What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thnx for everyone's enthusiastic response to my previous questions. I particularly enjoyed the various video links. Thank you once again.

I now have another question after watching the JF-17's ground attack video. Has the FC-1 been used in anti-terrorist operations and if so, how well did it perform? It may be important to JF-17's marketing since the JF-17 emphasises its multi-role capabilities.

Thnx for everyone's enthusiastic response to my previous questions. I particularly enjoyed the various video links. Thank you once again.

I now have another question after watching the JF-17's ground attack video. Has the FC-1 been used in anti-terrorist operations and if so, how well did it perform? It may be important to JF-17's marketing since the JF-17 emphasises its multi-role capabilities.
I dont think they'll show vidoes of JF 17 bombings....its more chance that they say F 16 performing better than JF 17 in A2G role in WOT because of some political reasons.

I understand your point but you know, i try my level best to find a source of what i come to know by my sources and i give link as soon as i find one be it website or anything. What i do, has no sense of pride or superiority and means no harm to anyone does it? I just share things that many people in Pakistan and even in the neighborhood do not have an access. I have said this before and saying it again. You will never find an internet source on this and many other recent military developments for many years to come. Only when books are written by EX military men, we realize just how much was going on under our very own noses :lol:

Sure enough - thats one way to put it. It happens in every country -- but till its proved or published its all speculation. There are agencies or publications which do this kind of research for their bread and butter.

In between i am bit more intrigued -- I was doing some reading yesterday--

A Chinese L-15 trainer a/c costs approx - 14.5 Million dollars. Can you explain that visa-vi JF-17 a fourth gen fighter costing 10 Mill dollars ? Chalo -- Let us even assume that JF costs 15 Million dollars , how can one explain similar prices for a trainer and fighter a/c.

I believe JF 17 at $15 mill is the basic flyaway cost without any weapons and optionals. Like Su 30 flyaway is at $35-40 mill

The thread is about the Russian claiming that the JFT is in the same league as the MiG29, but our Indian friends want to now divert the thread into a JFT and L15 thread -- Why Indian? Why can't you just getting it in your head that no Pakistani is saying that JFT and MiG29are inthe same league, instead, it is Russian saying this - if this rubs you the wrong way, take it up with the Russian, why come here and try to derail the thread?

I dont mind if America claims that F-7 is invisible to F22 radar due to some super duper Chinese engineering marvel. Russia is claiming JFT and Mig 29 are similar -- Fair enough -- Russia is the best judge. Russia might be claiming that because of capabilities and because of price of the a/c.

But with members out here quoting ridiculous prices as low as 10 Mil dollars for a 4 gen a/c to make it more appealing - does warrant questioning on what basis they are quoting these figures. When asked for a link -- if one retorts - 'I know it, but my uncle says not to divulge the secret' ....then you know what you are up against.

I am trying my best to find out if JF is as cheap as it is made out to be.....hence the comparison with L-15 and J-10 (Bot Chinese)

And too late for "Take it up with Russia" dialogues -- wake up and see around -- the thread has run more than 30 pages.

I am trying my best to find out if JF is as cheap as it is made out to be.....hence the comparison with L-15 and J-10 (Bot Chinese)

There are threads for L15 and J10 -- as for what a particular aircraft costs, this is not the same as what a manufacturer and/or a government is willing to sell it for, isn't that so?.

Cost benefit is a calculation that is individual for respective air forces, isn't that so? For instance, whatever the F18 costs to purchase, it might very different for two air forces, isn't that so? 18 units as opposed to 100 units would have a different unit cost, on the other hand, how the aircraft is configured is yet another element of cost.

Indian friends are bent out of shape because this Russian seems to have let them down, in their caluclation MiG29, for it to be good, JFT has to be bad - now how silly is this?

There are threads for L15 and J10 -- as for what a particular aircraft costs, this is not the same as what a manufacturer and/or a government is willing to sell it for, isn't that so?.

Sorry did not understand. Please explain.

Cost benefit is a calculation that is individual for respective air forces, isn't that so? For instance, whatever the F18 costs to purchase, it might very different for two air forces, isn't that so? 18 units as opposed to 100 units would have a different unit cost, on the other hand, how the aircraft is configured is yet another element of cost.

True -- Hence the comparison with the lowest spectrum of a/c's .i.e Trainer aircraft. A plain vanilla JF is more cheap than Jet trainer ? Yeah Taj Mahal is on sale....

I dont mind if America claims that F-7 is invisible to F22 radar due to some super duper Chinese engineering marvel. Russia is claiming JFT and Mig 29 are similar -- Fair enough -- Russia is the best judge. Russia might be claiming that because of capabilities and because of price of the a/c.

But with members out here quoting ridiculous prices as low as 10 Mil dollars for a 4 gen a/c to make it more appealing - does warrant questioning on what basis they are quoting these figures. When asked for a link -- if one retorts - 'I know it, but my uncle says not to divulge the secret' ....then you know what you are up against.

And too late for "Take it up with Russia" dialogues -- wake up and see around -- the thread has run more than 30 pages.

Hay buddy easy.. you watched the Video and found Russians are comparing Mig-29 with this JFT and you call it fair enough, the price of 10millions a piece is also provided in the very same video. Go give it a ride again and then say if you believe Russians on that or not. Watch 2:00 onwards on the video to learn that.

For the L-15 and J-10 price response, I am also anxious as you are.

Last edited:
2e01cfc23553bf578fd8dcb99eb739b1.jpg

it's PL-5E111

hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture3396-r-darter.jpg

True -- Hence the comparison with the lowest spectrum of a/c's .i.e Trainer aircraft. A plain vanilla JF is more cheap than Jet trainer ? Yeah Taj Mahal is on sale....

Im not an expert but a little that i know. PAF signed for 42 JF in a deal worth 600m $. so one can have an idea for the unit price ...

Im not an expert but a little that i know. PAF signed for 42 JF in a deal worth 600m $. so one can have an idea for the unit price ...

Actually it is hard to say as the aircraft comes along with the infrastructure training and other costs attached to it. it can be judged only when the second order will be placed.

Hay buddy easy.. you watched the Video and found Russians are comparing Mig-29 with this JFT and you call it fair enough, the price of 10millions a piece is also provided in the very same video. Go give it a ride again and then say if you believe Russians on that or not. Watch 2:00 onwards on the video to learn that.

For the L-15 and J-10 price response, I am also anxious as you are.

I had seen the other video -- and missed the original one.. anyways in this case i'd have to disagree with 10 mil price tag with russians. Well we'd have to wait it out to know the correct information.

This business about price is giving our Indian friends sleepless nights and days - So, lets try and clarify - Price is related to what it is worth to a prospective customer and the cost of strategic or tactical imperative a manufacturer is willing to bear to further their goal.

JFT is a competitor to the MiG29 because of what it's customers percieve to be the cost benefit to them.

It might cost $30 million a piece to one customer and less to another and more to yet another - strategic weapon systems come with the strategic goals of the manufacturer and the country of manufacture - is there a price to these, you bet - will it help us understand the "real" price, depends on what "real" might mean to you and what it might mean to the manufacturer and what it might mean to the country of manufacture and what it means to a prospective buyer.

No need for sleepless nights and days, the Russian says that the JFT is in the same league as MiG29 - maybe they know what they are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom