What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend, KAMRA is churning out 2 planes a month for more than a year now because assembly lines and some other structural and avionics developments are being manufactured in house at a rapid pace. And the aircraft count as of now is more than 40. 16-18 aircraft per SQDN and third SQDN is likely to be raised between February-March. The facility being built at Nawabshah is much bigger than anything we ever had before and this included the current "Thunder City". As things are going, i expect we may even manufacture a good chunk of export orders on our own.

Pakistan initially order 50 thunders and till now upgraded version is in development then will you stop after first 50 or production of same version is going on ??? Cause till now no one else order this plane

Pakistan initially order 50 thunders and till now upgraded version is in development then will you stop after first 50 or production of same version is going on ??? Cause till now no one else order this plane

upgraded version would start by mid-2012 at the most or even early!
all the upgrades or "add on" for blk 2 are ready to be integrated.

Hope to see Aesa's in our thunders by the end of 2012. :pakistan:

the math is simple...
6 SLP a/c transferred from china.
38 of 42 a/c produced.
thats 44. the bal 6 to be delivered by April.
total 50.
16x3 = 48 a/c for 3 squadrons.
2 in reserve for attrition losses.
blk-2 starts after june-2012.

Production History...

The 01 batch of 6 JF-17s (08-103 -- 08-108) were delivered between March and April 2008.
The contract for PAF to acquire 42 JF-17s (mostly assembled by PAC) was signed on March 7, 2009.
The first two (09-109 & 110) have been built by CAC.
The first JF-17 (09-111) in the batch of 4 assembled by PAC rolled out on November 23, 2009.
Since November 23,2009 to date (28 months), 36 JF-17 have been built at PAC. that is more than 1 a/c per month. not bad at all.

we also know that this rate of production will be 'doubled' in the next 3 years. if that is accomplished, we expect a further 92 aircraft to be delivered by PAC - Kamra by Dec-2014. total expectation would come to 142 a/c. the plan is 150, so this is certainly a acceptable production rate.

lost thunder will be replaced and this is known as attrition. SQDN strength varies from 14-16-18 aircraft. JFT so far has a strength of 18 per SQDN.

So the Aesa radar, IRST and Diamond shape stealth nose and Composites pushed to 3rd block. As i expected and i think only 3rd block which will be 50-100 JF-17 will have Hi-tech goodies, 2nd block will not be upgraded to third block.

lost thunder will be replaced and this is known as attrition. SQDN strength varies from 14-16-18 aircraft. JFT so far has a strength of 18 per SQDN.

there was a lot of 'back and forth' between members on the production status and number of JFT's available. i was just trying to clarify the actual situation.

So the Aesa radar, IRST and Diamond shape stealth nose and Composites pushed to 3rd block. As i expected and i think only 3rd block which will be 50-100 JF-17 will have Hi-tech goodies, 2nd block will not be upgraded to third block.

Any shaping or modifications to the fuselage are costly... and detract from the JF-17 greatest claim to fame which is cost effectiveness . THERE IS NO OTHER COMBAT AIRCRAFT IN THE WORLD that offers so much for so less. When that stops being the case.. the JF will stop being a viable option.
The unit cost that the PAF pays for the JF, an equivalent aircraft from ANY manufacturer in the world that gives similar capabilities will cost around 40-50 mil.
The JF has allowed the PAF to close the gap by a large extent against many foes.. even in its current configuration the JF now ha the ability to put up a good fight alongside other assets.
Unlike our neighbors we cant pump up on steroids(Lots of cash).. we have to rely on slow buildup and improving our tactics.
The idea is not to become a steroid pumped muscle bound wrestler.. but rather a lean mean martial artist.
That goal is being accomplished slowly and steadily.

Any shaping or modifications to the fuselage are costly... and detract from the JF-17 greatest claim to fame which is cost effectiveness . THERE IS NO OTHER COMBAT AIRCRAFT IN THE WORLD that offers so much for so less. When that stops being the case.. the JF will stop being a viable option.
The unit cost that the PAF pays for the JF, an equivalent aircraft from ANY manufacturer in the world that gives similar capabilities will cost around 40-50 mil.
The JF has allowed the PAF to close the gap by a large extent against many foes.. even in its current configuration the JF now ha the ability to put up a good fight alongside other assets.
Unlike our neighbors we cant pump up on steroids(Lots of cash).. we have to rely on slow buildup and improving our tactics.
The idea is not to become a steroid pumped muscle bound wrestler.. but rather a lean mean martial artist.
That goal is being accomplished slowly and steadily.

Kia knockout maara hai bhai, wah :)

we also know that this rate of production will be 'doubled' in the next 3 years. if that is accomplished, we expect a further 92 aircraft to be delivered by PAC - Kamra by Dec-2014. total expectation would come to 142 a/c. the plan is 150, so this is certainly a acceptable production rate.

Some said the total order is for 250 aircrafts.

Don't you think 150 is a small number to replace about 300 Mirage/F-7s and A5s? Unless PAF is going to field 150 J-10s as well.

I guess 150 J-10Bs will be enough in the intermediate range but don't know why we didn't get anyone yet.......:smokin:

Some said the total order is for 250 aircrafts.

Don't you think 150 is a small number to replace about 300 Mirage/F-7s and A5s? Unless PAF is going to field 150 J-10s as well.

you've answered your question yourself. 250 is speculation. about 100 older mirages will be replaced and about 50 older F-7P's will be replaced. all mirages are not all active.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

I guess 150 J-10Bs will be enough in the intermediate range but don't know why we didn't get anyone yet.......:smokin:

this is sheer speculation too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom