What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets wait and see i feel so bor in these threads of F-16s AND THUNDERS.nothing new here is just wait until first batch come out from PAC.

but this do not mean that a fighter will have to be brought to operationa status, :no: do some research on prototype issues and it will help!:agree:

that will be fine as we have been repeating the sme thing again n again, better take rest untill get some real news on it!!:)

regards!

Can u push a prototype to a limit same as u can with normal operational fighter? I don't think so bro :)

appy Defence Day to all of you,

May Pakistan Live long,:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
Inshallah!

Can u push a prototype to a limit same as u can with normal operational fighter? I don't think so bro :)

The role of a prototype is to take it to the limit for which it has been designed. if you don't take a prototype to its limit how can it be done with an operational aircraft ?? If you watch the manufacturing process of any aircraft on Discovery or National Geographic, you will notice that prototypes are taken to the extreme limits of their design to test the viability of the design, but in steps. Prototype is for testing everything the aircraft will have to do in its operationally life.

bro, protoypes are meant to take the plane even beyonf there limits. thats is what they are made for.
moreover the limits of an operatioal plane are ste by analyzing the performance of the prototypes!!

regards!

The role of a prototype is to take it to the limit for which it has been designed. if you don't take a prototype to its limit how can it be done with an operational aircraft ?? If you watch the manufacturing process of any aircraft on Discovery or National Geographic, you will notice that prototypes are taken to the extreme limits of their design to test the viability of the design, but in steps. Prototype is for testing everything the aircraft will have to do in its operationally life.

That is exactly what i was expecting. Now prototypes are pushed to limits once they achieve a certain level of strength in their air frames and other systems not from start i.e. a gradual load is being put on a prototype after each test flight. Whereas on test bed approach is very different.A fighter of different family can also be a test bged of new fighter family but this is not true for prototype. On more high tech projects test beds comes from most proven fighters which are used to test other fighter's system. I will give two examples

F-16 Block 52 were used to test many of the systems used in F-22 and JSF prototypes and planes. Summarizing all above; Prototypes test (airframe + other systems) - engines; If it is a single engine plane... Test Beds test (other systems+ enignes) - air frames;

J-8 was used new Chinese engine of future J-10.

Hope this will explain my point of view regarding prototype and a Test Bed.

That is exactly what i was expecting. Now prototypes are pushed to limits once they achieve a certain level of strength in their air frames and other systems not from start i.e. a gradual load is being put on a prototype after each test flight. Whereas on test bed approach is very different.A fighter of different family can also be a test bged of new fighter family but this is not true for prototype. On more high tech projects test beds comes from most proven fighters which are used to test other fighter's system. I will give two examples

F-16 Block 52 were used to test many of the systems used in F-22 and JSF prototypes and planes. Summarizing all above; Prototypes test (airframe + other systems) - engines; If it is a single engine plane... Test Beds test (other systems+ enignes) - air frames;

J-8 was used new Chinese engine of future J-10.

Hope this will explain my point of view regarding prototype and a Test Bed.

No argument about it as that is exactly what these 2 things work. But you had used the word Prototype so that's why i replied, if you had used Test Beds then won't have replied back as it would have been right :)

so that ends the confusion here and now,,

regards!

woooops,,
sorry sir, you are the genius and have every thing clear in your mind,,,
i must have been the dumb here,,

happy now!!

regards!

well guys there was a post regarding a question that with procurement of noew LJ17 planes will the number of squadrons also go up and if it will how many squadrons will be added. i answered him that for the time being the JF17 will be replacing the existing fleet so we may not see any increase in number of squadrons. my bad that i dont remeber that who asked this question but relavent to JF17 project i will post a report i just found regarding to this issue here in this thread:
ACM T Mahmood interview (September 2008)
In 2015, PAF will remain at its current strength of 15 Squadrons. But the capability will be significantly enhanced by the composition of the ''high-tech and force multiplier'' equipment.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-10891.html (Point No.15)
i hope this help you Mr. XX!

regards!
regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom