What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this pic is showing the pre production aircraft as u can see the serial number 104. the serial production will have IFR probe. and would be able to refuel from IL78

hey guyz we better keep our "kamikaze birds" fleet ready, we can use them to attack enemy bases!:rofl:
just kidding, now back to topic.

not that i know of but 2-seat tandem trainer is planned.

we dont really need a 2-seat version....if we buy few more advance k-8 trainers.

razgar we make K-8s.
2) Twin seater version doesnt nesecarily have to be a trainer it can have other special roles as well.Just like F-16 has single and twin seater versions.

razgar we make K-8s.
2) Twin seater version doesnt nesecarily have to be a trainer it can have other special roles as well.Just like F-16 has single and twin seater versions.

ok...eventhough we manufacture k-8s we still dont have enough of them!
and i think twin seat version will only decrease the fuel capacity....'cause we cant lengthen the fuselage because of low power engine.

Last edited:
ok...eventhough we manufacture k-8s we still dont have enough of them!
and i think twin seat version will only decrease the fuel capacity....'cause we cant lengthen the fuselage because of low power engine.

Have you ever heard about IFR capability?
And u ever heard about chinese engine or western engines being considered about JF17?
Ever heard about JF-17 BlockII having western avionics and new engine?
Ever heard about extra fuel tanks?

Have you ever heard about IFR capability?
And u ever heard about chinese engine or western engines being considered about JF17?
Ever heard about JF-17 BlockII having western avionics and new engine?
Ever heard about extra fuel tanks?

IFR can increase the range or time on station, but cant increase thrust to weight ratio!
and for western engines then i think u should take a look at this! china already bought a large number of engines(according to this article)
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/44135-china-buys-russian-engines-jf-17-j-10-a.html
and chinese one r not ready, maybe ws-10 is but its for j-10.
sure we can use extra fuel tanks but it will decrease the number of bombs/missiles...
anywayy no need to argue, peace out!

Talking about an aircraft which has completed 1301 successful flight tests...lol:lol:

wow! sounds like LCA has become the world's most 'tested' aircraft ;) if not, it sure sounds like it will make it one day!

btw, will its testing ever be over?

wow! sounds like LCA has become the world's most 'tested' aircraft ;) if not, it sure sounds like it will make it one day!

btw, will its testing ever be over?

Yes, it is the most tested aircraft.... You know why??? we started this aircraft without any basic know how to create a Modern fighter aircraft.

100% Indian effort in this..... We tried doing each and everything for this system... We even created MMR and Kaveri engines...

Kaveri is undergoing evaluation in france and Our MMR is being co developed with Israel...... Avionics and softwares everything Indian...

You know something, This aircraft was started as a 3rd gen aircraft in 1980's, the IAF's demands changed ever sice and Now it is a 4.5 gen aircraft ready for induction, as It has been given LSP and will get IOC soon....

If you havent seen this video, I advise u to see it

Last edited by a moderator:
Joke:
IAF just got their new LCA fighter planes and sent a squadron
of pilots for training.
Ok, this one is easy to fly", said the LCA trainer, even fools should be able to operate it! You press this button to go up, this one to go left and this one for turning right!" But how do we come down?" asked a IAF polit, Oh," said the trainer "leave that to the PAF!* :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes, it is the most tested aircraft.... You know why??? we started this aircraft without any basic know how to create a Modern fighter aircraft.

100% Indian effort in this..... We tried doing each and everything for this system... We even created MMR and Kaveri engines...

Kaveri is undergoing evaluation in france and Our MMR is being co developed with Israel...... Avionics and softwares everything Indian...

You know something, This aircraft was started as a 3rd gen aircraft in 1980's, the IAF's demands changed ever sice and Now it is a 4.5 gen aircraft ready for induction, as It has been given LSP and will get IOC soon....

If you havent seen this video, I advise u to see it

YouTube - LCA (light combat aircraft) HAL TEJAS.

Yeah I understand that India 'tried' to make an indigenous fighter and tried to reinvent the wheel, due to this same reason the project has taken so long and so many test flights and ground tests have taken place. I don't think that was a smart decision to start with and we also know that how much indigenous the aircraft is now in its current state.

Yeah I understand that India 'tried' to make an indigenous fighter and tried to reinvent the wheel, due to this same reason the project has taken so long and so many test flights and ground tests have taken place. I don't think that was a smart decision to start with and we also know that how much indigenous the aircraft is now in its current state.

"tried"? I fail to understand this negative undercurrent which is considered normal out here. Being a pakistani, I understand that the norm is to ridicule anything Indian. I am sure similar sentiments are also the norm among most indians here. However, take a step back and think what Indian's have achieved with the LCA! IAF pilots flying the jet have found it to handle better than mirage 2000 time and again. The technologies developed for the LCA now form the core of india's capabilities. Most of these systems saw offshoot developments for upgrades (jaguar, mig's etc) and many systems/ sub-systems in mki. This in itself should give an indication of how good the said systems are (with IAF not going for similar foreign systems)! Today, the problems with the engine and the radar are being solved. These developments have paved the way for technologies for AMCA and the FGFA. If anyone says it is a "dumb" decision, all I can say is that he/she is dillusional!

PS: LCA is a reality! I have seen posts all around which are essentially baseless rant! I would urge all sides (indians/ pakistanis/ chinese) not to disregard other peoples achievements with such rampant disregard. There is nothing healthy in such discussion!

india tejas , as with pakistans jf17 are right on track to be worthy replacement to all the obselete aircraft in both the airforces ,
no amount of bashing or ridicule from either side is going to change that........
also pakistani friends should come up new arguments now( tejas being a paper plane wont work now;))........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom