What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep this thread on JFT plz. Discuss BARS else where

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), which displayed its products in Dubai Airshow-2011 in UAE, told APA, Azerbaijan shows interest in JF-17 Thunder combat aircrafts jointly produced by Pakistan and China and announced its intention to purchase aircrafts of this type.

The JF-17 Thunder performed flight displays over the Dubai airport during the air show. Members of the Azerbaijani delegation also watched the flights.

Referring to negotiations held with Azerbaijan, company officials said that the discussions have not entered the phase of signing a contract yet. The company is currently executing the orders of the Pakistani Air Forces; the export to Azerbaijan could be realised in the upcoming years. According to the company, the negotiating parties are determining the annual amount of the possible order.

Offering a high manoeuvrability, JF-17 Thunder aircraft have the same or even superior capabilities to the MiG-29 aircraft of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces. By introducing this asset into its inventory the Azerbaijani Armed Forces could increase their combat effectiveness.

PAC company officials said that Pakistan and Azerbaijan have high-level relations. Islamabad supports Baku’s positions and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and provided military assistance to the country since the very beginning. Taking these relations into consideration, there will be no problems in the sale of fighter aircraft to Azerbaijan.

According to company’s representatives, within the Pakistan-China cooperation, the production of a Block-2 version of the JF-17 Thunder will soon be launched. This model will be equipped with the newest electronic warfare systems, as well as additional weapon systems. In addition, a two-seat configuration of the aircraft is being developed.

The length of the JF-17 is 14,97 m. The aircraft has a maximum takeoff weight of 12474 kg, a combat radius of 1352 km and reaches a maximum speed of 1909 km/h.

A 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel cannon, four air-to-air missiles, one air-to-surface missile, as well as Mk-82, Mk-84 general purpose bombs, GBU-10, GBU-12, LT-2 laser-guided bombs, Matra Durandal anti-runway bombs, CBU-100/Mk-20 Rockeye anti-armour cluster bombs, are among the possible armament of the JF-17.

The length of the JF-17 is 14,97 m. The aircraft has a maximum takeoff weight of 12474 kg, a combat radius of 1352 km and reaches a maximum speed of 1909 km/h.

1909 km/h makes Mach 1.8?
Global Aircraft Speed Converter

But at many information boards, maximum speed of JFT is written as Mach 1.6 now which one to trust?

7b4d836510.jpg

will pakistan be operating PT-6 ? and could PT-6 be block 2 version?
i m confused about speed coz i heard in dubai air show that jf-17 maximum speed is 1.6 please let me know is that true?

[--Leo--];2331059 said:
i m confused about speed coz i heard in dubai air show that jf-17 maximum speed is 1.6 please let me know is that true?

Pt-6 is not block 2. Pt-6 is the prototype that remains in China.
Top speed is stated at nominal altitude.

[--Leo--];2331059 said:
PT-6 is AFIK tested for PLAF but yes there may be a chance of what you said if the sensors match the predictions by senior members.

Well Wow.. ....so happy to see my article being copied here on page 22 which was being published in Aerospace international Magzine here and even these Aviation enthusiast liked it.....well for the KLJ -7 part........PAF had many options when the were designing the avionics of this aircraft..so when i started to wrote this article what i came to know was that they were acquiring Griffos....but yes when it was published i came to know tht PAF has acquired Klj-7...well for readers kind info its not mandatory and compulsory for PAF tht they have stick to specific Avionics suite....they are trying to configure different new and modern avionics systems in making different badges of JF-17s....like the the first badje of JF-17s will be having a specific avionics systems and the next will be a new set of LRUs....so anyways......i am rather pleased tht people liked it here and posted their comments on it.... and one more thing the post reagrding the squadron ...yes everything is tanatively planned and i have seen tht PAF was delayed wht they had planned......but anyways......i am happy tht this forum liked it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom