What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
so in the end,howmany of JF-17 will PAF have?

I don't think we will have an exact figure. ... ... As an estimate we have seen 101 to 110 completed and flying. Images and photos say these came from China. You then have the handful seen on the assembly floor at Kamra. That was at least 10 complete and flying and about 5 in the final stages of assembly.

I don't think we will have an exact figure. ... ... As an estimate we have seen 101 to 110 completed and flying. Images and photos say these came from China. You then have the handful seen on the assembly floor at Kamra. That was at least 10 complete and flying and about 5 in the final stages of assembly.

Are these including prototypes or other than that.

Are these including prototypes or other than that.
According to ex-PAF officials on this forum, the production of one squadron of JF-17s has been (or is very nearly) completed - i.e., app.15-20 aircraft - and is currently undergoing operational integration. This squadron is to be based in Peshawar, most likely replacing the A-5 Fantans of No. 16 or No. 26 strike squadrons of No. 36 Tactical Attack Wing.

This does not include any prototypes, which are not meant to be fully operational variants. The prototypes will most likely be used for further R&D as JF-17 squadrons become operational, but this is only a guess.

Members, please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Take out the first 3 prototypes from this list as they were the ones before JF-17 evolved into its current form. Pt-04 is no where to be seen in latest pictures, which would mean it may have been transferred to operational status or as a testing & evaluation plane in Kamra, the Pt-06 is in China, having been seen to have Chinese Communication gear, meaning China is either evaluating it or testing it for further upgrades as per its requirements or for export customers or may be just testing to make it more better in the coming Blocks.

That does not include the 6 prototypes. ... ... of which I believe we has seen 4 flying (PT1, PT3, PT4 and PT6).

Out of 6, 2 must be for ground testing purposes, that's why we never saw any picture of them.

no, no prototypes are included in the number that will be quoted as operational or undergoing weapon integration,,
prototypes, all six of them will be spared for future R&D as JF17 will be heavily subjected to it,,
for an exact number, no one is going to quote it here,
wait till the end of year when you will see the first squadron full operational!!
as asid earlier, do not wait for someone to give you the exact number present right now,, everything will be speculation as those who are concerned and are men from inside wont be giving them out, not until we see the forst squadron,,

regards!

Take out the first 3 prototypes from this list as they were the ones before JF-17 evolved into its current form. Pt-04 is no where to be seen in latest pictures, which would mean it may have been transferred to operational status or as a testing & evaluation plane in Kamra, the Pt-06 is in China, having been seen to have Chinese Communication gear, meaning China is either evaluating it or testing it for further upgrades as per its requirements or for export customers or may be just testing to make it more better in the coming Blocks.

I agree with arsalanaslam123 that none of the prototypes would have been converted to operational planes. We saw photos of PT04 at IDEAS2008. In fact some of the best pictures to appear recently were of PT04 with a full load of A2G weapons - see here:

http://img84.imageshack.us/i/20090605a564e276977da0f.jpg/

[http://img136.imageshack.us/i/20090605ea6438d35e05678.jpg/

http://img267.imageshack.us/i/fc1041.jpg/

woops, amazing
tha plane took off with wepons,
dropped them
and is landing back with all the weapons intact,, it realy is a 10th generation stunt,,,
Just kidding friends!

regards!

woops, amazing
tha plane took off with wepons,
dropped them
and is landing back with all the weapons intact,, it realy is a 10th generation stunt,,,
Just kidding friends!

regards!

:D :D :D ... I will explain the above further ... it has aerial rearming ... that is one top secret of the JF-17 ... can fly into a hot zone, drop bombs, fly out and meet a cargo plane and get more bombs and be back in the hot zone within minutes ... :D :D :D

I agree with arsalanaslam123 that none of the prototypes would have been converted to operational planes. We saw photos of PT04 at IDEAS2008. In fact some of the best pictures to appear recently were of PT04 with a full load of A2G weapons - see here:

That's what i said too, the first 3 prototypes can not be inducted as they are the old design, before JF-17 evolved into the Pt-04 design.

Pt-04 is with Pakistan, don't know if it has been changed into PAF colors or not, but if was shown in IDEAS 08 in the original Prototype scheme.

PT-06 as said is with China, flown by the Chinese for may be many reasons.

That's what i said too, the first 3 prototypes can not be inducted as they are the old design, before JF-17 evolved into the Pt-04 design.

Pt-04 is with Pakistan, don't know if it has been changed into PAF colors or not, but if was shown in IDEAS 08 in the original Prototype scheme.

PT-06 as said is with China, flown by the Chinese for may be many reasons.

Sorry I misunderstood you. ... ... However I thought PT04 stayed in China too as much as it is to PAF configuration. I somehow expect it to remain in China for continued development of anything JF-17, i.e. PAF (not FC-1) development. If the Chinese are developing AESA for PAF, they will need PT04. If they are to help integrate an French engine, they will need PT04 to play with.

Sorry I misunderstood you. ... ... However I thought PT04 stayed in China too as much as it is to PAF configuration. I somehow expect it to remain in China for continued development of anything JF-17, i.e. PAF (not FC-1) development. If the Chinese are developing AESA for PAF, they will need PT04. If they are to help integrate an French engine, they will need PT04 to play with.

Check out the Pic in Post#81, the Chinese have Pt#06 for their testing & evaluation. Also see the difference in the communication antennas under the nose & on middle top of the fuselage. Ignore the rail difference as it has been wrongly mentioned. Pt#06 has Chinese origin communication antennas while our JF-17 have western origin communication antennas. So one prototype with China, Kamra will have definitely at least 2 or so planes for testing & evaluation purposes, so most probably Pt#04 will be with PAF for testing & Pt#06 with China.

I think all the prototypes will be also upgraded to operational level but will never enter squadron life and will be there with CAC and PAC as test beds. These machines will go under extensive refit of different radars, antenna, Weapons control systems, etc. etc.

As far as current number of Thunders are concerned mark my word they are not more than 10. I am talking about Thunders who are flying and on which PAF is currently doing weapon testing no ones in PAC or CAC being built. PAC will role 6-8 more by end of year to form first squadron at Peshawar Base.

I have 3 questions for which i couldnt get the answer any where.

Does any one have any diagram or pictures marking places where the two poposed additional hard points will be.

Does PAF wanted onboard oxygen genarator and is there any chinese system available for jf17

and third. how much more thrust will make jf17 supercruise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom