What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan and China develop two-seat Xiaolong fighter

Staff Reporter 2015-03-03

A JF-17 Thunder of the Pakistan Air Force at the Zhuhai Airshow in Guangdong, November 2012.

To introduce the FC-1 Xiaolong multirole fighter, also known as the JF-17 Thunder, to the overseas market, China and Pakistan are going to display a two-seater version of the aircraft during the Paris Air Show held from June 15-21 this year, reports the Moscow-based Military Parade.

Known as the FC-1B or JF-17B, this two-seater fighter is likely to be equipped with the French-built M88-2 engine. It is currently equipped with the Rafale twin-engine fighter designed by Dassault for the French Air Force.

With this new engine, the range of the Xiaolong can be extended from 800 kilometers to 1,000 kilometers, according to the report. A refueling probe will be installed on the FC-1B or JF-17B as well for aerial refueling according to an unofficial source.

Other defense analysts have queried whether the M88-2 can be fitted to a two-seater Xiaolong

Sir Jee kindly give ur opinion about the credibility of this news. It's been around for quiet a while.

Day before yesterday I believe their was a JFT circling around Jinnah International Airport. After every few minutes it keeps coming back, I thought around 5 or 6 rounds but it's late evening and sky was dark.

What might be the purpose :/

i guess it will also increase the payload ?

Not necessary, to do that mainly weight of the plane have to be reduced, more strong air frame and also more powerful engine will be needed.

rare image of radar Testbed use for j-7 j-8 and jf-17
1471b.jpg

Type 1478 (KLJ-7)
Designed by: 14 Institute (NRIET)
1471e.jpg

Not necessary, to do that mainly weight of the plane have to be reduced, more strong air frame and also more powerful engine will be needed.

PAF just made deals with Russians for RD-93 , i guess. .. so engine is same ... i am curious to see what changes this double seat variant will carry ..

PAF just made deals with Russians for RD-93 , i guess. .. so engine is same ... i am curious to see what changes this double seat variant will carry ..

If PAF is interested in dual seat JF-17 then RD-93MA may be acquired as it gives better thrust then the basic model and the structural difference between single seat and dual seat JF-17 will be as same as difference between singe seat F-16 block-50 & dual seat block-52+.

If PAF is interested in dual seat JF-17 then RD-93MA may be acquired as it gives better thrust then the basic model and the structural difference between single seat and dual seat JF-17 will be as same as difference between singe seat F-16 block-50 & dual seat block-52+.

yes but dont you think , for that they need to changes in Airframe ? and they can increase the range and payload ..

yes but dont you think , for that they need to changes in Airframe ? and they can increase the range and payload ..

Yes it is possible as Japan have increased it in their F-2s which is larger version of F-16.

Exactly , but we need a powerful Engine for that .. dont you think ?

basically if Pakistan want to increase its aviation capabilities then they should try it in house and be less dependent on China it will be beneficial for both, AL-31FN which is larger engine can be used in larger version of JF-17.

@Horus @gambit you opinion is required in this regards.

basically if Pakistan want to increase its aviation capabilities then they should try it in house and be less dependent on China it will be beneficial for both, AL-31FN which is larger engine can be used in larger version of JF-17.

@Horus @gambit you opinion is required in this regards.

what i was thinking that , if Pakistan is looking for some Export order, they need to change few things, other countries requirements are not as same as PAF ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom