What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the same seriesas as refueling probe of J-10

How positive are your? The refuelling system for the Mirage came from the South Africans... its only natural they added their expertise to the JF-17.

Jeez.. I wonder.. if our usual fanboys with stealth block-II ideas are going to shut up now or not.

Block 2 jets come with air-to-air refuelling capability, improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, better weapon carriage and enhanced data link and electronic warfare capabilities.

Considering I've been saying this since 2011..I wonder how long will they go on till the mystery about the third block is to be cleared.

Question - Will all JF17 Block 1's be upgraded to Block 2 standards

So by 2016 will we have 100 Block 2 standard JF17's

@Dazzler,

Sir you had mentioned that block-II will have AESA or was that for block-III? Also there were rumours hinting block-II will have stealth nose. Looks like lots of rumors were just rumors or are we not looking at finalized block-II yet? How do you take this development?

How positive are your? The refuelling system for the Mirage came from the South Africans... its only natural they added their expertise to the JF-17.

Jeez.. I wonder.. if our usual fanboys with stealth block-II ideas are going to shut up now or not.

Block 2 jets come with air-to-air refuelling capability, improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, better weapon carriage and enhanced data link and electronic warfare capabilities.

Considering I've been saying this since 2011..I wonder how long will they go on till the mystery about the third block is to be cleared.
No IRST :( ???

The Chinese are producing IRST'S, why can't we have those :cry: ????

Chinese+aircraft+carrier+j-15+flying+sharke+fighterChina++Aircraft+Carrier+Liaoning+CV16+j-15+16+17+22+21+31+z8+9+10+11+aesa+J-15+Flying+Shark+Shi+Lang+OPERATIONALFlying+Shark+Shi+Lang+z-8+helicopter+aew+asw+early+warning+ka-+%252812%2529.jpg

So please tell us what to expect in block 3, so we are not led on another trip to the wonderland:)

There was a report few weeks ago that PAC is upgrading Cobra's in house.

Could you post the link please?

I don't think PAC ever had any supoprt or maint facilities for helicopters.

What kinds of upgrades exactly?

Last edited:
Could you post the link please?

I don't think PAC ever had any supoprt or maint facilities for helicopters.

What kinds of upgrades exactly?
Pakistan ready to start sale of JF-17 Thunder planes from next year | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra has accomplished the up-gradation of Cobra Helicopters presently under use of the army besides installing high tech system therein.

This IFR probe attachment may not be final version of it, it looks creepy sticking out.

Just saw news about JF17 IFR, I strongly disagree with your opinion. It is perfect design to meet JFT's body requirements. You will see Typhoon and Rafale's common front IFR sticking out.

1832870.jpg

109a50a8-5f0b-4d55-91ed-606d6db68cff.Large.jpg

2Cyu4dI.jpg

PAF%25E2%2580%2599s+Mirage-III+Rose-I+with+refueling+kits+IL78MP.jpg

Our pilots can easily see being refueled in air by our Aircraft Refueling IL-78s, let's see previous mirage with IFR.

Mirage-III+IL-78+Midas+R09-001+Pakistan+Air+Force+%283%29.jpg

One thing is I am concerned the pipes under the line of engine is bad idea.

J10-B's Refueling.
mE0sZ.jpg

creepy sticking out like that?? :hitwall:

what if the IFR is just for the present Block 1?

could be the reason that their is not enough space in the nose section?

And since Block II from factory will be having IFR.which might have one similar to the J-10's?

Proposed JF-17 IFR from 2011 dubai airshow

In this picture the IFR is clearly in front of the intakes and closer to the Nose start such as on rafale

airrefueling.jpg

Now the one on the JF-17 released yesterday is clearly behind the Overall cockpit and intakes

2Cyu4dI.jpg

Reactions: HRK
Just saw news about JF17 IFR, I strongly disagree with your opinion. It is perfect design to meet JFT's body requirements. You will see Typhoon and Rafale's common front IFR sticking out.

1832870.jpg

109a50a8-5f0b-4d55-91ed-606d6db68cff.Large.jpg

2Cyu4dI.jpg

PAF%25E2%2580%2599s+Mirage-III+Rose-I+with+refueling+kits+IL78MP.jpg

Our pilots can easily see being refueled in air by our Aircraft Refueling IL-78s, let's see previous mirage with IFR.

Mirage-III+IL-78+Midas+R09-001+Pakistan+Air+Force+%283%29.jpg

One thing is I am concerned the pipes under the line of engine is bad idea.

J10-B's Refueling.
mE0sZ.jpg

creepy sticking out like that?? :hitwall:
Looking at IFR placement at @RaptorRX707 post, won't it hinder JF-17 pilot starboard sight?

@Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom