What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe along with block 2 a surprise is waiting for us(i.e two seater)……
maybe this is reason of delay in project?
well lets see wjat happens……:yu:

The twin seater version will take sometime from Pt to real operational. I expect 3-5 years for it to operation.

Woooo
but my sources told me the exact upgrades and reason for delay
1- Some minor upgrades in EW and tweaks in radar
2- IFR Fixed
That's all for upgrades

The Only Reason for Delays in Batch 2 is Fundsssssssssssssss
so hope now you stop posting lies and than ppl making laugh on this fighter.

I won't really bet on extra Hard Points and Increased wing span

Reasons:

1. Increased wing span will create more lift but will also increase Drag and Lift induced drag. (you will need more juice out that engine)

2. Increased lift will create much higher stresses on the Bulkhead ( than the originally considered stresses). You will have to either beef up the Bulkheads or redesign them altogether. ( in both cases you will increase the weight of the Aircraft, shortly more juice of that same engine).

I think it's best if PAF sticks to current configuration and improve the avionics suite of the aircraft.

it looks impressive with DSI
just some work is needed to be done on its wings
it will surely look impressive with more hardpoints and greater internal size and wingspan……:tup::pop:

Jf17 program will never be delayed... Other jets like j10 or more f16 can be delayed but saying no funds for Jf17 is not true...

For a fighter jet to use complete load they should add more HP as Payload capacity has been increased.

This Twin seater design does'nt look too impressive to me... I was expecting the F-16D like Dorsal Spine..
But after all thumbs up to PAF..

Why?
Do you know the reasons for the F-16 dorsal spine to be like that?
And why is the JF-17 spine slightly more aerodynamic?

This Twin seater design does'nt look too impressive to me... I was expecting the F-16D like Dorsal Spine..
But after all thumbs up to PAF..

Are you kidding me ? The Dorsal Spine on F-16D are for holding various undesclosed avionics of the Aircraft and to support the CFT's. Do know what JFT holds at that area and what not ? Plus we all know both Aircrafts are different in category.

Are you kidding me ? The Dorsal Spine on F-16D are for holding various undesclosed avionics of the Aircraft and to support the CFT's. Do know what JFT holds at that area and what not ? Plus we all know both Aircrafts are different in category.

it holds fuel.. plain and simple.

Why?
Do you know the reasons for the F-16 dorsal spine to be like that?
And why is the JF-17 spine slightly more aerodynamic?

If you can put light on this kind of spine of jf-17 then plz explain its design..
I dont know much about aerodynamics.. I was expecting dorsal spine for the sake of increase in the beauty of the plane...

I know you are correct .... but just think about the dorsal spine too for a moment...

If you can put light on this kind of spine of jf-17 then plz explain its design..
I dont know much about aerodynamics.. I was expecting dorsal spine for the sake of increase in the beauty of the plane...

its simple, does not house any emitters or anything for that matter.. The spine is like a plain fuel tank that extends to the back of the plane.
Mikoyan-Gurevich%20MiG-21U%20Mongol%20-%20MiG-21UM%20Special%20colours.jpg

The aerodynamics of the spine are shaped that way to minimize drag. Mn the block 52+ models the spine houses emitters, avionics etc. Its design is made to suit the aerodynamics of the F-16.
The first F-16 with a spine was the AFTI demonstrator.
EC89-0016-20.jpg

As you can see, its not exactly very large and was mainly for avionics, when the Israeli's saw this.. they wanted it for their F-16's so they could fit their own EW systems on it. As the aircraft grew.. more and more EW systems were wanted and the spine was enlarged to accommodate them.
But I have read about avionics. Maybe not just fuel.

There will be very little in terms of Avionics... only whatever has been displaced by the addition of the second seat will be moved into the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom