What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the jf-17 firing sd-10 missile?

No. The sd-10 bvr missile is probably too large to fit on the wingtips. Looks like a Chinese PL-9 or an American AIM to me.

I am going to ask a noob question now. Did the missile fired by the JF-17 in the video hit a drone or was it remotely detonated (if such a thing is possible). Everything happened so fast it was a bit hard for me to tell. Thnx.

Nabil --

10 mil for a fighter plane ? Seriously...

Not only 10 Mil for a fighter plane will kill almost every export market for figher planes -- it will also kill all the export prospects Chinese J10 fighter aircraft as well which is valued at 28 million dollars for PLAF. Why would any one pay 18 million dollar aircraft for a single engine aircraft with same avionics (as per you guys) - the only difference being tonnage...but surely 2 a/c's for 20 mill will be hard to resist.

So honestly -- please dont quote figures such as 10 mil for a fighter aircraft , it just doesnt make sense from a economical and feasibility POV.

Nabil -- secondly where you getting these information from ? Links please.

Lets just assume, i have a habit of making things up and i am not at liberty to give their identity but for those who think 10 mil will rip any competition out in fourth generation market, it will not happen because JFT is not targeting the high end segment but the lower end. initial sale strategy is always to grab a share, penetrate in a dense and politically influenced market. Its not easy to conduct business out there anyway. Azeris are not asking for drastic upgrades as of now, not even the IFR probes, but if they do, price will go up as per the upgradations asked.

No. The sd-10 bvr missile is probably too large to fit on the wingtips. Looks like a Chinese PL-9 or an American AIM to me.

I am going to ask a noob question now. Did the missile fired by the JF-17 in the video hit a drone or was it remotely detonated (if such a thing is possible). Everything happened so fast it was a bit hard for me to tell. Thnx.
As the seeker is Heatseeking so its a flare fired in the air and missile get lock and shoot it.....Often see this in exercises in Pakistan where they show test of Air to ground MANPAD

i'll try to find some video later on

8ec7a08535e2481b4d5d63d9ccea7aec1.jpg

Here watch this video, very good one and giving in detail video clips of PAF fighters firing air to air missiles at flares.

I do remember once seeing a PAF Mirage firing an A2A missile at a small drone.

If found it, will let you know, for now enjoy this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets just assume, i have a habit of making things up and i am not at liberty to give their identity but for those who think 10 mil will rip any competition out in fourth generation market, it will not happen because JFT is not targeting the high end segment but the lower end. initial sale strategy is always to grab a share, penetrate in a dense and politically influenced market. Its not easy to conduct business out there anyway. Azeris are not asking for drastic upgrades as of now, not even the IFR probes, but if they do, price will go up as per the upgradations asked.

Nabil -- No offense but,

If anybody in an online forum claims some facts & figures and then fails to back it up with a reliable online source, then poster is most often ripped apart by everyone. We are all debating based on available information and neither we are general's who knows pretty much everything. Having said that -- i have been following your posts for quite a while -- and i have to say this (to my dismay being an aviation enthusiast) that most of the information that you post is without links based on some hear say from your source, however i must admit some of the technical facts does make sense. But suggesting that a 4 gen fighter a/c is for 10 million dollars is one of the things where utmost liberty has been undertaken with imagination.

After all psst -- if i say that Kaveri is operational with 100KN thrust OR there are two Arihants in IN or LCA has been equiped with AESA or Brahmos has 600KM range-- you wouldnt believe it , would you without credible proof.

its wingtip rails are made to launch both kind of A2A missiles.(BVR,IR seeking missiles)

is the jf-17 firing sd-10 missile?

I dont think so it is AIM-9M or PL-9 and SD-10
if you look at the first pic where missile is clearly visible, you see its upper side as clean from fins....its most probably a T darter BVRAAM already in service with PAF
mirageiiioma_4.JPG

Nabil -- No offense but,

If anybody in an online forum claims some facts & figures and then fails to back it up with a reliable online source, then poster is most often ripped apart by everyone. We are all debating based on available information and neither we are general's who knows pretty much everything. Having said that -- i have been following your posts for quite a while -- and i have to say this (to my dismay being an aviation enthusiast) that most of the information that you post is without links based on some hear say from your source, however i must admit some of the technical facts does make sense. But suggesting that a 4 gen fighter a/c is for 10 million dollars is one of the things where utmost liberty has been undertaken with imagination.

After all psst -- if i say that Kaveri is operational with 100KN thrust OR there are two Arihants in IN or LCA has been equiped with AESA or Brahmos has 600KM range-- you wouldnt believe it , would you without credible proof.

I understand your point but you know, i try my level best to find a source of what i come to know by my sources and i give link as soon as i find one be it website or anything. What i do, has no sense of pride or superiority and means no harm to anyone does it? I just share things that many people in Pakistan and even in the neighborhood do not have an access. I have said this before and saying it again. You will never find an internet source on this and many other recent military developments for many years to come. Only when books are written by EX military men, we realize just how much was going on under our very own noses :lol:

And the JF has made full payload takeoff's from Skardu.. that is pretty much as high as it is expected to go.

:what:
any link to this one???
i never heared the birda travelling this far north!

may be i missed an event,
i will wait for the source in support of this claim. (ofcourse not doubting your crediability but to enrich my knowledge)

regards!

i wish we could have ssen the Thunder roaring the skies in this vedio:
all the other front line goodies, the Il-78, the Erieye seen in action!!

Enjoy!
regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its most likely pl-5e2 or pl-9c, the former seems likely as pl-9 is slightly bigger and has different forward wing arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom