What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yar just take it easy, go through the information pool thread before you go on discussing further about the jet ...

but since you are a member here, and you deserve a response so here you have one --

if you do read up on Gambit's posts you'll come to know what he thinks of "semi stealth" jets -- and mind you -- the guy has served in operations like the desert storm so, there you have an actual fighter pilot's opinion on "semi stealth" fighters...

Why cant a JF-17 be a stealth fighter -- the answer is simple, it defies the very philosophy the jet was based upon -- In JF-17 you have a fighter that is to be inducted in numbers and has to replace a huge fleet of F-7 P/PG and Mirage Rose variants ...

If you read up on how the upgrades were speculated at first, it was first speculated with rumors around an AESA and upgrades in other systems in block II which gave rise to the theory of a stealth version, since the JF-17 was supposed to be delivered in blocks of III, and every block containing upgrades and betterment over a preceding block, so what would be the next step to a upgraded block II (speculated at the time around 2011/2012/2013) which seems somewhere in between a 4 and 4.5 gen like a Jas-39 Gripen NG -- the obvious speculation of stealth variant like an F-15 SE rose from there ...

Why we wont see it is common sense -- the very focus of the project --- cost effectiveness -- the AESA and other upgrades like an upgraded engine or electronics/weapons are the furthest extent to which we'll go -- JF-17 by design is a light fighter so you have the limitations there, and plus you have as heavy fighters, the F-16's and if we choose to go for J-10B provided if PAF is confident in the chinese engine or ultimately a true stealth aircraft like a J-31 --

so conclusion, the stealthy JF-17 with the redesign may never happen due to the aims and philosophy behind the project, however you might see usage of RAM coatings etc. to reduce the RCS further ...

Thanks for your reply boss, but it can also be a block-IV?

I asked a question regarding DAS role in JF-17.
What you are saying in bold i might be asking the same question. Are you Nishan?:D

It seems, Nishan has evolved into a derogatory term. Previously, I thought this status was reserved only for the likes of Zardari.

Wouldn't it be easier to upload the video

Has there been any news at all of a JF-17 block 4? Or does it end at block 3?

F-35 seems useless after its failure in Dog fight.

F-35 was not the topic...The Topic was the Distributed Aperture System (DAS). If you go back a few pages you could see what was being discussed between @Mr.Meap and me. Where I posted a link which did not open so copy pasted that article.

As far as F-35 vs F-16 dogfight you can find there is a tread on PDF discussing this in detail, were it is stated that the basic parameters were only tested, and the F-35 does not even have the required set of equipment that would be installed in the final product.

U.S F35 beaten by F16 in dogfight

Has there been any news at all of a JF-17 block 4? Or does it end at block 3?
It would depend on security thereat and availability of other aircraft. As far as my personal opinion PAF would like to develop this platform to the maximum then move ahead to a new design...How many blocks would that be is hard to say.

It seems, Nishan has evolved into a derogatory term. Previously, I thought this status was reserved only for the likes of Zardari.
Both hit bellow the belt:devil:

I asked a question regarding DAS role in JF-17.

Did not suggest it should have it...There is a big difference:haha:

My suggestion regarding Strengthening the wing was based in order to increase weight loading and root section. In Blk 2 there were some composites that have been reprocessed so that they are much more stronger then the Blk 1.

What do you think Cement is the strongest material that can bond.:lol:

What you are saying in bold i might be asking the same question. Are you Nishan?:D

CFT is not a must but it has its advantages. Btw there is a pic of F-6 with belly tank that resembles a lot like CFT:cheesy:

Why did you think it is not??

:)
funny!

But brother, if you ASK what if we make JF-17 nuclear powered or incorporate plasma stealth technology in Blk III, what will be any sane man's response? a shock or will he still be looking for differences whether it was a suggestion or a question :) ? Asking for DAS's role in JF-17 is any far fetched as asking what if we incorporate air independent propulsion in future block!! Shocking right? cause AIP is not for planes in first place, but you have yourself posted the report about DAS, you see that technology will have anything to do with JF-17? Being optimistic and trying to develop is one thing and living in a delusion is different.

For asking why i asked you about Nishan, well he was an old poster here. Many of older members who have spend some time on this forum know about him. You tone, you posts and your aims looks almost same as that of his, that is why i asked. :) and no seeing you reply, i am that much more convinced that you may well be Nishan :) the way you side stepped the actual argument (about WHY PAC is not interested in the modifications you have pointed) and are back with same old argument. The things i said that were asked in bold were all argument AGAINST any such useless modification that will not be be high value for money and will simply be ignoring the main ideology behind JF-17 project.

1st lve heard
Isn't it the same case with most of the things in last 3 4 pages sir?
:P
May be we are getting old and outdated now!! :cheesy:

:)
funny!

But brother, if you ASK what if we make JF-17 nuclear powered or incorporate plasma stealth technology in Blk III, what will be any sane man's response? a shock or will he still be looking for differences whether it was a suggestion or a question :) ? Asking for DAS's role in JF-17 is any far fetched as asking what if we incorporate air independent propulsion in future block!! Shocking right? cause AIP is not for planes in first place, but you have yourself posted the report about DAS, you see that technology will have anything to do with JF-17? Being optimistic and trying to develop is one thing and living in a delusion is different.

For asking why i asked you about Nishan, well he was an old poster here. Many of older members who have spend some time on this forum know about him. You tone, you posts and your aims looks almost same as that of his, that is why i asked. :) and no seeing you reply, i am that much more convinced that you may well be Nishan :) the way you side stepped the actual argument (about WHY PAC is not interested in the modifications you have pointed) and are back with same old argument. The things i said that were asked in bold were all argument AGAINST any such useless modification that will not be be high value for money and will simply be ignoring the main ideology behind JF-17 project.

Bro,
There was a reason behind asking about DAS and the future upgrades that could possibly be incorporated from the J-20. Any ways we should leave it here...

As far as Nishan is concerned I found him to be very stupid and idiotic person when he was active. I have been a visitor on this web site from 2004-05,though decided to join after 10 yrs when I could contribute.

In my opinion if PAF has to incorporate and invest $1 bil or more to enhance JF-17 they should opt for TFX as that would give them almost all the things you are suggesting.

Just relaxing

Attachments

• 1436277133493.jpg
    1436277133493.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 181
I believe this is the closest the fighter is to having a DAS analogue. I think this will continue to evolve and it just a matter of time. There is also the claim by the Spanish that they Jf17 uses their Indra 400 (something 400) system.

MAWS Sensor.jpg

Radar Warning Receiver.jpg

This one looks good. Hoping it wont be restricted to CGI only.

Yea, it looks cool. Structure resembles US lockheed F-35 a bit.

F-35 was not the topic...The Topic was the Distributed Aperture System (DAS). If you go back a few pages you could see what was being discussed between @Mr.Meap and me. Where I posted a link which did not open so copy pasted that article.

As far as F-35 vs F-16 dogfight you can find there is a tread on PDF discussing this in detail, were it is stated that the basic parameters were only tested, and the F-35 does not even have the required set of equipment that would be installed in the final product.

U.S F35 beaten by F16 in dogfight

It would depend on security thereat and availability of other aircraft. As far as my personal opinion PAF would like to develop this platform to the maximum then move ahead to a new design...How many blocks would that be is hard to say.

Both hit bellow the belt:devil:

got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom