What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either you guys are missing the common sense part in the brain or due to being Indian can't stop being sarcastic or don't wanna understand a simple issue.

No Sarcasm was intended. We get lot more change in MIG 29. We call it a MIG 29 UPG. We got a M2K changed. We call it M2k UPG.

Any way I do not surprise that you think in that manner. I can not expect you to think positevely because of some obvious reason.

...Deleted.... was unnecessary.

For this purpose the PAF seniors also sought the technical assistance of experts of a Middle Eastern country that is not much friendly with Pakistan.= isreal

Are you sure? Not much friendly and no diplomatic relations is a big difference. I think it could be Iran who has invested in own air craft production and has been chugging along under sanctions.

But if you know for sure then I would defer to your opinion.

Last edited:
I wont say pak has bad relations e iran... so bad that the paper doesnt want to mention iran in the jft case but eaily mentions iran every where in the pipeline deal--the paper has not been direct in naming a country moreover aircraft tech is far more developed in isreal than in iran which is still flying f5 replicas

Can anybody share a Block 2 pic here if it is out to public?

So it is Upgraded Block 1.
Good.

Roamers are that block-II has this upgraded nose. In the second quarter of 2012, it was reported that JFT with stealth nose has taken its first flight in China. If this is the case, above image is that of block-II.

Block III is still on the drawing board as its production and delivery starts from 2017 onward, with this in view, its prototype will be flying in 2015.

Either you guys are missing the common sense part in the brain or due to being Indian can't stop being sarcastic or don't wanna understand a simple issue.

JF-17 basic design will remain the same, nothing dramatic will be witnessed, because if something dramatic is done with its design, it will not remain the JF-17. So whatever blocks will come, they will mostly consist of avionics related upgrades, and may be just some little bit of tweaks with the airframe design to further improve the current design of the aircraft.

I hope this is explained and understood for the last time, but again i doubt it when it comes to Indians.

But sir, isnt an radical upgrade in the same line as Gripen NG possible say in block3?

FT with stealth nose has taken its first flight in China.

Can you please elaborate this part?

Nose are always stealth because they are made of materials which allows RADAR Waves to travel through them uninterrupted. (Else Radar can not function)

Delegation from UAE Defence Forces Visits PAC Kamra

07 November, 2013 - A 10 member delegation from UAE Defence Forces, led by Brig General Saif Jaber Saif Al-Aleeli visited PAC Kamra. Soon after arrival, the delegation called on Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan, Chairman PAC Kamra. The delegation was briefed about the activities and facilities of PAC. All higher officials of PAC attended the briefing. The briefing was followed by a visit to the PAC Factories. The delegation appreciated the facilities which PAC had and expressed their views on future collaborations.

uae-4.jpg

uae-3.jpg

uae-2.jpg

PAKISTAN AERONAUTICAL COMPLEX KAMRA

This means 26 Sq. Black Spiders has 09-109 to 10-126 (18 aircraft) - Fully re-equipped in April 2011.

16 Sq. Black Panthers has 07-101 to 08-108 (all SBP), 10-128 to 11-135, 12-138, 12-142. (18 aircraft) - Yet to be re-equipped.

Flight Test Unit: 11-136, 12-137, 12-139, 12-140, 12-141, 13-143, 13-144 and 13-145 (8 aircraft) - To be transformed into 14 Sq. Tail Choppers.

The yellow JF-17 in this picture is likely SP-38 which means the 46th JF-17 has not yet left PAC Kamra. That means only 45 JF-17s (upto 13-145) have entered service or are in flight testing out of which one (10-127) was lost.

Posted on: December 4, 2013
by: Alan Warnes

14-1024x510.jpg

Both Pakistan Air Force Thunder Display Pilots, the outgoing Wg Cdr Ronald and incoming Sqn Ldr Yaser practised their display routines in their two jets on November 16. Both pilots flew during Dubai.

Pakistan’s presence

With the need to speed up its export drive, the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and China National Aero Technology – Import and Export Corporation (CATIC) brought the JF-17 Thunder to Dubai, having made its debut in 2011. They brought with them three aircraft from the PAF’s biggest JF-17 unit, 16 Squadron ‘Black Panthers’ based at Minhas. Exhibited in the static was 11-134 flanked by a number of current and future weapons, while two of the latest Block 1 jets, 12-138 and 12-142, were parked in the flying display area. A model on display at the CATIC Stand showed a two-seat JF-17 on show, which the PAF claims it does not need but its certain most customers would prefer to have as an option. CATIC are believed to behind the development of this aircraft, which the PAF CAS told me could be flying in 2015.
15-1024x493.jpg

A model of the two seat FC-1/JF-17 Thunder could be seen at the CATIC Stand. The Chinese company has designed the trainer, which could fly as early as 2015, to assist with the JF-17 export drive.

Wg Cdr Ronald, the 16 Squadron CO, made his last appearance as the Thunder Display pilot at the event on Wednesday November 20, as Sqn Ldr Yaser Mudassar, who has been flying the JF-17 for three years, is now taking over the reigns. I was fortunate to be with both men when they carried out their practice performances in the two jets on the evening of September 16 in perfect conditions.

Sqn Ldr Yaser made his international public debut at the show on September 19 after it was put back from the previous day due to a sandstorm and was expected to perform again on the last day but that was cancelled due to bad weather! It wasn’t too surprising that the PAF Chief, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, was present for the first two days, to have meetings and discussions with several companies including Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) led by Executive VP, Li Yuhai. AVIC is responsible for the supply of major systems and parts to Pakistan. The CATIC Chairman, Ma Zhiping, was also expected to be present but was called away at the last moment.

The PAF delegation included Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan, the PAC Kamra Chairman and Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Javaid Ahmed, Chief Project Director for JF-17 programme. Both men were extremely busy talking to several international companies about collaborations. PAC Kamra also brought along two Super Mushshaks with newly upgraded cockpits, one participated in the flying display and the other in static.

Dubai Showbiz | AirForces Daily

Reactions: HRK
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom