What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And before again saying to me "stay out of it" you were the first one to start the personal attacks with that bold part in ur post... however i guess i wont really mind cuz what matters is maturity NOT AGE....

Unlike some one who goes around trashes one of the best threads we had at def.pk and then points fingers at Sir Shamim, one of the most respected members in Pakistani forums....

There is a reason why the likes of senior members and even mods call him "sir" when addressing him

So enough of this...

lets get back on topic.....

We last heard about the maneuverability of the JF-17 with some test pilots pointing out that its the same(as a blk-15) if not better in the horizontal axis however the maneuverability in the vertical axis was criticized... some of you may remember an interview where a Chinese pilot who flies a su-27 said that it could " hold its own" in the horizontal axis against a su-27 too.....
and again the vertical axis was criticized and the reason was attributed to the lower T/W ratio...however in recent revelations we found out that JF-17 might have t/w over 1 (98 KN Kilmov claim and one of the late PAF pilots quoting its T/W over 1.01) so...

Opinions...anyone??

P.S have we pitted F-16 Block 50/52 against these JFT's like we did the BLK-15 (and JFT came out on top).......If so... then can any insider shed light on this too??

CATIC targets 300 JF-17 sales in five years

China hopes to sell up to 300 Chengdu/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder fighters in Africa and the Middle East over the next five years.

This target was revealed by a spokesman from China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC), the country's military aircraft export agency, in an email to Flightglobal.

So far, only Pakistan has ordered the JF-17, with firm orders for 150 examples - Pakistan has said it could buy up to 200. Islamabad is about to equip its third squadron with the type.

"In the next five years, CATIC intends to sell up to 300 JF-17s to several countries in Africa and the Middle East," says the spokesman.

"CATIC sales and customer support teams are highly motivated and CATIC is looking forward to making the upcoming years fantastic for the JF-17 and its users."

An industry source in Pakistan who is familiar with the JF-17 programme says joint Chinese/Pakistan sales efforts have made "considerable progress" following the type's appearance at the Dubai air show in November 2011.

CATIC and PAC mounted a major sales effort at Dubai, bringing three Pakistan air force JF-17s to the show. One example was on display in the static area, while another performed in the flying display - the third was a back-up aircraft. At the show, representatives stressed what they view as the JF-17's "capability at affordable cost".

The industry source stresses that marketing efforts for the type are shared equally between China and Pakistan, and notes that the aircraft is built in both countries. While he declined to provide a target number of orders, he did say that discussions are underway with "eight or nine countries".

"They have indicated rough numbers," he says. "Some want more, some want less."

Countries regarded as possible buyers include the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Venezuela and Turkey. Serbia is also reportedly considering the type for its fighter requirement.

Though the type's engine, the Klimov RD-93, is produced in Russia, the Pakistani official does not see this being an obstacle to sales because most prospective JF-17 customers have good relations with Russia.

"Doubt has never been cast on the aircraft's engine," he says.

CATIC targets 300 JF-17 sales in five years

May I ask who Mr P Shamim is and why is he so respected? I am a noob hence this is a genuine question, I have read his posts and he seems to have cutting edge news, so can I guess he is someone high up in Pak forces maybe even PAF?

I hope nobody minds me asking this question and I apologise just in case someone is offended.

May I ask who Mr P Shamim is and why is he so respected? I am a noob hence this is a genuine question, I have read his posts and he seems to have cutting edge news, so can I guess he is someone high up in Pak forces maybe even PAF?

I hope nobody minds me asking this question and I apologise just in case someone is offended.

I don't think it fair to ask his identity on this forum. What all we agree upon is that gentleman comes with solid thoughts and arguments with some real inside hot news. I believe it should be sufficient credential. :cheers:

he is simply one of the reasons why i am here in defence.pk he and a few other. Besides he was an accomplished pilot and a true hero of this nation who has seen some action

Farooqi1 you are not adding any new info to the thread.. you are critisizing the fighter or the members without going through the jft info pool--- i know you havent gone through it as ive personally posted most of the answers to yr questions in it-- jft has limitations yes .. all of us know about them ... as the info available on jft is less , we critsize jft even more than it deserves

ask sir pshamim questions like why a lerx and cropped delta design of f16/f18 was opted on the design table..rather than canard desin like gripen ? based on doctrine , tactis or just because of money ?

catic did make a canard desin back then.. timestamp 2.00 of my above video
U28P27T1D258015F3DT20050112095148.jpg

btw jf17 info pool thread was made to save us from answering the same question every other day... senior members have directed you to that thread... and most are ignoring you after that and i dont blame them as you havent gone through that thread, evident from your recent posts--- and we will start considering your illinformed posts as spam

Last edited by a moderator:
Farooqi1 you are not adding any new info to the thread.. you are critisizing the fighter or the members without going through the jft info pool--- i know you havent gone through it as ive personally posted most of the answers to yr questions in it-- jft has limitations yes .. all of us know about them ... as the info available on jft is less , we critsize jft even more than it deserves

ask sir pshamim questions like why a lerx and cropped delta design of f16/f18 was opted on the design table..rather than canard desin like gripen ? based on doctrine , tactis or just because of money ?

catic did make a canard desin back then.. timestamp 2.00 of my above video

btw jf17 info pool thread was made to save us from answering the same question every other day... senior members have directed you to that thread... and most are ignoring you after that and i dont blame them as you havent gone through that thread, evident from your recent posts--- and we will start considering your illinformed posts as spam

Would you care to point out what questions have I asked lately? For last 2 weeks I haven't posted anything about JFT or made any comments about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you care to point out what questions have I asked lately? For last 2 weeks I haven't posted anything about JFT or made any comments about it.

Farooqi 1 i normally don't post much comments and that is why in last three years you hardly find any comments because i only comments when i feel its necessary. but i do visit this forum every day. 2nd thing is that you shouldn't criticize any thing you don't know any thing much about it and we welcome you if you asked questions (we will reply you with great respect). This is wise words from an older brother to a younger brother. cheers :tup:

Ex general Dynamics(those who made the F-16) employee.. and all around great guy.

Farooqi 1 i normally don't post much comments and that is why in last three years you hardly find any comments because i only comments when i feel its necessary. but i do visit this forum every day. 2nd thing is that you shouldn't criticize any thing you don't know any thing much about it and we welcome you if you asked questions (we will reply you with great respect). This is wise words from an older brother to a younger brother. cheers :tup:

Ghazily Bhai:

Thank you very much for being an older brother but I believe I am older then you are. Well any way I just want to know for last 2 weeks what comments have I made about JFT that pissed every one off? Be kind enough and point it out. By the way your point is well taken about not criticizing something which you don't know much about.

Ex general Dynamics(those who made the F-16) employee.. and all around great guy.

No doubt about that.

I don't think it fair to ask his identity on this forum. What all we agree upon is that gentleman comes with solid thoughts and arguments with some real inside hot news. I believe it should be sufficient credential. :cheers:

He is ex PAF officer and has been arepresentative of Lockheed martin . He is ahighly respected member of the defence fora and the info he provides is a valued bit of info. He is friend of our muradk.
Araz

Ghazily Bhai:

Thank you very much for being an older brother but I believe I am older then you are.

I think so you just answered yourself, Respect is a two way street, you can't take it on gun point or by insulting someone. Knowledge and IQ is not based on someone's age and besides winning the "i am elder than you" game on internet is simply lame. Maybe it's not your questions but the way you interact with other forum members which created a cumulative effect?

Oh keeping with the trend, i am 36 years old father of two just making a judgement because you asked for it, flame on :)

Can we add CFTs in thunders?
Is there any plan regarding CFTs in block II?

May be the answer is what benefit and disadvantages would be there in having two high end (J-15 & J-10) on the same carrier.

Both are high end, both are expensive to be bought, both will be expensive to keep operational.

Thus, keep one high end twin engine and another low end, less expensive, less costly to operate fighter in the form of FC-1.

Only because J10 is high end for PAF, doesn't make it high end for PLAAF or PLAN. The same high / low mix of a heavy twin engine and medium single engine fighter is used in several forces all over the world. Also having the same engine for J10 and J15, makes it even easier and more cost-effevective to operate them, compared to a J15 / JF17 combo and not to mention that the cost for J10 and Chinese forces aren't that high either, so cost is not a real argument here.

My point was more in regard to the design and structural differences between JF 17 and J10 and if there would be any advantage that would make JF 17 more favourable to be a carrier fighter?

I think so you just answered yourself, Respect is a two way street, you can't take it on gun point or by insulting someone. Knowledge and IQ is not based on someone's age and besides winning the "i am elder than you" game on internet is simply lame. Maybe it's not your questions but the way you interact with other forum members which created a cumulative effect?

Oh keeping with the trend, i am 36 years old father of two just making a judgement because you asked for it, flame on :)

Can any body be kind enough (and please consider I am an Idiot) to point any thing insulting towards anybody from my side. AlsoIs JFT block II coming out this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom