for many a years that Pakistan has been taking it lightly----when the sh-it will hit the fan----it will find out that it is not fully prepared.

Hi,

Afghanistan is not a civilized country---it has no industrial base. It has nothing to lose. As for india and Pakistan---regardless of their differences---these two countries have a fundamental industrial base.

This time----cross border firing is not a drama---it is serious like a heart attack. There is an editorial piece in DAWN.COM yesterday by an ex ambassador talking about the problem.

I have written it for many a years that Pakistan has been taking it lightly----when the sh-it will hit the fan----it will find out that it is not fully prepared.

I wonder how the USA will play its cards in the region?

I guess it's suitable for block 3

Anyways it might block 2 too if there s significant improvements

Let's wait and see

Hi,

It was a drama for some Indian polls and once the polling is over the cross firing has also ended. It is in best interest of India actually to make sure Pakistan as a state does not fail. God forbid if anything like this happens; India will be a neighbor of the new capital of Taliban/ISIS/Al-Qaeda style radical groups. So as long as their economy is performing better than ours, I don't see them crossing the border for any stupid reason.

Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria etc .. You just cannot occupy any country and establish peace with force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom