What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
its simple, does not house any emitters or anything for that matter.. The spine is like a plain fuel tank that extends to the back of the plane.
Mikoyan-Gurevich%20MiG-21U%20Mongol%20-%20MiG-21UM%20Special%20colours.jpg

The aerodynamics of the spine are shaped that way to minimize drag. Mn the block 52+ models the spine houses emitters, avionics etc. Its design is made to suit the aerodynamics of the F-16.
The first F-16 with a spine was the AFTI demonstrator.
EC89-0016-20.jpg

As you can see, its not exactly very large and was mainly for avionics, when the Israeli's saw this.. they wanted it for their F-16's so they could fit their own EW systems on it. As the aircraft grew.. more and more EW systems were wanted and the spine was enlarged to accommodate them.

There will be very little in terms of Avionics... only whatever has been displaced by the addition of the second seat will be moved into the spine.

Thanks alot ... Much better explained..!!

PAS2013-JF-17-two-seat.jpg

just change little bit

I am sorry to ask juvenile Qs but I have not seen this before, I can see the JF-17 on the tail but why is it so different? is this the dual version is so it is not very clear in the model for example I cannot make out the second seat in the canopy, so I would be grateful for some information. Thanks.

I am sorry to ask juvenile Qs but I have not seen this before, I can see the JF-17 on the tail but why is it so different? is this the dual version is so it is not very clear in the model for example I cannot make out the second seat in the canopy, so I would be grateful for some information. Thanks.

You have answered your self, it's model of a twin seater, second seat is situated against the raised spine.

JF-17 needs two to three more hard points!

JF-17 needs two to three more hard points!

It may need extensive ' structural modifications ' and they are both costly and time intensive ! :what:

Paris Air Show
JF-17B
rdn_51be580ab1f43.jpg

rdn_51be5809bcb46.jpg

rdn_51be580a17a9c.jpg

rdn_51be580936323.jpg

one seat at right and two seats at left
rdn_51be580711d77.jpg

Are you sure this is JF-17 B and @AUz we can't develop more hard points as long as we don't have better engine because current engine would not work with increased pay load we need better engine to increase pay load of JF-17 thunder

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure this is JF-17 B and @AUz we can't develop more hard points as long as we don't have better engine because current engine would not work with increased pay load we need better engine to increase pay load of JF-17 thunder

The best does not mean that the most suitable,this is a two-seat type, most two-seat type main at training, ground attack, electronic warfare, complex tasks; and one-seat type at dogfight;
Pilot is more important than fighter, 80% downed fighters are shoot by 20% polits; In 2013, The No.1 Ace 42:0 in freedom Air Combat with Su-30(his opponents are 25 Su-30 and 16 J-10), while the No.2 Ace 40:2 with J-10(his opponents are 26 Su-30 and 15 J-10) in freedom Air Combat;

Last edited by a moderator:
The best does not mean that the most suitable,this is a two-seat type, most two-seat type main at training, ground attack, electronic warfare, complex tasks; and one-seat type at dogfight;
Pilot is more important than fighter, 80% downed fighters are shoot by 20% polits; In 2013, The No.1 Ace 42:0 in freedom Air Combat with Su-30(his opponents are 25 Su-30 and 16 J-10), while the No.2 Ace 40:2 with J-10(his opponents are 26 Su-30 and 15 J-10) in freedom Air Combat;
So you are telling me that more pay load can be added to this and hard points without changing the engine Sir ?

So you are telling me that more pay load can be added to this and hard points without changing the engine Sir ?
I don't know the details, only chengdu company and Pak defence part know that, but as traditional, the updata will not stop

He is saying nothing about the engine. He is making two observations: 1. Importance of pilot, which is not dependent upon platform. 2. The different roles of single-seat and Two-seat combat aircraft.

The missile on the inner pylon, does it look like a MAR-1 or LD-10? … … Being a 2-seater, is the model also advertising a SEAD/DEAD emphasis?

in this bufget 2013-14
how much amount was allocate for jf-17?can any 1 tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom