What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, jf-17 initiated, j-10b adapted. j-20 followed, j-31 followed, jl-9 joined the cue. Infact, jl-9 was seen with DSI last year.

JL-9G is in PT stage and specially designed to operate from aircraft carrier.

A JL-9G prototype (#423) was descending at CFTE airfield after a test flight. This dedicated variant has been developed for training Navy pilots in take-off and landing on the aircraft carrier deck (land-based simulation). In order to adapt to the carrier operation environment, JL-9G features some extensive modifications. They include strengthened landing gears, a tail arresting hook and enlarged wings. Leading edge slaps and leading edge root extensions were installed in order to reduce the take-off and landing speed at higher AOA. It also features a taller tailfin housing additional ECM equipment on the top and offering more stability during the high AOA take-off and landing. New DSIs were installed as well which reduce the weight. New conformal antennas are installed at the wingtips. Due to the installation of the arresting hook the twin ventral stabilizing fins were removed. JL-9G made its maiden flight in 2009 and two prototypes (S/N 423 & 424) are currently being tested at CFTE. The trainer is expected to support the carrier based J-15 fighter. An export version dubbed FTC-2000G multi-role trainer/light attack aircraft was unveiled at the 2012 Zhuhai Airshow. This version features an additional pair of side pylons underneath the fuselage for bombs as well as wingtip pylons for AAMs.
- Last Updated 11/12/12

Chinese Military Aviation: Trainers

IiefY.jpg

JL-9G.jpg

JL-9G1.jpg

Does Jf-17 have a tandem seat operational conversion trainer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it mean When JF-17 talks with Erieye directly, data has to be send unencrypted? @Oscar

What happens if JF-17 talks with erieye through ground based node?

No, it means that the PAF has its own proprietary encryption in development. The idea was to use the ground station but the latency problem and the whole complication of the process had the PAF deciding to get them to talk directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it means that the PAF has its own proprietary encryption in development. The idea was to use the ground station but the latency problem and the whole complication of the process had the PAF deciding to get them to talk directly.

Milspec encryption is no child's task. Lets see how PAF meets this challenge.

Milspec encryption is no child's task. Lets see how PAF meets this challenge.

I find it insulting that you question the intelligence of people like me who worked beside me for hours on end to make such things happen.

I find it insulting that you question the intelligence of people like me who worked beside me for hours on end to make such things happen.

What insult? You said it was "in development". All I commented was to lets see how PAF meets this challenge. I am not questioning anybody's hard work, intelligence or dedication, merely asking for the end result after the "in development" part, so that achievement can be congratulated, if indeed the challenge has been met.

When I left in 2011,home grown secure audio was in deployment... home grown AES-128 and 256 encryption on data was in testing.
So please, I am all for realism.. but tone down your condescending sarcasm for a while.

There is no sarcasm on my part Sir that you perceive. Like I clarified above, I am not questioning anybody's hard work, intelligence or dedication, merely asking for the end result after the "in development" part, so that achievement can be congratulated, if indeed the challenge has been met.

Perhaps the project is already successful. If so, heartiest Congratulations to your (ex)team to the important achievement!

When I left in 2011,home grown secure audio was in deployment... home grown AES-128 and 256 encryption on data was in testing.
So please, I am all for realism.. but tone down your condescending sarcasm for a while.

AES is a standard algo. It can be implemented by anyone. What do u mean by homegrown?

AES is a standard algo. It can be implemented by anyone. What do u mean by homegrown?
As in implemented for a system designed inhouse. As in not purchased or reverse engineered or otherwise.

As in implemented for a system designed inhouse. As in not purchased or reverse engineered or otherwise.

The algo is public. You don't need to purchase it or reverse engineer it. But i get ur point. btw, those thread bans ever expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom