What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 can carry two of them :devil:
Mach 5.5 :smokin:!! Enemies will never know what hit them.

why another question instead of a straight forward answer ? is it because the spec you talking about is all media/fanboy speculations ?

Go to Zuhahi Airshow 2012 thread, there you will find the report of this missile maker organization who put the speed of missile at 5.5 mach. Media and Fan boy quotes what the maker of missiles says.

I didn't hear he saying match 5, can any Chinese say at what point he says this ? (I would welcome a word to word transition if possible )

all I know is its is possibly a variant of subsonic missile and you all are claiming it to be not only supersonic but match 5.5 which is the territory of hypersonic speed.

Made my day.. not a carrier killer but still a very potent weapon :D

I didn't hear he saying match 5, can any Chinese say at what point he says this ?

all I know is its is possibly a variant of subsonic missile and you all are claiming it to be not only supersonic but match 5.5 which is the territory of hypersonic speed.

You ignored windjammers' post..
Its a banner fro zuhai airshow,andrge speed us written in chinese and ut does say 5.5 mach..

The good thing is only oneBrahmos can be carried by an MKI, but two of these can be carried by JF-17

I didn't hear he saying match 5, can any Chinese say at what point he says this ?

The image of the Chinese brochure i posted translates the speed into Mach-5+.

For those talking of the war head being too small to destroy an aircraft carrier.....can you even comprehend the kinetic energy released by something striking it's target at that kind of speed. !!!

131451bqxmwqg4emmw8dv4.jpg.thumb.jpg

Range 100KM-240KM maximum speed of Mach 5.5 diameter 400mm length 5200mm

can somebody point which is the word here for mach 5.5 in Chinese then ?

Only Chinese member can answer that.
Maybe hypersonic in terminal phase but Mach 4 is also reported in Janes which is enough. :)
Missile poster also says its supersonic.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eYV4yn5u6AI/UKVBIaEuMXI/AAAAAAAACc0/ZqzWQzRnBZs/s1600/CM-400AKG+ASM+Poster.jpg

If construction Quality , then its a major flow , no matter how minor can help in sending back radar signals, and if its due to stress then the metal used for the purpose is not meant to be that much stress.

I think we have an aircraft engineer on hand who happens to have curry stall in new Delhi. Get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom