What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So please tell us what to expect in block 3, so we are not led on another trip to the wonderland:)

Not finalized at all to this stage. There will be an AESA(there could be one now if not for cooling hurdles). No RCS.. nothing other than perhaps an uprated engine(you paid for 100 RD-93s) ..

Not finalized at all to this stage. There will be an AESA(there could be one now if not for cooling hurdles). No RCS.. nothing other than perhaps an uprated engine(you paid for 100 RD-93s) ..
Sir, What do you mean by that ?

As in no effort may be made to reduce RCS. Its expensive.. and second.. the reduction will be useless when the added RCS by external weapons makes it irrelevant.
Hmmm so you're saying that there will be no changes in the airframe.

What do you think about an Enclosed Weapons Pod for JF-17, is it a good idea ???

Wow! That is more than I had come to expect. I had given up hopes for AESA.

Now don't get annoyed :D, but 3 more questions:

- can we expect a dedicated hard point for pods under one of the intakes.
- can we expect an IRST.
- finally can we expect HMDS

Sir, What do you mean by that ?

Means Diamond nose cone is out of question and so is twin canted vertical stabilisers as we had been made to believe:)

Wow! That is more than I had come to expect. I had given up hopes for AESA.

Now don't get annoyed :D, but 3 more questions:

- can we expect a dedicated hard point for pods under one of the intakes.
- can we expect an IRST.
- finally can we expect HMDS

No finalization on dedicated hardpoint.. HMDS in testing already and the IRST was on the wish list but there is no space so a podded one might suffice.

Again, block-II has only begun and block III is still on the requirement analysis stage.

PAF must look to evolve JF-17 similar to the Boeing's silent hornet, it will become more stealthy if properly worked out and with good ECM & ECCM it will be good against fighters like Su-30/Super-30.

seems like first blk 2 sqdrn will be at karachi, maripur or faisal, C802s says it all... :D

So as per the official words the JF-17 Block II Production will continue till 2016
If we consider it as 2016 dec or 3 years from Now

THis mean almost 16-17 aircraft per year?can we keep this pace?

The Block I production rate was 10-11 Aircraft per year

No finalization on dedicated hardpoint.. HMDS in testing already and the IRST was on the wish list but there is no space so a podded one might suffice.

Again, block-II has only begun and block III is still on the requirement analysis stage.

If these things are on along with AESA and updated engine I will feel fulfilled:)

I don't understand one thing though, JF-17 has pretty much the same dimensions as an F-16 yet every now and then we hear it is too small to fit xyz or there is no space for abc. It has become somewhat of a mystery for me.

If these things are on along with AESA and updated engine I will feel fulfilled:)

I don't understand one thing though, JF-17 has pretty much the same dimensions as an F-16 yet every now and then we hear it is too small to fit xyz or there is no space for abc. It has become somewhat of a mystery for me.

Construction techniques.. equipment on board.. and weight. the F-16 is almost a metre longer.. has a slightly longer wingspan(hence larger wing area) , has much higher thrust

Construction techniques.. equipment on board.. and weight. the F-16 is almost a metre longer.. has a slightly longer wingspan(hence larger wing area) , has much higher thrust

True, hopefully they'll get rid of the mechanical yaw and roll control in favour of full fbw to save weight and hopefully get some additional space in the process.

True, hopefully they'll get rid of the mechanical yaw and roll control in favour of full fbw to save weight and hopefully get some additional space in the process.

Well, it really depends on requirements. As such the computer regulates the leading edge slats too. The roll and yaw inputs also go into the computer that coordinates it with the servos in the tail. So its more of a hybrid than separate systems.

Not possible. Chinese said it would take 2 years for them to build full fbw for JF-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom