What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A PAF JF-17 with what looks like c802 missiles.

jf-17-5.png

It's from an official site, check the shadow on the ground. ??

training rounds of MAR-1. Check Def expo 2012 JF-17 pics. MAR-1 lying around JF-17, round head, dark blue camo, we all thought it was a live round until we came to know JF-17 isn't mated with live round yet and live rounds aren't delieverd to Pakistan yet

training rounds of MAR-1. Check Def expo 2012 JF-17 pics. MAR-1 lying around JF-17, round head, dark blue camo, we all thought it was a live round until we came to know JF-17 isn't mated with live round yet and live rounds aren't delieverd to Pakistan yet

3c3d455cbb064b31b6003f7294996e04.jpg

You talking about this shot, it may be a training round but it's not a PS image @ post 137.

As far as I know the stealthy shape frontal body was introduced as V-shape.They found out that DSI could make a weight reduction but also lower speed improvements. Hence the max M1.6 to M1.8... But who needs speed if you are just very small country. And in reality max speed costs max fuel unless you have 5th gen engine technology. Now they have tested and perfected the DSI and so it is indeed for block 3 with AESA and more stealthy frontal aspects... This is not something I just invent here while typing.

Anyone noticed bigger fueltanks?

As far as I know the stealthy shape frontal body was introduced as V-shape.They found out that DSI could make a weight reduction but also lower speed improvements. Hence the max M1.6 to M1.8... But who needs speed if you are just very small country. And in reality max speed costs max fuel unless you have 5th gen engine technology. Now they have tested and perfected the DSI and so it is indeed for block 3 with AESA and more stealthy frontal aspects... This is not something I just invent here while typing.

Fuel tanks look usual to me but DSI does appear little improvised

now anyone know whether the design is for JFT 2 or JFT 3,

such an redesigned nose will also mean bigger space for an even bigger aesa alongside the cooling mechanism systems for the aesa as well

i just hope the design is for jft 2 could be one of the reason of this massive delay

Speed and energy dictates air combat.

Hi,

It is not in black and white anymore. There are too many other variables as well---.

Yes I know that but still IMHO Speed is life in air combat....more like acceleration right now and more speed you have more you can bleed in a knife-fight.

The speed and energy required for an aerial combat is sufficient as of now for JF-17.

But still a little bit more powerful engine would do wonders.

That post was for Munir who told Pakistan was a small country so speed in not a mandate.

Yes I know that but still IMHO Speed is life in air combat....more like acceleration right now and more speed you have more you can bleed in a knife-fight.

That post was for Munir who told Pakistan was a small country so speed in not a mandate.

Pakistan is a small country with a defensive doctrine.
What munir said is correct.

We are not going to write a physics tutorial for you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom