What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^google this

Kopyo-25 multifunction radar (Russian Federation), AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE, MARITIME PATROL AND NAVIGATION RADARS

link has the name j.a.n.e.s which gets deleted on this forum , automatically since the last upgrade

Here is the Kopyo-25 - "radar in a pod"

an1l78.jpg

30m9x83.jpg

Hi, the Kopyo-25 pod is the past and old. It was proposed a while back to upgrade Soviet era Su-25 Frogfoot ground attack fighters. Those fighters only had laser and night vision sensors in the nose. They had no radars. Their noses could not be redesigned to include both systems, and a cheap podded radar was proposed.

The SU-25 is a ground attack plane, not a fighter. Having a podded radar on a fighter jet would not make sense.

I think making sense or not depends on you threat. I had this discussion a couple of years ago wrt the CF-5s Botswana bought from Canada. These do not have space on the nose for a radar because of the cannon. I think a podded radar will not be a bad solution in some situaons as a retrofit/corrective/upgrade action as opposedd to having no radar at all or a radar limit in performance.

Aoa!
Dear I have some question in my mind and these can be some childish questions but i need answers of them.
1) Is there any future program to equipped JF17 with TVEngines?
2) Is there any possibility of super cruising with existing or with some modified design?
3) Is there STOL/VTOL variants can be upcoming in future?
4) Is it has the capability of air refueling(if yes is it retractable in future)?
5) Is there any news about redesigning JF17 with Composit materials like HAL LCA?
Thanks if some one can give me satisfied answers to me.

I am not expert yet trying got answer your query

#1 Not necessary and it is already enough maneuverable but i think in future if any deman rise then it will be equip with tvc engine .
#2 may be
#3 not seeing any possibility
#4 already has or having
#5 Already significant number of composite are being used

Denel Dynamics completes A-Darter integration on Gripen

Helmoed-Römer Heitman

Denel Dynamics, the missile and UAV division of South Africa's Denel, has completed the integration of the A-Darter fifth-generation air-to-air missile with the Saab JAS39 Gripen after a series of six launches.

Seventeen other missiles were fired during the development, including several from Cheetah Ds operated by Denel for that purpose.

Integration with the BAE systems Hawk is in hand for the South African Air Force (SAAF) and the company hopes to begin integrating the A-Darter with the Brazilian Air Force's upgraded Northrop F-5 fighters. The missile is also intended to arm Brazil's new F-X fighter when that is selected, and is also likely to be selected by a third country.

SAAF fighter pilots involved with the project, or with insight into the development, are impressed by the A-Darter and regard it as better in some respects than the IRIS-T and the other missiles in this class. Where it was once speculated that the SAAF might use the A-Darter only on the Hawk, the intention now seems to be to also arm the Gripen with the missile, but retaining the IRIS-T in order to give a dual capability. Since the two missiles have different profiles and features, this will confuse the tactical situation as seen by an opposing pilot,

Specific aspects of the A-Darter mentioned to by SAAF pilots include the absence, under favourable atmospheric conditions, of the tell-tale (aluminium oxide particle based) smoke trail (no aluminium is used in the rocket propellant), giving opposing fighter pilots no visual warning other than a very discrete launch flash.

These features, along with a considerable range advantage over most short-range air-to-air missiles (A-Darter is considered a near-BVR missile) make A-Darter a major threat for opposing pilots.

Other aspects drawing favourable comment include, a 90-degree look angle; the availability of cockpit-selectable seeker scan patterns; quick target acquisition, which "rarely needs a second scan cycle", was told; after-launch scanning for lock-on-after-launch engagements, which is particularly valuable in "over the shoulder" engagements; and the 120-degrees per second track rate.

The missile is also light enough to be carried on all fighter wingtip stations. It has no flutter problems and little aerodynamic impact on the aircraft. As well as pre-programmed cockpit-selectable seeker scan patterns, other patterns can be programmed on the flight line. Its ECCM capabilities are also user-definable and reprogrammable.

Test firing of the A-Darter from a SAAF Gripen.

Test firing of the A-Darter from a SAAF Gripen. (Denel Dynamics)

any source for 30% composite for second block ?
Check JF-17 info pool, by the way source is "hennan eagle" a pakistani engineer in china .

jft milestones

Google Translate

some new pics for me in this russian site--you can click on the pics opposite timeframe

Test pilot after the first flight on the aircraft FC-1
43-2.jpg

43-1.jpg

46-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom