What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2705_216401541__Ba_007.jpg

27 Matra 155 rocket launcher
33 SNEB 68mm rocket 33 SNEB 68mm rocket
34 SNEB or Thomson-Brandt 100mm rocket 34 SNEB or Thomson-Brandt 100mm rocket
35 Thomson-Brandt LR 100-6 launcher (six x 100mm) 35 Thomson-Brandt LR 100-6 launcher (six x 100mm)
36 Thomson-Brandt LR 100-4 launcher 36 Thomson-Brandt LR 100-4 launcher
37 Matra RL Type F2 Launcher (six 68mm) 37 RL Type F2 Matra Launcher (six 68mm)
2705_92743491__Ba_006.jpg

Thomson-Brandt Type 100-4

what are the chinese versions available for jft?

Rumor of jf-17 Blk 2 unveil at Chengdu called YFC-1E.

Sorry, I make a mistake. It's at Xi an and not cheng du for test flying. Changes include CFT , fire control and new engine( suppose to be WS-13)

use of rocket have bee reduced in the new era (4,4+ & 5) of Fighter jet.
i highly doubt that Jf-17 will ever use Rocket launchers. In simple words, Rockets are HISTORY.

here are a few Official weapon details, BUT NO ROCKET LAUNCHER in any.
fc1weaponsconfigyf0.jpg

sp-2.gif

JF-17_Carried_Weapons.jpg

JF-17_13.jpg

use of unguided weapons have been reduced. search yourself, u will not find rocket pods with any 4+ generation fighter except Russian and Chinese.

the rockets i posted are/ were used in different mirages --- i was curious as i didnt find any for the jft a2g varient

Hi, this is a link showing the LS-6 PGM that the JF-17 will use. Also, unguided rockets are history in this day and age. They are unguided, have no stand-off capability and require low-level straffing attacks.

The link does not seem to copy properly as it at j-a-n-e-s-.-c-o-m. Thanks!

".com/events/exhibitions/idex2011/sections/daily/day3/latest-chinese-pgms.shtml"

Hi, this is a link showing the LS-6 PGM that the JF-17 will use. Also, unguided rockets are history in this day and age. They are unguided, have no stand-off capability and require low-level straffing attacks.

The link does not seem to copy properly as it at j-a-n-e-s-.-c-o-m. Thanks!

".com/events/exhibitions/idex2011/sections/daily/day3/latest-chinese-pgms.shtml"

I totally disagree Pakistan don't have any dedicated ground superiority plane [e.g A-10 Wrathdog] thus we need to fit those JF-17 with powerful air to surface Punch. Helis will do this job but some time speed does matter, especially when the main adversary has got the Frogfoots with their Tank regiments

The slicing of tanks by close range slow speed A10 is not handy cause of the uranium. Look at the troubles in Irac. Tanks are attacked by smart weapons. More efficient and cheaper.

The slicing of tanks by close range slow speed A10 is not handy cause of the uranium. Look at the troubles in Irac. Tanks are attacked by smart weapons. More efficient and cheaper.

The A10's cannon can use other types of ammo too, not just depleted uranium rounds.

tit bit...

PAF tested both ALQ131 and KG300G on JFT. the latter was found more efficient and supports more jamming modes, algorithms having true multiple mode jamming capability. It comprises of a mixture of Chinese, Israeli and Russian jamming technologies and is based on all digital circuitry. First entered service in 1997 and since than improved twice over its service life in Chinese Arm Forces, next variant is considered in the class of more advanced jammers/ ecm pods available in the world today.

Hello Nabil,

What is your say on twin tail version of JFT? Is that real or has developed already? And if it has already developed, are the export orders which has been confirmed by now for the single fin version or this double one?

27_167773_1c77d8fbf395866.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom