What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1464647_580323028683076_583961897_n.jpg

Can you please elaborate this part?

Nose are always stealth because they are made of materials which allows RADAR Waves to travel through them uninterrupted. (Else Radar can not function)

My above post was in reference to two posts by PUPU. First in 2011 he mentioned that Pakistanis will be "dropping churns" because of JFT soon, not explaining why and later in 2012 he gave one liner that "JFT with stealth nose has taken its first flight". I am sorry I don't have a pictorial evidence neither I am able to find the link to his original post, but it was told by PUPU who is a famous Chinese insider and has been giving hints about upcoming developments.

Chinese fellows might be able to dig up his original post which was on a Chinese forum.

Leave the speculations aside, it sounds logical that when Pakistan has finished production of its first batch of planned 50 JFTs, the next block should be ready or about to get ready. Such projects are well planned and they don't have empty segments in the middle, which apparently we are witnessing. Just like UCAV Burraq about which we came to know when it was inducted, I am hoping developments are well underway and we will be surprised regarding the next batch of JFT soon.

Last edited:
My above post was in reference to two posts by PUPU. First in 2011 he mentioned that Pakistanis will be "dropping churns" because of JFT soon, not explaining why and later in 2012 he gave one liner that "JFT with stealth nose has taken its first flight". I am sorry I don't have a pictorial evidence neither I am able to find the link to his original post, but it was told by PUPU who is a famous Chinese insider and has been giving hints about upcoming developments.

Chinese fellows might be able to dig up his original post which was on a Chinese forum.
Sir until and unless BLOCK II pictures are revealed every one will remain confused

This means 26 Sq. Black Spiders has 09-109 to 10-126 (18 aircraft) - Fully re-equipped in April 2011.

16 Sq. Black Panthers has 07-101 to 08-108 (all SBP), 10-128 to 11-135, 12-138, 12-142. (18 aircraft) - Yet to be re-equipped.

Flight Test Unit: 11-136, 12-137, 12-139, 12-140, 12-141, 13-143, 13-144 and 13-145 (8 aircraft) - To be transformed into 14 Sq. Tail Choppers.

The yellow JF-17 in this picture is likely SP-38 which means the 46th JF-17 has not yet left PAC Kamra. That means only 45 JF-17s (upto 13-145) have entered service or are in flight testing out of which one (10-127) was lost.

I am assuming from the serial numbers of Jf-17 the production rate of JF-17 per year as follows.

2007 = 5
2008 = 3
2009 = 4
2010 = 16
2011 = 8
2012 = 6
2013 = 4?

Please correct me if this is not accurate.

Considering that we are just 2-3 years away from 2016 (i.e. depending if you are talking of early 2016 or late 2016), that sub-systems for Block 3 are being tested should not be a surprise … … in fact should be expected. These sub-systems will then need to be tweaked or rejected/substituted altogether. At some point a complete system will be defined and tested. After that production volumes will need to be ordered and these will have leads times. All this before assembly production starts at Kamra and all this before PAF induction. When you look at it that way, 2016 is not far and there is very little time.

Block II has 10-15% improvements on Block I. Assuming the same improvement gap from Block II to Block III, on such a complex system as a fighter jet, we are talking of thousands of changes. All to be tested and validated (the product) and then the production process and equipment to be equally validated.

Consider a small change in the engine, which will need a small change on the plane. A small change to the radar. A small change to the material used, needing a small change to the manufacturing process, meaning technicians need training, meaning the plane will fly a bit different. All these to be tested and certified. … … 2016 is around the corner and it is “Go! Go! Go!”

Last edited:
See block 1 as F16A... The first one to be tested throughly.
Block 2 will get close to Block 52. Not in all aspects but surely lot cheaper and fine plane. Would you push for block 1 production or focus on block 2? I guess they focussed on block 2. Now they move towards block 3. Probably AESA etc. That will move past some capabilities of block52. Within 3 years. Not bad for someone that never produced fighterjets. And yes, foreign countries are more interested in block 2 and 3 then 1...

Block 2 will get close to Block 52. Not in all aspects but surely lot cheaper and fine plane. Would you push for block 1 production or focus on block 2? I guess they focussed on block 2. Now they move towards block 3. Probably AESA etc. That will move past some capabilities of block52. Within 3 years. Not bad for someone that never produced fighterjets. And yes, foreign countries are more interested in block 2 and 3 then 1...

I see no reason why Italian Salex company will not offer its VIXEN AESA radar for Thunder. They are already partner of PAF for Griffo series radar. Chinese are smart business people, its my personal opinion that it was not a choice to select Chinese avionics/weapons for Blk-1 but a compulsion made by China as a larger partner in this project. With block-1 complete PAF is now more independent in selecting Avionics suite other then the Chinese for JF17.

This means 26 Sq. Black Spiders has 09-109 to 10-126 (18 aircraft) - Fully re-equipped in April 2011.
16 Sq. Black Panthers has 07-101 to 08-108 (all SBP), 10-128 to 11-135, 12-138, 12-142. (18 aircraft) - Yet to be re-equipped.
Flight Test Unit: 11-136, 12-137, 12-139, 12-140, 12-141, 13-143, 13-144 and 13-145 (8 aircraft) - To be transformed into 14 Sq. Tail Choppers.
The yellow JF-17 in this picture is likely SP-38 which means the 46th JF-17 has not yet left PAC Kamra. That means only 45 JF-17s (upto 13-145) have entered service or are in flight testing out of which one (10-127) was lost.

Nice to see these pictures but it is nothing new, 9 months ago we already seen SP40 on the production line which is 13-148 so we can be sure that all SP 42 have been built at PAC Kamra plus the SBP 8 to give 50 units all built by summer of this year, the last few are still in yellow primer but 13-143 was in its grey camo (see below for pictures)

Always PAC retains JF17 in numbers for test and evaluation and for fighter conversion training also they gather a lot of flight data too so that’s why we see around 10-12 units still retained at PAC Kamra some in grey camo but the last few maybe 6-8 are still in yellow primer

I don’t think they will establish a JF17 squadron around 8 fighters more like the remaining units at Kamra will join 16 and 26 squadron in due course to form two large JF-17 Squadron’s

In the last 6 months of 2013 Kamra has been re-tooling for Block II production and I believe the first units have rolled off the production line with ground tests completed and aerial tests to begin soon, Block II will be unveiled once all testing has been done in 2014

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/aziqbal/c72494a7df2f3570558cf288fb90cdff_zpsf1f8fd8b.jpg[/IMG]

URL]]

Sir but we haven't seen Block II yet Sir and you are saying they are going for BLOCK 3

Zarvan:
Block 2 is now ready to be produced in Pakistan. First delivery in March. So probably block2 is already being produced in China. Most insiders know what is in it. I cannot tell more. And during Dubai airshow it was officially told that design and negotiations are started for block3. So yes we will get from now on block2 and then move on to block 3 in (2015-)2016. Block 1 will be upgraded towards block 2. I do not think that there is any upgrade to block 3. That is a lot more newer design.

Sir but we haven't seen Block II yet Sir and you are saying they are going for BLOCK 3
Indeed we have seen block 2 ...... pt-06 is block 2.

Block 2 will be a complete multirole aircraft which will be able to carry antiship/ air to surface cruise missiles .... same but upgraded KLJ-7, use of more composites and IFR !!!!

@Munir am i right ???

JF-17 Block 2 should be having the new wide angle holographic HUD which equips J-10B, J-11 / 15 / 16, J-20. It is much more advanced than the HUD in Su-30MKI.

J-10B_cockpit.jpg

WS-13A, rated at 22,000 lb, will equip either Block 2 or Block 3. If it is bigger than RD-93, then Block 3 will grow in size, as F/A-18E grew in size compared to F/A-18A/C.

Last edited:
Indeed we have seen block 2 ...... pt-06 is block 2.

Block 2 will be a complete multirole aircraft which will be able to carry antiship/ air to surface cruise missiles .... same but upgraded KLJ-7, use of more composites and IFR !!!!

@Munir am i right ???
Please post the picture of that BLOCK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom