What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It uses a laser proximity fuse

Sir, its a 2003-04 article. Specification may have been different then, but right now SD-10/PL/12 is having a RF proximity fuze. Only the WVR missiles PL-9 & PL-5 are having laser proximity fuzes.

The R-77 Radar seeker variant and the AIM-120 both use RF proximity fuses. The PAC-3 missile and the S-400 SAM also use RF proximity fuzing.The HAL Astra will use RF fusing as well..is it outdated?.

There is no modern or outdated about it. Laser fuzes are possible on Radar missiles as well but it depends on the costs tradeoff vs accuracy.
This little link shows how fuzing works and what accuracy is enough. If a RF fuze provides amble accuracy for the needs...why would you add a Laser fuze for the heck of it?
Chapter 14 Fuzing

Early IR missiles used IR proximity fusing and switched to laser for increased accuracy.

Laser prox fuzes are absolutely modern tech.. All new R77s have laser prox fuze along with an active radar seeker.. From day one drdo is working for a laser prox fuze instead of RF prox fuze(in every news about astra this is mentioned)..US navy using missiles now uses laser prox fuzes and infra red seekers to avoid the probs of 'RF DENIED' environment.. Laser prox fuze helps against dense radar jamming, target manouvers, target radar cross section etc.. US Army even given a contract to 'Raytheon' for LADAR instead of RADAR in new anti ballistic missiles.. Prox fuze in aim-120 improved after aim120c-6(no details known).. May US gave aim120 with RF prox fuze to PAF for avoid any chance against their stealth air crafts..

Since ATLIS II are limited to daylight, will they be replaced by any other Pod in near future? considering our falcons have already been upgraded. They should be able to use Sniper XR pods, which we already posses for block 52s.

Older F-16s once upgraded to MLU standard would all be compatible with Sniper pods or any other compatible pods in the market.

Older F-16s once upgraded to MLU standard would all be compatible with Sniper pods or any other compatible pods in the market.

Sir, will those F-16s be able to use JHMCS with AIM-9'M' ?

Since ATLIS II are limited to daylight, will they be replaced by any other Pod in near future? considering our falcons have already been upgraded. They should be able to use Sniper XR pods, which we already posses for block 52s.

Hmm, those were the eighties, Taimi, when F-16 was by far the most potent fighter anywhere in South-Asia.

I wonder if Americans would let us integrate the AIM9L/P versions on the JF-17?

But there seems no need as PL5 and PL5 II are both potent enough IR engagements.

I don't think we had asked for permission or help while integrating them on F-7s / F-6s. Don't think we may need to ask this time also. But again Chinese missiles would be good enough, but a variety of missiles is also very very good. Just imagine PL-5E, AIM-9L & Brazilian WVR missiles are integrated on one platform.

why people say JF17 does not have IRST while WMD-7 has IR capabilities???:what:

Sir, will those F-16s be able to use JHMCS with AIM-9'M' ?

I believe from what i have read, with the upgrade except for engine & CFTs, the older F-16s would be as good as and capable as Blk-52s. And if the avionic suite is being upgraded, don't think why JHMCS won't be integrated. Having a HMS was one of the goals in the MLU upgrade program when it was planned. And i think Pakistan has already ordered the JHMCS system when the MLU kits and upgrade was ordered.

I believe from what i have read, with the upgrade except for engine & CFTs, the older F-16s would be as good as and capable as Blk-52s. And if the avionic suite is being upgraded, don't think why JHMCS won't be integrated. Having a HMS was one of the goals in the MLU upgrade program when it was planned. And i think Pakistan has already ordered the JHMCS system when the MLU kits and upgrade was ordered.

but i was wondering if JHMCS is compatible with AIM-9'M' :undecided::what:

why people say JF17 does not have IRST while WMD-7 has IR capabilities???:what:

Those members are asking for a dedicated IRST system just like what J-11B / J-10B have. The IR capability in WMD-7 is for land attack purposes. The dedicated IRST can be and is useful for air to air missions.

Last edited:
Single engine design call KFX-E based on enlarging T-50, possible competition to Gripen NG and JF-17 blk3
5qmDj5C.jpg

5thsun의 세번째 낙서장 : T-50 개량 KFX-E에 대한 분석 (추가 및 수정)

Pakistan launches JF-17 Block II!
2140026662.jpg

I announced in 2011, Pakistan has launched the production of fighter JF-17 "Thunder" block II in collaboration with China. The new standard of "Thunder" took a year late on the official calendar.

The JF-17 "Thunder" will be produced in an improved standard is the Block II, which will include a data link (Link16) improved electronic warfare capability. The aircraft can be refueled in flight and have a weapons expands, especially with the A-Darter short-range missile developed by Brazil and South Africa (Pakistani version only). It will block the product is shipped for 2016.

Intermediate Radar:

The JF-17 "Thunder" Block II will have an intermediate radar, the KLJ-7 is manufactured in China by CTEC and is equipped with a mechanical antenna. The KLJ is close enough to the Thales RC400. It is also that French society was racing to equip the Pakistani version of the aircraft, but tensions between the two countries about the sale of submarines have aborted this project recalls.

Prepare the standard block III:

In reality, the Block II standard preparing for the arrival of a more advanced Sino-Pakistani fighter with the final version of the aircraft or the Block III will be produced from 2020 standard. This latest version will receive an electronic scanning radar (AESA) derived from the model provided for team Chinese J-10B. The latter, however, will be smaller and therefore less efficient.

Regarding the Pakistani version of the block III will be produced indigenously but receive the AESA radar in Nanjing, China.

About the JF-17 "Thunder" / FC-1 Xiaolong:

The JF-17 "Thunder" (Pakistan) or FC-1 "Xiaolong" (China) is a Sino-Pakistani association. Designed in China by the manufacturer AVIC state, it is co-financed by Pakistan and produced by PakistanComlex (CAP).Hunter single-reactor powered by a Chinese version of the RD-93 engine derived from the Russian RD-33 that equips the MiG-29. The aircraft made its first flight in September 2003. Multirole aircraft of low cost, about $ 20 million, it is equipped with modern avionics compared to A-5C and F-7P (derived from MiG-19/21).

The armament includes two cannons GSh-23 (23mm) up to 3.700kg / 8150 pounds of payload. With Western weapons for version JF-17 as Sidewinder AIM-9P or Chinese PL-7/8/9.

The Chinese version has a capacity of shooting distance using the missile PL-12/SD-10.

1194537184.jpg

french translation
Pakistan launches JF-17 Block II!

Le Pakistan lance le JF-17 block II ! : avia news

Single engine design call KFX-E based on enlarging T-50, possible competition to Gripen NG and JF-17 blk3

But @Manticore, is there any JF-17 Block III official design/sketch and outline information that it could possibly be stealth.

KFX-E is based on enlarging T-50 , same as gripen NG which is based on previous block of gripen i.e both are based on conventional designs -- RCS reduction features wont ofcourse make them stealth fighters however incorporating them in a 4rth gen design isnt far fetched provided they have a robust economy

Laser prox fuzes are absolutely modern tech.. All new R77s have laser prox fuze along with an active radar seeker.. From day one drdo is working for a laser prox fuze instead of RF prox fuze(in every news about astra this is mentioned)..US navy using missiles now uses laser prox fuzes and infra red seekers to avoid the probs of 'RF DENIED' environment.. Laser prox fuze helps against dense radar jamming, target manouvers, target radar cross section etc.. US Army even given a contract to 'Raytheon' for LADAR instead of RADAR in new anti ballistic missiles.. Prox fuze in aim-120 improved after aim120c-6(no details known).. May US gave aim120 with RF prox fuze to PAF for avoid any chance against their stealth air crafts..

The also kept RF fuze for the AIM-120D.. are they also willing to fail against stealth A/C?

Suggest you read Gambits post for your answer if a Pakistani's is not acceptable as adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom