What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When JF-17 PT-1 was a simple fighter, we added DSI. It could be intended for better airflow for the engine and maybe you're right.

jf-17_thunder_navigation_lights_02.jpg

At the same time however DSI does lower RCS. because it is a composite material and it is such a design with a bump technology that it will not let radar waves pass through. Really if you look at some of the videos, the bump size decreases when it is less exposed and increases as it most exposed to air.

30536_1307690576.jpg

jf-17_thunder_navigation_lights_01.jpg

Last but not least, the radome material also makes a difference to reduce RCS. In the case of JF-17, it is not painted and it has a special neoprene coating that naturally reduces radar and absorbs its echo.

jf-17_thunder_radome_1.jpg

After DSI was first introduced on JF-17, it seems to be a highly successful feature that the Chinese added DSI into J-10B, J-20 and recently JL-9 trainer...

After DSI was first introduced on JF-17, it seems to be a highly successful feature that the Chinese added DSI into J-10B, J-20 and recently JL-9 trainer...

I take it as a coincidence that both China and Pakistan were looking at it with equal interest since the first developed DSI technology by LM. Chinese have been researching since early 90s, similarly, the F-16 with DSI grabbed PAF's attention because of dual advantages it provides which outweigh its drawbacks, not to mention the ease of use and imply due to simplicity over variable intake designs such as SU-27, F-15s etc.

What appears, is that currently, Chinese DSI is a much refined design which is visible due to its use on so many fighters. Jf-17 pioneered the DSI tech with success. In all Chinese fighters, the DSI is made of composite material instead of metallic.

I take it as a coincidence that both China and Pakistan were looking at it with equal interest since the first developed DSI technology by LM. Chinese have been researching since early 90s, similarly, the F-16 with DSI grabbed PAF's attention because of dual advantages it provides which outweigh its drawbacks, not to mention the ease of use and imply due to simplicity over variable intake designs such as SU-27, F-15s etc.

What appears, is that currently, Chinese DSI is a much refined design which is visible due to its use on so many fighters. Jf-17 pioneered the DSI tech with success. In all Chinese fighters, the DSI is made of composite material instead of metallic.

Do you have any idea on how significant, if any, was Pakistan's contributions in designing a DSI for the JF-17 ?

Bari:

I was not sarcastic at all. It is just the way I grew up respecting the other person. It doesn't matter that how old are you and in my opinion you should not have disclosed your age. Now nobody would take you seriously in this very serious forum where we are discussing the defense of our homeland. This forum to me is not just a place where we are just throwing what ever comes in our mind. For some people it is the matter of life and death. You know it took me 2 years to join? We have as our posters likes of Pshamim, Mastan Khan and Muradk who are taking time out from their very busy life (I presume). Respect and be respected. Plus how do you know that I am a big "dude"?
Well add, Irfan Baloch, Nabil-05 and ANTIBODY.. I'm FAN OF these THREE posters. :)

Do you have any idea on how significant, if any, was Pakistan's contributions in designing a DSI for the JF-17 ?

Credit goes to China since they conducted all the relevant R&D and resources on the technology, however, PAF came up with design and integration parameters and possibilities on jf-17 airframe which was then simulated on simulations and windtunnel models.

Credit goes to China since they conducted all the relevant R&D and resources on the technology, however, PAF came up with design and integration parameters and possibilities on jf-17 airframe which was then simulated on simulations and windtunnel models.

Mate, if you had to put a number on it (be it a guess at best !) : What percentage of the design and development of the JF-17 was as a result of Pakistan's contributions ? Which is to say that of the total project that constituted the designing and development of the JF-17 how much of it (%) was because of the direct inputs of Pakistani Engineers, technicians, test-pilots etc. ?

Nabil bro, nice to see you. I've seen your posts they are all very informative.
Now, to the topic. Bro, there was some news about hacking of
F-35s website. For what extent did it help designing DSI of thunder..?

I heard somewhere that it was PAF that wanted the DSI on the JF in the first place.

-Provide a generation leap over the old fleet of F-7P/PG/Mirages

-Provide a cost effective replacement of older airframes with newer airframes

-BVR capability and state of the art EW suite in a manageable price range

-Something to build on...Doing upgrades isn't the only u can make a jet more potent, imagine the likes of a 5th gen WVRAAM (like A-darter) on JF-17...

-Provide the basis of aircraft manufacturing industry in Pakistan which will in turn create more job opportunities.

-Provide a basic fighter that can cope with most threats out there on its turf...

...Feel free to add more..

P.S Dont call me "sahib" cuz it really feels uneasy for some big dude to call a mere 18 year old using sahib..even if it is just sarcastic or for whatever else reason u have
:P

Sorry had to repost again to get my point across
Bari:

I was not sarcastic at all. It is just the way I grew up respecting the other person. It doesn't matter that how old are you and in my opinion you should not have disclosed your age. Now nobody would take you seriously in this very serious forum where we are discussing the defense of our homeland. This forum to me is not just a place where we are just throwing what ever comes in our mind. For some people it is the matter of life and death. You know it took me 2 years to join? We have as our posters likes of Pshamim, Mastan Khan and Muradk, Nabil, Irfan Baloch etc who are taking time out from their very busy life (I presume). Respect and be respected. Plus how do you know that I am a big "dude"?

Also I am proposing to the admins that this forum should be divided between youth wing and seniors. Just an idea.

Now coming back to the topic.

Provide a generation leap over the old fleet of F-7P/PG/Mirages.

Agreed and understood but what was the purpose of these old planes? In the war time counter enemy threat. At that time they were fiting perfectly in our strategy but times have changed. I am getting this idea that we are just replacing old furniture with new ones. This should not be the case.

Provide a cost effective replacement of older airframes with newer airframes.

Again it goes back the same point above.

BVR capability and state of the art EW suite in a manageable price range.

This does make alot of sense if it is true

-Something to build on...Doing upgrades isn't the only u can make a jet more potent, imagine the likes of a 5th gen WVRAAM (like A-darter) on JF-17...

Now can we make it to the level of Grippen? If we can and that is the plan and then indeed I 100% agree.

-Provide the basis of aircraft manufacturing industry in Pakistan which will in turn create more job opportunities.

Graet idea

-Provide a basic fighter that can cope with most threats out there on its turf...

Do not agree at all. We do not need just a basic fighter. We need more advanced and compatible
machine. A basic fighter would not be able to cope with most threats. This is where I have difference of opinion with most other posters.

Mate, if you had to put a number on it (be it a guess at best !) : What percentage of the design and development of the JF-17 was as a result of Pakistan's contributions ? Which is to say that of the total project that constituted the designing and development of the JF-17 how much of it (%) was because of the direct inputs of Pakistani Engineers, technicians, test-pilots etc. ?
Pakistan's contribution in JF-17 project - YouTube

Can someone please answer this little query. I've often heard how JF-17 is capable of performing well under ECM environments, has state of art ew suites etc etc. without anything solid to back it up. I have been unable to find anything which suggests to the above mentioned in whatever little research I have done. Can someone please tell me what are these ECM capabilities of the JF or the posts or threads that show it.

Can someone please answer this little query. I've often heard how JF-17 is capable of performing well under ECM environments, has state of art ew suites etc etc. without anything solid to back it up. I have been unable to find anything which suggests to the above mentioned in whatever little research I have done. Can someone please tell me what are these ECM capabilities of the JF or the posts or threads that show it.

Do you think the ECM capabilities of JF-17 will be known publicly ?? Don't think so.

All we know is JF-17 has flares and chaffs, plus SE-2 airborne missile approach system and an internal active electronic warfare system for radar controlled missiles.

You will never know what the internal jammer system is and how it works and how much effective it is.

But from sources with limited inside knowledge, the ECM suite of JF-17 is good and has good survivable chances against modern systems.

You don't wanna believe that, no issue, but sorry we have no official links to proof our claims. may be i real war scenario we will know what it had.

I heard somewhere that it was PAF that wanted the DSI on the JF in the first place.
True. Somehow, JF-17 and PAF is the father of DSI technology in Chinese jets ;)
Well add, Irfan Baloch, Nabil-05 and ANTIBODY.. I'm FAN OF these THREE posters. :)
There many more senior members you are forgetting, as you are new and have not seen their posts. :)
If I am not wrong, DSI was made by PAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom