What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Sancho:

We are happy, you're not so where you going with this thread?

Any Guesses what the next squadron is called and how it will look like: :D

jf17draft1.jpg

Beautiful CGI, But Artist made a mistake making No. 26 Sqn Nose Dark Grey.
Only 16 Sqn Thunder have Dark Grey nose.

Beautiful CGI, But Artist made a mistake making No. 26 Sqn Nose Dark Grey.
Only 16 Sqn Thunder have Dark Grey nose.

Tried to search for any flaws but this is drawn so accurately, a brilliant work by the artist. However, the artist must present his opinions on the design for other squadrons, which maybe adopted, you never know. I requested a Retired Squadron Leader, the same one who made the design pattern for JF-17 unit 111 and 101, Adnan Siraj, to produce similar work for J-10s. Let's hope it comes with some better design!

@ Sancho:

We are happy, you're not so where you going with this thread?

The same way that I go in the Indian section with the LCA thread. People simply overestimate both fighters only because they are indigenous projects, but when we put national pride aside, we can have a more realistic, rational view of the fighters and that sometimes includes pointing out some things that are not so good (that's why I'm known now as a LCA hater :rolleyes:). Distinguishing facts from myth is important to understand what the fighters really can do and what the airforces might want to do with them. That's why I ask and talk about JF 17 in this thread to get a better idea about it, just like I use the LCA thread as well.

Tried to search for any flaws but this is drawn so accurately, a brilliant work by the artist. However, the artist must present his opinions on the design for other squadrons, which maybe adopted, you never know. I requested a Retired Squadron Leader, the same one who made the design pattern for JF-17 unit 111 and 101, Adnan Siraj, to produce similar work for J-10s. Let's hope it comes with some better design!
self-deleted. Wrongly posted.

The same way that I go in the Indian section with the LCA thread. People simply overestimate both fighters only because they are indigenous projects, but when we put national pride aside, we can have a more realistic, rational view of the fighters and that sometimes includes pointing out some things that are not so good (that's why I'm known now as a LCA hater :rolleyes:). Distinguishing facts from myth is important to understand what the fighters really can do and what the airforces might want to do with them. That's why I ask and talk about JF 17 in this thread to get a better idea about it, just like I use the LCA thread as well.

Forget the noobs, their national pride always kick in at some point of discussion

I refer you 'Jf-17 information pool' thread by Nabil-05 and ANTIBODY .. :)
@LAST HOPE, SORRY BUDDY WEBSIDE IS NOT WORKING ACCURATLY :( i wanted to reply someone else.

I refer you 'Jf-17 information pool' thread by Nabil-05 and ANTIBODY .
Thunder is perfect yar, according to its role and purpose of induction by PAF.

huh...dont listen to my videos those were from years ago..basically I was and I still am a fanboy and I have no authority...
So quit believing me already!! LOL!
anyways there were rumors of stealthy version of JF-17...
and anyone on the forum can confirm the Rumor part....
In the end what matters is PAF's requirements ... what they want .....

Bari Sahib:

Sorry for reapeating the same questions again and again. What ultimately JF-17 would be able to do?

Bari Sahib:

Sorry for reapeating the same questions again and again. What ultimately JF-17 would be able to do?

-Provide a generation leap over the old fleet of F-7P/PG/Mirages

-Provide a cost effective replacement of older airframes with newer airframes

-BVR capability and state of the art EW suite in a manageable price range

-Something to build on...Doing upgrades isn't the only u can make a jet more potent, imagine the likes of a 5th gen WVRAAM (like A-darter) on JF-17...

-Provide the basis of aircraft manufacturing industry in Pakistan which will in turn create more job opportunities.

-Provide a basic fighter that can cope with most threats out there on its turf...

...Feel free to add more..

P.S Dont call me "sahib" cuz it really feels uneasy for some big dude to call a mere 18 year old using sahib..even if it is just sarcastic or for whatever else reason u have
:P

Bari Sahib:

What will JF-17 be able to do?

Well, JF-17 can:

• Shoot down in visual range fighters.
  • Shoot down beyond visual range fighters.
  • Bomb in visual range targets.
  • Bomb beyond visual range targets.
  • Hit a tank beyond visual range.
  • Launch multiple (3 as per PAF Engineer at Dubai Aeroshow) cruise missiles.
  • Destroy beyond visual range frigates.
  • Possibly destroy submarines.
  • Be used as surveillance aircraft.
  • Be used as jammer for other aircrafts.

From what we heard so far, the block 2 upgrade will be a minor one which will add certain modifications to some systems and not a whole new development with credible changes of the fighter, more might come only in Block 3. That is even a very reasonable upgrade policy, which as you pointed out will spread the costs over a period of years.

You are talking about very different things here! DSI was developed to improve the airflow to the engines in the first place, not to reduce the RCS. It has some RCS advantages compared to normal inlets, that needs to be extensively RAM coated otherwise, but it has to the radar blockers in Gripen. They are used because it doesn't have ducted air intakes to hide the engine face from radar waves, this is not needed in JF 17 because of the use of Y-ducts. So these ducts are the comparable feature to the radar blockers of the Gripen, not DSI!
All this talk of DSI in relation to a low RCS debatable anyway, if at all it has some advantages for the frontal RCS in head on engagements. From any other angle DSI doesn't offer any advantage and the lack of RAM coatings, non radar reflecting materials, or some design issues will have a way higher influence, that's why Gripen will have a lower RCS than JF 17, because it's overall RCS was meant to be low.

When JF-17 PT-1 was a simple fighter, we added DSI. It could be intended for better airflow for the engine and maybe you're right.

jf-17_thunder_navigation_lights_02.jpg

At the same time however DSI does lower RCS. because it is a composite material and it is such a design with a bump technology that it will not let radar waves pass through. Really if you look at some of the videos, the bump size decreases when it is less exposed and increases as it most exposed to air.

30536_1307690576.jpg

jf-17_thunder_navigation_lights_01.jpg

Last but not least, the radome material also makes a difference to reduce RCS. In the case of JF-17, it is not painted and it has a special neoprene coating that naturally reduces radar and absorbs its echo.

jf-17_thunder_radome_1.jpg

-Provide a generation leap over the old fleet of F-7P/PG/Mirages

-Provide a cost effective replacement of older airframes with newer airframes

-BVR capability and state of the art EW suite in a manageable price range

-Something to build on...Doing upgrades isn't the only u can make a jet more potent, imagine the likes of a 5th gen WVRAAM (like A-darter) on JF-17...

-Provide the basis of aircraft manufacturing industry in Pakistan which will in turn create more job opportunities.

-Provide a basic fighter that can cope with most threats out there on its turf...

...Feel free to add more..

P.S Dont call me "sahib" cuz it really feels uneasy for some big dude to call a mere 18 year old using sahib..even if it is just sarcastic or for whatever else reason u have
:P

Bari:

I was not sarcastic at all. It is just the way I grew up respecting the other person. It doesn't matter that how old are you and in my opinion you should not have disclosed your age. Now nobody would take you seriously in this very serious forum where we are discussing the defense of our homeland. This forum to me is not just a place where we are just throwing what ever comes in our mind. For some people it is the matter of life and death. You know it took me 2 years to join? We have as our posters likes of Pshamim, Mastan Khan and Muradk who are taking time out from their very busy life (I presume). Respect and be respected. Plus how do you know that I am a big "dude"?

Also I am proposing to the admins that this forum should be divided between youth wing and seniors. Just an idea.

Now coming back to the topic.

Provide a generation leap over the old fleet of F-7P/PG/Mirages.

Agreed and understood but what was the purpose of these old planes? In the war time counter enemy threat. At that time they were fiting perfectly in our strategy but times have changed. I am getting this idea that we are just replacing old furniture with new ones. This should not be the case.

Provide a cost effective replacement of older airframes with newer airframes.

Again it goes back the same point above.

BVR capability and state of the art EW suite in a manageable price range.

This does make alot of sense if it is true

Now can we make it to the level of Grippen? If we can and that is the plan and then indeed I 100% agree.

Graet idea

Do not agree at all. We do not need just a basic fighter. We need more advanced and compatible
machine. A basic fighter would not be able to cope with most threats. This is where I have difference of opinion with most other posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom