What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 6 months of 2013 Kamra has been re-tooling for Block II production and I believe the first units have rolled off the production line with ground tests completed and aerial tests to begin soon, Block II will be unveiled once all testing has been done in 2014

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/aziqbal/c72494a7df2f3570558cf288fb90cdff_zpsf1f8fd8b.jpg[/IMG]

URL]]

I do not think there is need for testing. The changes are minor on the structural side. There was a wing issue (the crash of JF17). We heard that after long testing the wing was capable to handle more stresses. I think you can find enough about that. The adding of the IFT is not a big deal. The upgrading of avionics and radar has been tested on older planes. There are pictures of those testing. As far as I know the upgrades are accepted and now serial production (after indeed upgrade of the facilities) has been started. I think you meant the qualification tests of the first block 2 production will start begin 2014. We can agree on that. ;)

Block 1 and Block 2 should be identical physically. Block 3 could be bigger with a bigger engine. Just my 2 cents. :-)

Is our blk 1 able to carry C-802 ???

Yes, and also the new Wrecker missile, which is much more potent.

Block 1 and Block 2 should be identical physically. Block 3 could be bigger with a bigger engine. Just my 2 cents. :-)
I am going to get crazy I think we should all wait for BLOCK II to come and its picture and videos get posted than we can really know what it is and what new things it has

Zarvan:
Block 2 is now ready to be produced in Pakistan. First delivery in March. So probably block2 is already being produced in China. Most insiders know what is in it. I cannot tell more. And during Dubai airshow it was officially told that design and negotiations are started for block3. So yes we will get from now on block2 and then move on to block 3 in (2015-)2016. Block 1 will be upgraded towards block 2. I do not think that there is any upgrade to block 3. That is a lot more newer design.
If they are extensively changing the airframe then don't you think that the designation should be changed cause we will not be able to upgrade the airframe of the first 2 blocks ???

Zarvan:
Block 2 is now ready to be produced in Pakistan. First delivery in March. So probably block2 is already being produced in China. Most insiders know what is in it. I cannot tell more. And during Dubai airshow it was officially told that design and negotiations are started for block3. So yes we will get from now on block2 and then move on to block 3 in (2015-)2016. Block 1 will be upgraded towards block 2. I do not think that there is any upgrade to block 3. That is a lot more newer design.
Than I hope Sir it is really good thing

If they are extensively changing the airframe then don't you think that the designation should be changed cause we will not be able to upgrade the airframe of the first 2 blocks ???

I don't think there would be an airframe change. JF-17 Block 1 compared to early prototype JF-17 is equivalent to J-10B compared to J-10A. Upgrade would concentrate on avionics like more advanced HUD and AESA. If WS-13A engine is bigger, then JF-17 block 3 would be bigger like Hornet has grown in size to fit bigger and more powerful engines.

PT06 has been used for (chinese) weapons testing. It is not a block 2. I expect that it will retire soon. Mostly planes that are used for weapon testing have regular max stress testing.

Pakistan was already working on HUDS when it got the PG. The hud software for JF17 is very much Pakistani work. But there is no need to make every hardware you need. I think the JF17 program is one of the most unique concept. Plug and play...

I don’t think they will establish a JF17 squadron around 8 fighters more like the remaining units at Kamra will join 16 and 26 squadron in due course to form two large JF-17 Squadron’s

In the last 6 months of 2013 Kamra has been re-tooling for Block II production and I believe the first units have rolled off the production line with ground tests completed and aerial tests to begin soon, Block II will be unveiled once all testing has been done in 2014

I believe, I think, fukk, fukk, fukk

We trust sources and not what some dickheads think or believe

Read the following report

JF-17 Thunder set to convert interest into mature orders - Khaleej Times

We have also seen reports that 14 Sq. Tail Choppers will be the third JF-17 squadron. And the guys here will be greatly disappointed if they start believing you, i.e, no third JF-17 Blk 1 squadron.. :mad:
URL]]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom