What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wont be seeing the real status of Pakistan armed forces weapon acquisitions after the attacks on PNS mehran, kamra etc etc. to keep the bases safe and secret. I bet the third squadron is already operational. Dont Believe me ? Think for a minute.

i think even 5th squad could be ready with this logic...:)

the 3rd sqn is slated to replace a mirage sqn at PAF masroor. the infrastructure (ground facilities) are being updated to service the JFT. the question is will the JFT sqn be a air superiority or a maritime strike sqn.

Hi, i am a noob in this but since already we already know that PAF has received cm-400 missile and some members have said that A2A capabilities will take atleast three more years to mature, can't we just assume that the next squadron is for maritime strike role?

Masroor is home to Rose mirages, don't understand why they should be replaced first?

ROSE upgrade was done to replace the avionics and give the aircraft more capabilities.
Their structure or engines were not upgraded. They are much older than F-7, and i'm not surprise if they're going to be replaced first.

Hi, i am a noob in this but since already we already know that PAF has received cm-400 missile and some members have said that A2A capabilities will take atleast three more years to mature, can't we just assume that the next squadron is for maritime strike role?
ONLY a few members think that it would take a decade to synchronize a Chinese operational missile on a Chinese aircraft.
most of the forum members do believe that SD-10 is already delivered and in operation

"Although the FC-1/JF-17 is already jointly built with Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, FAdeA officials stressed that they are dealing solely with the Chinese in this matter."

They really want to set up a production line. Of course only China can make that happen

944614_609013952477319_1541226288_n.jpg

ONLY a few members think that it would take a decade to synchronize a Chinese operational missile on a Chinese aircraft.
most of the forum members do believe that SD-10 is already delivered and in operation

Yes, but those most members have been proved wrong in past before. Not to mention there is no evidence that PAF has received SD10 or that it has been even fired from JF17. In fact, it is still not clear whether Sd10B has completed its development or not.

ROSE upgrade was done to replace the avionics and give the aircraft more capabilities.
Their structure or engines were not upgraded. They are much older than F-7, and i'm not surprise if they're going to be replaced first.

ROSE upgrade was done on relatively newer airframes, as chak bamu pointed out, the replacement will probably be mirage v dedicated to anti shipping role.

ROSE upgrade was done on relatively newer airframes, as chak bamu pointed out, the replacement will probably be mirage v dedicated to anti shipping role.

My guess is that they would likely work in tandem for a while. Reason is that our Mirages are equipped with systems not integrated/found on JF-17, eg. Exocet Anti-ship missiles. Plus we have a lot of experience with Mirages, they would not disappear overnight. Atleast not until JF-17 completely replace them in capability, not just quantity.

My guess is that they would likely work in tandem for a while. Reason is that our Mirages are equipped with systems not integrated/found on JF-17, eg. Exocet Anti-ship missiles. Plus we have a lot of experience with Mirages, they would not disappear overnight. Atleast not until JF-17 completely replace them in capability, not just quantity.

I don't know about that first we would have to see what major changes come with BLOCK II if they still don't match with Mirages specially those with Rose thing than we would definitely will go for J-10 that too in large numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom