What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people compare t50 and jft in terms of airframe life, do they factor in the stress required for a frontline fighter [jft] to be greater than a trainer/LIFT aircraft, thus decreasing jf-17's airframe life as compared to T50?

Can Falcon UP/STAR programmes be used on jf17?

well atleast ,the finally the thoughts that jf-17 cant carry sd-10 or c-802 has came to end with offical pictures from PAF

but yet there is no such details of sketch on block-2 why ?

1526232_10152206707219179_1422955393_n.jpg

JF-17 Thunder varient may be popular among developing nations

31 December 2013

CB19X0027H_2013%E8%B3%87%E6%96%99%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87_N71_copy1.JPG

A JF-17 Thunder performs during the 2013 Dubai Airshow, Nov. 18. (Photo/Xinhua)

The JF-17 Block-II — the upgrade version of the JF-17 Thunder co-designed by China and Pakistan — is likely to be a very popular combat aircraft among the developing nations, according to the Diplomat, an online current affairs magazine based in Tokyo.

Quoting reports from the Washington-based online portals Defense News and Defense Talk, the Diplomat stated that Pakistan has recently launched production of the JF-17 Block-II at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex near Islamabad. The country expects to begin exporting the aircraft next year, the report said, adding the newer JF-17 Block-II variants possesses more advanced weapons systems and avionics.

"We've been getting inquiries and expressions of interest for the JF-17 Thunder from many countries in the Middle East, Africa and from as far as South America," said Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex.

A report published in 2010 indicated that the potential buyers of JF-17 includes Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Nigeria, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Turkey, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

The Pakistan Aeronautical Complex has already produced 50 older and less-advanced JF-17 Block-1 fighters for the nation's air force. This low-cost multirole single engine fighter was originally co-designed by China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group and the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. In China, the aircraft is called the FC-1 Xiaolong or Fierce Dragon.

Earlier last week, Pakistani prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, visited the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex to officially inaugurate the beginning of the Block-II production. The event was also attended by Chinese delegates and the Pakistan air force, the Diplomat said.

JF-17 Thunder varient may be popular among developing nations|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

why are the reports so sure about a possible export next year?

are we really set to export it next year?

well informed members ,jnr TTs can you guys give me a concise post with links for these questions -- I need this reply for the info pool.

1]how much money did pak and china give for jft/fc1 project

2]if fc1 rather than jft is sold, pak will get 50% profit minus chinese avionics

3] % rights of jft held by pac

4] % of avionics,fighter built at pac

5] pac's say in the export/assembly/tweek package of the fighter fc1 [not jft] to any country

6] can china give the same deal/collaboration to any other country creating a fc1/jft hybrid without pac's involvement? [like the mbt2000 exports/3000 offshoots ... the actual deal of export collaboration with HIT was negotiated just recently?] i.e can pac and jft be de-linked from future chinese exports?

7] has a pakistani and chinese joint export group been made recently?
----------------------
If there is some other question any one wants to add let us know.I know some of the answers and 've seen nabil and farhan posting some links regarding some other points. I've noticed these question being floated on international fora. Lets direct our attention for a unified post for a second.TY

well informed members ,jnr TTs can you guys give me a concise post with links for these questions -- I need this reply for the info pool.

ANSWERS IN BOLD TO YOUR QUESTIONS, i am far from well informed though :)

1]how much money did pak and china give for jft/fc1 project

*500-550 million

2]if fc1 rather than jft is sold, pak will get 50% profit minus chinese avionics

* same aircraft/ same project, only difference is in avionics, still funded by PAC

3] % rights of jft held by pac

* 58%

4] % of avionics,fighter built at pac

* As per video commentry, currently around 60-70%, see the AMF videos on PAC website. some indigenous avionics already in the plane but % is not known.

5] pac's say in the export/assembly/tweek package of the fighter fc1 [not jft] to any country

* PAC holds 58% project so China cant export fighters without PAC's consent, but the more exports, the better ;)

6] can china give the same deal/collaboration to any other country creating a fc1/jft hybrid without pac's involvement? [like the mbt2000 exports/3000 offshoots ... the actual deal of export collaboration with HIT was negotiated just recently?] i.e can pac and jft be de-linked from future chinese exports?

* In MBT 2000, there were several niggles left, we were sleeping, also, we dont have the same leverage on other variants apart of our AK variant, this is Not the case with FC-1/ JFT, also, this cant happen without penalties after the joint sales/ marketing group is established

7] has a pakistani and chinese joint export group been made recently?
----------------------

* Yep, last month, news emerged in media too

If there is some other question any one wants to add let us know.I know some of the answers and 've seen nabil and farhan posting some links regarding some other points. I've noticed these question being floated on international fora. Lets direct our attention for a unified post for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom