What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did report about IFR being retractable... This is confirmation of that. :)

I went through it again. But could not see anything relating to IFR. Did I miss something?

You don't sell items that way---. You have to present it---you have to show what it can do---then you take it away from the consumer---make them feel for it---tell them it is not available---. Make them excited for the product. Let them come to you and ask for it. Make them feel obligated---make them need it----let them have the desire for it.

Let the flights, displays, weapons and systems installed do the talking and you just keep your mouth shut----make them feel it---let them have the desire to own it. Don't let everyone close to the aircraft---don't make it a display open to everyone---.

Hi,
No offense intended but, You are making it sound like striptease.

LQE40Y6.jpg

EYF0UAL.jpg

Combat Aircraft Monthly
- March 2014
Pages: 38-39

Chak :Line 11 page 2...

Chak :Line 11 page 2...

Sir Munir,

Article is talking about "Extendable" probe instead of "Retractable" one which is a standard terminology for a probe like that. There could be difference between the two. Can Extendable probe be one which otherwise stays half open but upon need it EXTENDS further? The Probe we saw in JF-17 Block-II prototype was BENT 90 degrees at a point before it entered into the airframe. A retractable probes cannot offer such 90 folding.. unless we change the location and design of probe to something like this.

Images+from+drogue-probe+style+air+refueling+system+testing+on+F-16..jpg

JF-17 block-II IFR Probe
JF-17_109.jpg

Reactions: HRK
Extendable as the pipe length can be altered but it is still is also retractable. Some extendable are s retractable but a retractable is not per definition extendable...

Extendable as the pipe length can be altered but it is still is also retractable. Some extendable are s retractable but a retractable is not per definition extendable...

Yes, but the JF-17 IFR probe as has been shown above is neither retractable nor extendable.

You mean to say, A fixed IFR which would not go inside the aircraft but would be retractable externally like a juice straw up to some point so not to hinder the pilot right view?

You mean to say, A fixed IFR which would not go inside the aircraft but would be retractable externally like a juice straw up to some point so not to hinder the pilot right view?

Sort of external retractable probe?

what is with oil mark between stabilizers? We have seen similar on jet performing in Dubai last year.

Turbines like to throw out oil. Especially when the engines are getting tired. (too much flying or old engine)
And judging by the looks of it, its cooked oil. i have seen this on many 737s.

Turbines like to throw out oil. Especially when the engines are getting tired. (too much flying or old engine)
And judging by the looks of it, its cooked oil. i have seen this on many 737s.
right. I asked cause its the same spot seen twice .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom