What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
man! reading khan sahibs comments make me feel pakistan is like the worst place to live in rite now.... poeple in india also burn down public property, here also lots of billions of our money is hidden in various swiss banks, hartals and protests are part of life here also, farmers commit suicide and inflation is rocketing, naxals, kashmir, maoists, etc are nuisance. people of maharastra hate bihari poeple, southern discriminate against northern, poverty population and unemployment are big issues here...... ( pak is looking preety good now Mr. KHAN) what i mtrying to say is that despite all this india is doing gr8 and iaf is in pretty good shape. MR khan all ur fancy comments dont really mean anything. the things u are suggesting are not gonna happen soon may be never these things are ideal but unreal and highly unpractical. people from different races have a different way of life and that makes them who they are. If pakistans economy is suffering its not b'cuz of ny1 else but USA. if people are killing each other its also cuz of USA. the biggest mistake thar pakistan has make since coming in to existence is seeking friendship from west instead of being neutral. all said and done IF india is to attack pakistan 2day they will suffer heavy damage. both india and pakistan know they dont have the power to crush each other to the extent that other country will not rise again precisely the reason y there hasnt been a full scale war. with all the due due respect Mr khan but ur opinion is not only overly fancy but annoying too. i suggest you to plz read what you have posted above and try to figure out what am i trying to say thanx. ( sorry for the sspelling mistakes)

Due to Pakistan's position on the world map, it cannot remain neutral.....

i dont think anyone has posted it

Take off testing.

Trainer plane
03:51 - 04:15 = 24 second

JFT-17
04:22 - 04:43 = 21 second

J-20 (with twins engines)
05:07 - 05:22 = 15 second

Really slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those were some pretty intense post-landing checks for the J-20.

Take off testing.

Trainer plane
03:51 - 04:15 = 24 second

JFT-17
04:22 - 04:43 = 21 second

J-20 (with twins engines)
05:07 - 05:22 = 15 second

Really slow.

Yeah sorry. Forgot that the J-20 is twin engine!

so which engine is gonna use in block 2.. russian or chinese?

Safriz

No western weapons. I agree with you on that. But what I have read so far about JFT almost every read ends on cost effectiveness. Let their be no doubt that JFT is a great project but my point is we are expecting too much out of it. Either we have plans to make it as effective as those elephants (as per Hani above) which I have serious doubts or we have just given up against our enemies and decided to settle for less. Otherwise we are in a horrible situation as far as defending our nation and there is nothing wrong admitting it and finding a solution for the dire situation we are in.

I am not sure what you mean by elephants? Larger planes? Well India has to cover an area from Nepal to Andaman Nicobar Islands...Pakistan is Gilgit to Karachi,so there is a difference in requirements?

In 2000 i used to live near Masroor base Karachi and had some active duty Pilot friends from Masroor base who actually flew F-16s at that time when they were based in Karachi.
They used to tell me that ejection seats are dysfunctional due to lack of spare parts,USA wont give spares due to embargo and PAF had no other option but to fly the plane on whatever minimal maintenance they could do.
Never again PAF would like to find themselves in that situation...Pakistan's requirement is no more than F-16 size planes and bigger planes will be an over kill and waste of money.
About Improvements..First flying a plane with just 4 years on R&D was a feat in itself and then they have been continuously improving the plane as had been discussed to death in the JF-17 threads.

If PAF was as weak as you say..India has been under pressure from their politicians,public and external sources to conduct surgical strikes on Pakistan..why do you thing their "Mighty" air force hasn't done it yet?

Those were some pretty intense post-landing checks for the J-20.

Yeah sorry. Forgot that the J-20 is twin engine!

Yes, that's what I wrote it twin engines. That's okay for these jets testing at the same time. The reaction is not great result, maybe the engines must replace in JF-17s and trainer (K-8).

F-16s' 15 second takeoff.

For now, it is Russian RD-93.

ws-13test.jpg

We still don't know the result of WS-13 performances, maybe more slower than Russian RD-93. Still currently testing.

I am not sure what you mean by elephants? Larger planes? Well India has to cover an area from Nepal to Andaman Nicobar Islands...Pakistan is Gilgit to Karachi,so there is a difference in requirements?

In 2000 i used to live near Masroor base Karachi and had some active duty Pilot friends from Masroor base who actually flew F-16s at that time when they were based in Karachi.
They used to tell me that ejection seats are dysfunctional due to lack of spare parts,USA wont give spares due to embargo and PAF had no other option but to fly the plane on whatever minimal maintenance they could do.
Never again PAF would like to find themselves in that situation... I already agree to this point of yours so let us not keep on repeating.

Pakistan's requirement is no more than F-16 size planes and bigger planes will be an over kill and waste of money.

About Improvements..First flying a plane with just 4 years on R&D was a feat in itself and then they have been continuously improving the plane as had been discussed to death in the JF-17 threads.

If PAF was as weak as you say..India has been under pressure from their politicians,public and external sources to conduct surgical strikes on Pakistan..why do you thing their "Mighty" air force hasn't done it yet?

Well Safriz poster Hani mention in his post the word elephant. That is why I brought in elephant. As far as India has to cover an area from Nepal to Andaman Nicobar Islands that is why they need bigger planes then that is not the case. It is the capability of the fighter. I am sure they have bases all over the India and they have deployed their fighters accordingly. Haven't you herd the news about Rafale will be deployed first along their western front and then Northern and Eastern front.

Never again PAF would like to find themselves in that situation... I already agree to this point.

Pakistan's requirement is no more than F-16 size planes and bigger planes will be an over kill and waste of money.

This is where lies all the problems. It is not the size of the plane my dear friend. It is the capability what we need to match.

So called Nuclear deterrent is the reason. But it aint going to stop them forever.

Farooq1, I agree with your perspective, interesting thoughtful. What can we do to match them? It is all about money and money spending. India's think about economy priority first, that's trick smart. Isolated Pakistan think how to save money little bit and don't believe on growing strong economy. It wouldn't be the same next twenty years. We don't have other options left.

Be assure Pakistan's 70+ F-16s is enough to protect the sky.

Farooq1, I agree with your perspective, interesting thoughtful. What can we do to match them? It is all about money and money spending. India's think about economy priority first, that's trick smart. Isolated Pakistan think how to save money little bit and don't believe on growing strong economy. It wouldn't be the same next twenty years. We don't have other options left.

Be assure Pakistan's 70+ F-16s is enough to protect the sky.

And be sure the strings of these F-16s are in an unreliable unfriendly hand..They can pull it at any time...
In a war,they will surely stop spare supply,and try to make them useless...

And be sure the strings of these F-16s are in an unreliable unfriendly hand..They can pull it at any time...
In a war,they will surely stop spare supply,and try to make them useless...

That is why I think from now on we need to spend wisely. J11s are $40 million a pop let us try to get some. Need to divert funds from Nuclear and Missile departments unless we can use Nuclear energy to start generating power. Air Force should be our top priority after infrastructure and education. Keep JF 17 program going and try to start selling them. But definitely we need some J11s ASAP. (that is my dream)

In my opinion PAF has a strategy similar to the Swedish Air force.
At the end of Russo-Finnish war the swedes calculated that if Soviets attack Sweden,there will be no way for the swedes to stop them...They devised strategy to retreat and let the Soviets over run Sweden in case of an attack and then launch Resistance from scattered locations...That was the basis of Grippen design , a small plane able to take off and land on short runways and requiring minimal maintenance....
If you go to Sweden you will notice long stretches of Motorways which have no lamp posts or street lights..intended for landing planes..and small units scattered across Sweden specially the wild north who can emerge out of the forest on short notice to refuel and arm a Grippen landed on a road.
Large planes including J-11 will need long runways and will be rendered useless if runways are destroyed which will be the situation Pakistan will find if attacked by a Much larger Air force.
Likewise..the maintenance? Does J-11 need little maintenance and can be rearmed and refueled on roadside?

Did you notice PAF has been practicing takeoff and landing on motorways?

So uhh, when's JF-17 BLK 2 coming out? Last time i visited this thread everyone was jumping up and down at the news that JF-17 BLK 2 will be revealed in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom