What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mr. MK, I agree that the PAF squandered a good decade or so, and did not induct anything close to being 4th generation. Moreover, training a pilot on a 4th generation takes a few years and there is a huge teething timeline given a new platform. Unfortunately given the financial situation of Pakistan, the PAF really is limited by it options and Chinese aircraft are their only realistic option.

The JF-17 mated with a good AESA radar, a good BVR and the WS-13 will be a good bird, for the low mix option. I also agree that the PAF is in dire needs of a heavy interceptor/fighter in the class of the J-11B or J-10B. I do not trust the F-16 option as it is sanction prone. Take care.

MK Bhai,

If memory serves me right....

Mirage-2000 began getting inducted to the IAF from 1985 and got completed within a few years.

Completion of 1st batch of 40 F-16s (Peace Gate-I & II) by 1986-87 and the 2nd batch of 11 attrition F-16s (Peace Gate-III) was ordered in 1988 and another 60 (Peace Gate-IV) were ordered in 1989 (we all know what happened afterward).

IAF received its 1st Mirage-2000 much before the completion of delivery of the 1st 40 F-16s.

How could PAF had gone for the Mirage-2000 instead of F-16s when IAF had already started receiving it within 2 years of the PAF getting the 1st F-16 in 1983?

Decision of getting additional F-16s weren't finalized by then.

Regards

Last edited:
There was another opportunity to get the Mirage 2k later as well, that too was scrubbed due to corruption scandals and that fact that the french were asking too heavy a price for it.. The Indians had bought the M2K.. if we had played a little sensibly we would have been one of the first customers for the M2K-5..which at that time was comparable and in some cases better than the f-16 block 52... nehow.. back to the topic.
The involvement of Turkey is a good omen.. but it still wont allow us any major breakthrough's in gaining the upper hand.

There was another opportunity to get the Mirage 2k later as well, that too was scrubbed due to corruption scandals and that fact that the french were asking too heavy a price for it.. The Indians had bought the M2K.. if we had played a little sensibly we would have been one of the first customers for the M2K-5..which at that time was comparable and in some cases better than the f-16 block 52... nehow.. back to the topic.
The involvement of Turkey is a good omen.. but it still wont allow us any major breakthrough's in gaining the upper hand.

Upper hand in what sense ??

this is what a member had to say at Pak Def:

"I spoke to an AVM today and he told me that the ac are "flying" to fambrough and made refueling stops, one inthe middle east (Saudi arabia if i recall correctly) and the other in turkey. He also informed me that the ac will indeed be "taking part in flying demos" at the airshow.
The interest shown in the ac during all the stop overs has been massive to say the least.
The ACM is also heading to fambrough. "

What kind of upper hand you guyz are expecting from this low cost, light weight fighter.. don't tell me that you want JFT to score kills against F22 raptor lolzz..

Why are you guyz so pessimistic..? I mean something is always better than nothings. Its already a great break through for JFT project if Turkey is willing to get involved in it.. They can bring in Advanced, State of the art avionics, radars, missile tech which will surely enhance the capabilities of this bird and will give a major boost to it.. also our engineers will get chance to work closely with turk experts who are way more experienced than their Pakistani counter parts.. We can have access to latest state of the art tech via turkey..

Remember turkey being a nato Allie and close US partner has access to both European and US tech and they are producing lots of advanced stuff locally for decades now.. I can smell lots of things coming our way if we start working together with Turkey..

Just relax and give this bird some room to breath ..

Cheers.. :cheers:

I read an interview before regarding PAF's decision on m2k:

The PAF official mentioned several things:

1. French fighter/equipment/support is expensive.
2. Couldn't negotiate much on the price with french.
3. France is the major partner on the HAL Tejas project, there is a conflict of interest.

On the other hand, with JF-17, PAF acquired

1. Technology/knowledge ( of building a modern jet fighter ) which no western country would be willing to provide.
2. A reliable source of future support/upgrade (China has proved itself to be a friend Pakistan can count on)
3. A huge bargaining chip that can be used against western countries in future negotiations.

The PAF official mentioned that US complained multiple times to PAF about JF-17 project, and he thinks JF-17 played an important role in US's change of attitude regarding the F-16

:china::usflag:

Hi,

That is the source of all our problems---the F 16 and the M2K---. The difference in performance between the F 16 and the m2k---for the so called difference---give 10 points to F 16 and 9 1/2 points to M2K omn a scale of 1---10---where 10 is the best.

Instead of going for the second batch of F 16---paf should have gone for the m2k---it would have performed the coupe de grace on the IAF---and also diversified its portfolio.

Hi Mr. MK, I agree that the PAF squandered a good decade or so, and did not induct anything close to being 4th generation. Moreover, training a pilot on a 4th generation takes a few years and there is a huge teething timeline given a new platform. Unfortunately given the financial situation of Pakistan, the PAF really is limited by it options and Chinese aircraft are their only realistic option.

The JF-17 mated with a good AESA radar, a good BVR and the WS-13 will be a good bird, for the low mix option. I also agree that the PAF is in dire needs of a heavy interceptor/fighter in the class of the J-11B or J-10B. I do not trust the F-16 option as it is sanction prone. Take care.

Believe me money is never the problem for Pakistan --- itsss corrupt leaders.................
If u stop corruption today--- believes me that after a decade we will have enough money to built stealth fighter

Love this one really love it:smitten:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

a.jpg

Would have been better if those bird slicers( IFF and pitot) antenna's were built in conformally. Right now they are radar reflectors which means the jet is going to look like a minibus on radar a hundred miles away.

Would have been better if those bird slicers( IFF and pitot) antenna's were built in conformally. Right now they are radar reflectors which means the jet is going to look like a minibus on radar a hundred miles away.

You meant the antennas on the fuselage and under the nose, and the 4 other ADDs on the nose ??

Wouldn't having them conformal give problem in their performance ??

mar-1-sead-missile.jpg
sorry if already poste but surely worth a view again:

JF-17inPen102.jpg

regards!

JF-17-Thunder_Kamra.JPG

JF-17frontshotfromAlanWarnesbook.jpg

JF-17inPen102.jpg

You overestimate the MKI, I don't see how the MKI can cross the border and survive - assuming of course that Pakistan's air defense assets are intact. Make no mistake the MKI is more vulnerable than most in hostile air space - we established this when the MKI's came to Nellis. IMHO Pakistani air space is adequately protected once all F-16's are upgraded and JF-17 acquires BVR capability.

Indians consider MKI only second to F-22:D

What about , Su-35 , F-35 , F-15S, F-15SE , F-16E/F , Typhoon ?

According to some sources MKI can be detected almost 400 kms away which gives enough time to shoot it down.

Last year MKI penetrated in Pakistan Air Space - F-16 Locked on it successfully.

Our Air force can slay down all MKI's when in our own air space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom