What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEL not sure about that. but for sure it has less RCS because of small size. and if modren techs more used then even lesser.

Rafael has something near 0.5 and at times france start comparing it with f-22. 0.6 (half of F-16's rcs) is a big thing. It might be achieved in later variants if our engineers really do some Hard work.

A little old but conformation of SD-10s for thunder.....

Copyright AFP (Agence France-Presse), 2006

ALSO THIS NEWS IN THE PRINT

Pakistan to buy 98 hi-tech aircraft from US and ChinaMUSHTAQ GHUMMAN
ISLAMABAD (April 13 2006): Pakistan will purchase 98 hi-tech aircraft from the United States and China besides missiles and other equipment to improve the capabilities of Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

According to an official document, exclusively obtained by Business Recorder, mixed package of hi-tech aircraft and equipment is being purchased from USA and China are as under:

FC-20 aircraft (36), SD-10 BVR missiles (300), F-16 A/B, ex-Pakistan (26), F-16 C/D (18 with an option for 18 more), BVR, 500(American), targeting pods 18 and joint direct attack munitions (500).

The expenditure on the entire package would be met from PAF share in Armed Forces Development Programme (AFFDP-2019), the document says. The Cabinet, according to the document, has allowed PAF to set up Joint Working Group (JWG) with CATIC for procurement of 36 FC-20 aircraft.

The government would also help PAF in securing long-term credit financing for the FC-20 aircraft from Chinese government, besides allowing PAF to initiate a Letter of Request (LoR) for the F-16 package and equipment through the Defence Ministry.

While elaborating the background, Defence Ministry said that PAF gave a presentation to the President and Prime Minister on the state of present fighter fleet and its various hi-tech aircraft options on March 31, 2006.

At present, PAF's combat fleet consists of around 350 aircraft. The bulk of its inventory comprises old Mirages and Chinese-origin A-5, FT-6 and F-7 aircraft. With the exception of F-7 PGs, most of these aircraft are more than 20 years old and are scheduled to retire between 2008 and 2015.

Foreseeing this retirement schedule and the known difficulties associated with replacing all old aircraft with western equipment, PAF embarked upon the co-development of JF-17 aircraft. The induction of JF-17 has been planned so as to have a systematic replacement of the retired fleet.

Regarding hi-tech capability, PAF has seriously lagged over the years, mainly due to various geo-political and economic constraints. In order to redress this capability deficit, PAF has very carefully evaluated the hi-tech options against well-defined air staff requirements.

The requirement of multi-role aircraft with effective and modern operational capabilities, supportability, maintainability and other factors were thoroughly evaluated during the trials of available hi-tech options. In this regard, three aircraft namely, Chinese FC-20, USF-16 C/D and Swedish Grippen were evaluated.

While the US F-16 C/D and Swedish Grippen qualified against the PAF requirements, the Chinese FC-20, in its present state, lagged behind due to the lack of advanced avionics systems and weapons. For the future, however, PAF termed it as a good option with very promising growth potential to become one of the leading frontline fighters to face the challenges of the 21st century.

Further, due to the high cost of Grippen, the F-16 weapon system, along with air-to-air BVR missiles was considered to be the most suitable option to immediately address the critical capability deficit that PAF has accumulated vis-à-vis IAF.

The document suggests that the President had directed the Defence Ministry to move a summary for the Cabinet directing the Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs to adopt proactive approach to influence the United States and Chinese Governments for the release of the requisite package.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2006

French offered a package by the name of ASTRAC, the Moroccan F-1 upgrade for thunder but PAF refused as they are looking for more advanced one. ASTRAC is a very lethal package but it is primarily an upgrade package for mirages. Also. equipment offered was less than impressive. The revised specifications put forward by PAF made French to think many times. They took their time but then agreed. The current package includes only State of the art technologies and even some new ones. Check Rafale goodies folks !

A little old but conformation of SD-10s for thunder.....

Copyright AFP (Agence France-Presse), 2006

ALSO THIS NEWS IN THE PRINT

Pakistan to buy 98 hi-tech aircraft from US and ChinaMUSHTAQ GHUMMAN
ISLAMABAD (April 13 2006): Pakistan will purchase 98 hi-tech aircraft from the United States and China besides missiles and other equipment to improve the capabilities of Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

According to an official document, exclusively obtained by Business Recorder, mixed package of hi-tech aircraft and equipment is being purchased from USA and China are as under:

FC-20 aircraft (36), SD-10 BVR missiles (300), F-16 A/B, ex-Pakistan (26), F-16 C/D (18 with an option for 18 more), BVR, 500(American), targeting pods 18 and joint direct attack munitions (500).

The expenditure on the entire package would be met from PAF share in Armed Forces Development Programme (AFFDP-2019), the document says. The Cabinet, according to the document, has allowed PAF to set up Joint Working Group (JWG) with CATIC for procurement of 36 FC-20 aircraft.

The government would also help PAF in securing long-term credit financing for the FC-20 aircraft from Chinese government, besides allowing PAF to initiate a Letter of Request (LoR) for the F-16 package and equipment through the Defence Ministry.

While elaborating the background, Defence Ministry said that PAF gave a presentation to the President and Prime Minister on the state of present fighter fleet and its various hi-tech aircraft options on March 31, 2006.

At present, PAF's combat fleet consists of around 350 aircraft. The bulk of its inventory comprises old Mirages and Chinese-origin A-5, FT-6 and F-7 aircraft. With the exception of F-7 PGs, most of these aircraft are more than 20 years old and are scheduled to retire between 2008 and 2015.

Foreseeing this retirement schedule and the known difficulties associated with replacing all old aircraft with western equipment, PAF embarked upon the co-development of JF-17 aircraft. The induction of JF-17 has been planned so as to have a systematic replacement of the retired fleet.

Regarding hi-tech capability, PAF has seriously lagged over the years, mainly due to various geo-political and economic constraints. In order to redress this capability deficit, PAF has very carefully evaluated the hi-tech options against well-defined air staff requirements.

The requirement of multi-role aircraft with effective and modern operational capabilities, supportability, maintainability and other factors were thoroughly evaluated during the trials of available hi-tech options. In this regard, three aircraft namely, Chinese FC-20, USF-16 C/D and Swedish Grippen were evaluated.

While the US F-16 C/D and Swedish Grippen qualified against the PAF requirements, the Chinese FC-20, in its present state, lagged behind due to the lack of advanced avionics systems and weapons. For the future, however, PAF termed it as a good option with very promising growth potential to become one of the leading frontline fighters to face the challenges of the 21st century.

Further, due to the high cost of Grippen, the F-16 weapon system, along with air-to-air BVR missiles was considered to be the most suitable option to immediately address the critical capability deficit that PAF has accumulated vis-à-vis IAF.

The document suggests that the President had directed the Defence Ministry to move a summary for the Cabinet directing the Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs to adopt proactive approach to influence the United States and Chinese Governments for the release of the requisite package.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2006

I think PAF have 46 F-16..................could any one correct me?

I think PAF have 46 F-16..................could any one correct me?

We received around 40 F-16s in the 80s. Out of the 40, 8 were lost and the strength came to be about 32 F-16s in service.

Then under EDA, we got 14 more F-16s, and the total number became 32+14= 46. And last year in the end part, we lost a F-16 with pilot martyred, so now the figure would be like 45 planes in service hopefully.

With 18 more coming, the Blk 52s, the total will go to 45+18=63 in total.

i dont know if i'll live to see the day where we have atleast a 100 F-16..someone pass me a napkin

Rafael has something near 0.5 and at times france start comparing it with f-22. 0.6 (half of F-16's rcs) is a big thing. It might be achieved in later variants if our engineers really do some Hard work.

Ok my apoligy..... but i read this Half of f16 from a senior members comment so i just copied it... but could please any one read my last post about some chinese YFC-1E stealth fighter under development articles that i posted yesterday. page 93 of this thread please links are also there.... could any one tell what is all about

Ok my apoligy..... but i read this Half of f16 from a senior members comment so i just copied it... but could please any one read my last post about some chinese YFC-1E stealth fighter under development articles that i posted yesterday. page 93 of this thread please links are also there.... could any one tell what is all about

That is not a confirmed news, nothing official. As for a stealth version a lot of changes will have to be done. rather complete redesign in other words. Just look at F-35, any stealth version would have to be look alike of F-35. With China making its own stealth aircraft, don't think a stealth version of JF-17 will be coming.

Yeah, we can see a JF-17 with much less RCS and other stuff, which has a very reduced RCS to a minimum.

That is not a confirmed news, nothing official. As for a stealth version a lot of changes will have to be done. rather complete redesign in other words. Just look at F-35, any stealth version would have to be look alike of F-35. With China making its own stealth aircraft, don't think a stealth version of JF-17 will be coming.

Yeah, we can see a JF-17 with much less RCS and other stuff, which has a very reduced RCS to a minimum.

i agree but i have provided the links ... there are two links reporting this. and also wiki has this as well.please check it out.

i agree but i have provided the links ... there are two links reporting this. and also wiki has this as well.please check it out.

I know yaar, i read the news last year, but as said, there is no official position to it.

Stealth version means no weapons outside of the aircraft, all inside, and then you need a bigger version of JF-17, with a bigger much powerful engine, so it becomes a completely new aircraft.

With its current design, its RCS can be reduced, but making it complete stealth would be impossible. Stealth is no easy game, just see US, how much time and effort they gave into making stealth aircraft.

We received around 40 F-16s in the 80s. Out of the 40, 8 were lost and the strength came to be about 32 F-16s in service.

Then under EDA, we got 14 more F-16s, and the total number became 32+14= 46. And last year in the end part, we lost a F-16 with pilot martyred, so now the figure would be like 45 planes in service hopefully.

With 18 more coming, the Blk 52s, the total will go to 45+18=63 in total.

likelihood of 14 additional USN/EDA and possibly option of 18 new

63+14= 77 90% probability by 2012.
77+18 =95 60% probability by 2014.

Sir my hidden sense tells me that currently both PAF and PLAAF are working respectively on their stealth version of JF-17 and J-10

No specific information are published yet. Most likely candidate for Radars are RC-400 and RDY-3, and i hope PAF opts for RDY-3 which is as good as APG-68. RC-400 is rumored to be most likely chose by PAF but i hope they change their decision.
What exactly is the difference between RDY 3 and RC 400? If you check the Thales site, the the specs of both are the same:

RDY-3 - airborne fire control radar - Thales Group

RC 400 - Airborne Fire Control Radar - Thales Group

Could it be that RC 400 is just the export name of RDY 3?

Dear brother, it is not ma matter of size only, F-22 is bigger than f-16 yet it is stealth fighter, the fuselage shape among other things determinate the RCS of the plane. I just wonder if there any technical data available about the RCS for jf-17?

Best Regards
Can anybody tell me, or give a reliable source of the materials used in JF 17? How much composite materials are used?
I checked the PAC Kamra site, but couldn't find anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom