What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thunder from beyond" - JF-17 Promotional Video - Part - 12

bhai we have seen the video why so much spam ?

Because the value of still image ..... it shows off the image of Pakistan

Attachments

• JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 107.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 107.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 121
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 108.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 108.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 124
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 109.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 109.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 119
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 110.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 110.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 121
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 111.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 111.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 113
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 112.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 112.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 113
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 113.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 113.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 116
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 114.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 114.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 117
"Thunder from beyond" - JF-17 Promotional Video - Part - 13

Attachments

• JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 123.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 123.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 88
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 124.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 124.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 90
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 131.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 131.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 92
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 132.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 132.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 88
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 133.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 133.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 95
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 134.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 134.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 90
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 142.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 142.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 92
  • JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 143.jpg
    JF-17 Thunder - PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTARY 143.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 99
Army chief is in South Africa right now.

DAS? for JF-17 :lol: are you remotely serious my friend? :cheesy: you don't mean distributed aperture system please??
Optimism is a good thing but one must not fool oneself. Living in delusion don't help. You must study the role of JF-17 in PAF, the ideology behind the whole project and you wont be asking such questions.

And the thing you said, JUST STRENGTHENING OF WING, that is not that PAC will add a bag of cement to increase strength. We will be going into an an new designing phase, then prototype, evaluation, FOCs and what not. Why all this fuss that is not even NECESSARY for a fighter plane. How many planes you see with CFTs? it is not something that is a must, not something for which PAC will go for HUGE modifications.

I am sorry but cant help asking, are you Nishan?
I asked a question regarding DAS role in JF-17.

Did not suggest it should have it...There is a big difference:haha:

My suggestion regarding Strengthening the wing was based in order to increase weight loading and root section. In Blk 2 there were some composites that have been reprocessed so that they are much more stronger then the Blk 1.

What do you think Cement is the strongest material that can bond.:lol:

What you are saying in bold i might be asking the same question. Are you Nishan?:D

CFT is not a must but it has its advantages. Btw there is a pic of F-6 with belly tank that resembles a lot like CFT:cheesy:

Isn't this a JFT thread
Why did you think it is not??

Ok you are now integral part of this community :).
Long live and prosper in this forum. By the way kia share ker Rahay thay ?? Ager waqee public hai tau zeroor share kero warna be careful abbu mushkil main per jayen gay as per Mastan Bhai warning :D :D.
Enjoy your stay Brah :).

Mughal Bhai I just wanted to share a photoshopped pic of JF-17 Thunder Block-III which would be a stealth prototype. This pic has been officially publicized.

Thanks for your greetings. I apologize for my harsh words for anyone. Specially @MastanKhan Bhai.

Apology accepted

Boss :)

Mughal Bhai I just wanted to share a photoshopped pic of JF-17 Thunder Block-III which would be a stealth prototype. This pic has been officially publicized.
Share the pic dude, most probably it wouldn't be something that we haven't seen already, but do share and you don't need anyone's permission for that.

Thanks for your greetings. I apologize for my harsh words for anyone. Specially @MastanKhan Bhai.

Boss :)

There won't be any "stealth" JF-17. Max we can expect is some minor changes like additional hardpoint for pods, better engine and IFR but no stealth. But avionics and sensor wise there will be major upgrade.

There will be no stealth JFT. No harm in sharing it.

I've seen that pic, its just a Photoshop between a F-35 and the JF-17. Nothing "secret". Or probably the diamond nose pic shown in PAC video.

The main feature of new JF-17 , Block-3,

- New engine with slightly increase thrust
- The new engine may the improved version of RD-93 or Chinese WS-17
- Air Refueling Prob
- AESA Radar
- Integrated IRST system like JSF
- Enhanced EWS
- Increase the composite material
- All these changes is being into same airframe structure that is currently now Blk-1, this would be big achievement.

Stealth is not joke man.... It will require so much work on jf17 .
Read the posts of gambit .

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5] | Page 89

JF-17 Thunder Block-II - A Beast in making. | Page 8

I know dude, I am saying about its design, just a model, about how it will look like. :)

There will be no stealth JFT. No harm in sharing it.

How can you say that? Any source etc.

There won't be any "stealth" JF-17. Max we can expect is some minor changes like additional hardpoint for pods, better engine and IFR but no stealth. But avionics and sensor wise there will be major upgrade.

Any source?

Share the pic dude, most probably it wouldn't be something that we haven't seen already, but do share and you don't need anyone's permission for that.

Thanks Bhai!! This is the pic, might be you have seen it before but it will be surely new for some.

stealth3.jpg

There you go...

AN/AAQ-37 Distributed Aperture System (DAS) for the F-35

hero_AN-10133.jpg

The only 360 degree, spherical situational awareness system

Northrop Grumman has developed the only 360 degree, spherical situational awareness system in the electro-optical distributed aperture system (DAS). The DAS surrounds the aircraft with a protective sphere of situational awareness. It warns the pilot of incoming aircraft and missile threats as well as providing day/night vision, fire control capability and precision tracking of wingmen/friendly aircraft for tactical maneuvering.

Designated the AN/AAQ-37 and comprising six electro-optical sensors, the full EO DAS will enhance the F-35's survivability and operational effectiveness by warning the pilot of incoming aircraft and missile threats, providing day/night vision and supporting the navigation function of the F-35 Lightning II's forward-looking infrared sensor.

The DAS provides:

• Missile detection and tracking
  • Launch point detection
  • Situational awareness IRST & cueing
  • Weapons support
  • Day/night navigation

In addition to developing the EO DAS, Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems is supplying the F-35's AN/APG-81 advanced electronically scanned array (AESA) fire-control radar. The AESA radar is designed to enable the pilot to effectively engage air and ground targets at long range, while also providing outstanding situational awareness.

F-35 DAS and APG-81 radar demonstrate ability to detect, track, target ballistic missiles

Northrop Grumman Corporation recently demonstrated the ballistic missile detection, tracking and targeting capabilities of the company's AN/AAQ-37 distributed aperture system (DAS) and AN/APG-81 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar, both of which are featured on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) aircraft. Northrop Grumman's DAS and APG-81 autonomously detected, tracked and targeted multiple, simultaneous ballistic rockets. The DAS autonomously detected all five rockets, launched in rapid succession, and tracked them from initial launch well past the second stage burnout. Press release | Watch the video.

F-35 DAS demonstrates hostile fire detection capability

While being flown on Northrop Grumman's BAC 1-11 test aircraft, the DAS detected and located tank fire from an operationally significant distance. In addition to artillery, the system is able to simultaneously detect and pinpoint the location of rockets and anti-aircraft artillery fired in a wide area. Although hostile fire detection is not an F-35 requirement for the DAS, the system design makes it ideal for this mission. This inherent capability enables DAS to harvest, process and deliver key battlespace information to ground forces and other aircraft autonomously, without the need for cueing or increasing pilot workload. Press release | Watch the video.

Additional Information

Contact us to learn more about the Distributed Aperture System.

About Northrop Grumman and the F-35 Lightning II

As a principal member of the Lockheed Martin-led F-35 industry team, Northrop Grumman performs a significant share of the work required to develop and produce the aircraft. In addition to producing the DAS and software modes, Northrop Grumman designed and produces the aircraft's AN/APG-81 AESA radar and communications subsystems; produces the center fuselage; develops mission systems and mission-planning software; leads the team's development of pilot and maintenance training system courseware; and manages the team's use, support and maintenance of low-observable technologies.

F-35 seems useless after its failure in Dog fight.

I know dude, I am saying about its design, just a model, about how it will look like. :)

How can you say that? Any source etc.

Any source?

Thanks Bhai!! This is the pic, might be you have seen it before but it will be surely new for some.

stealth3.jpg

F-35 seems useless after its failure in Dog fight.

Yar just take it easy, go through the information pool thread before you go on discussing further about the jet ...

but since you are a member here, and you deserve a response so here you have one --

if you do read up on Gambit's posts you'll come to know what he thinks of "semi stealth" jets -- and mind you -- the guy has served in operations like the desert storm so, there you have an actual fighter pilot's opinion on "semi stealth" fighters...

Why cant a JF-17 be a stealth fighter -- the answer is simple, it defies the very philosophy the jet was based upon -- In JF-17 you have a fighter that is to be inducted in numbers and has to replace a huge fleet of F-7 P/PG and Mirage Rose variants ...

If you read up on how the upgrades were speculated at first, it was first speculated with rumors around an AESA and upgrades in other systems in block II which gave rise to the theory of a stealth version, since the JF-17 was supposed to be delivered in blocks of III, and every block containing upgrades and betterment over a preceding block, so what would be the next step to a upgraded block II (speculated at the time around 2011/2012/2013) which seems somewhere in between a 4 and 4.5 gen like a Jas-39 Gripen NG -- the obvious speculation of stealth variant like an F-15 SE rose from there ...

Why we wont see it is common sense -- the very focus of the project --- cost effectiveness -- the AESA and other upgrades like an upgraded engine or electronics/weapons are the furthest extent to which we'll go -- JF-17 by design is a light fighter so you have the limitations there, and plus you have as heavy fighters, the F-16's and if we choose to go for J-10B provided if PAF is confident in the chinese engine or ultimately a true stealth aircraft like a J-31 --

so conclusion, the stealthy JF-17 with the redesign may never happen due to the aims and philosophy behind the project, however you might see usage of RAM coatings etc. to reduce the RCS further ... ultimately its up to what PAF thinks that it needs and what fulfills those needs in a tight budget ...

Thanks for your reply boss, but it can also be a block-IV?

You should refer to what happened with the Silent Eagle, after considerations from Israel, South Korea, Japan and Saudi Arabia, all these countries went for either -- (a) another version of the F-15 or (b) F-35

so there you have it -- plus if PAF wants to go stealth, which it'll have to sooner or later, there is an already existing option in J-31

and plus, the figure of jf-17 as of now is 150 which will be completed in blocks of III --

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom