What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concept picture.

1011827_10151695000719919_1226888940_n.jpg

@Oscar Won't static IFR create drag and restrict maneuverability of JF-17?

Last edited by a moderator:
The French had specifically asked for a fixed probe for rafale -- I read an article a couple of years back regarding it

Operational ease, complexity, weight, internal space in a light fighter might be of more relevance than a slight increase in RCS --Its lighter,safer,cheaper,reliable, no moving parts, no chances of error --major conctributions of RCS would come from suspended bombs either way.Effects on the RCS or drag are marginal .. location might affect view

A model of a two-seat version JF-17 will be displayed in 2013 Paris air show, according to Chinese source.

I think than it will belong to Block-II series that is supposed to be the real fighter with:
Composites
CFTs
Retractable In Flight Refueling Probe like Gippens
WS-13(100KN) 3D TVC
IRST Pod under air intake and FLIR above the nose
Advance avionics with AESA
Dual Seat Version.

Also heard that PAC has gained the capability to produce 25-35 or even more on early basis. So this means that PAF can gain about 100 JF-17 Block-IIs and about 40-50 Dual seat in 5 years along with some exports as well.

I wish that EGYPT, LIBYA and ALGERIA should join in with Chinese or Russian on a 5th Generation plane.

@satishkumarcsc

Are you an engineer? You have alot of knowledge regarding this!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a CV online of some European someone (British I think) who worked a few years ago developing the JF-17 refuelling probe/system. ... ... Have save it but I have since lost my hard drive. Will see if I can find it again.

FOUND IT:
Here http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/gavin-holkham/32/748/2a6 it says

Structural / Mechanical Designer (Contract)
Cobham Mission Systems Ltd
March 2006 – August 2009

JF-17 (Thunder) Air to Air Refuelling Probe; Responsible for the conceptual design of an externally mounted hybrid telescopic refuelling probe, strong-back structural mounting frame and fairings. Completion of design studies and kinematic simulations and structural integration with aircraft structure.

What's the best airforce magazines in your opinion?

I like Aviation week, airliners and Combat aircraft...Jane's is a very good source. I usually read the ones i can get in the library nearby my place.

They are also just media...but the truth lies somewhere between the lines.

Basic physics of Bernoulli's fluid dynamics theories are really helpful....I will send u a PDF on how the wing works and how drag acts on the ailerons and all.

http://www.dept.aoe.vt.edu/~lutze/AOE3104/airfoilwings.pdf

try reading this and you might get a basic idea of what lift, drag and vortices are....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom