What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope best available radar and missile system paf should buy for JF 17 so we make it more lethal day by day

i hope paf should go for best available option of radars and missiles for JF 17 Thunder INSHAHALLAH

The darters are there for some time now. PAF asked for source codes from S. Africans to be integrated on Mirages and they were provided. The Mil STD 1760 bus is compatible with most medium range air to air missiles. Darters can be used on thunders as per my knowledge, it should not be a problem. Same goes for AMRAAM on jf-17, if source codes are not given, then it cannot be integrated on thunder.

More technical details of SD-10A AAM revealed

At the 2009 Paris Air Show, AVIC revealed more technical details of SD-10A active radar guided AAM. A designer of this AAM claims that SD-10A is a 4th generation air-to-air missile and has been fitted on the PLA Air Force’s J8F and J10A fighters.

(For full story, please refer to November 2009 Issue of Kanwa Asian Defence.)

when are we getting the SD-10s for our JFs? currently seems like the first BLK of JFs will have no Air to Air refuelling capability,neither will it have a western avionics suite! no idea when will it get SD-10! i also doubt if it will get the AIM120 source codes!

seems like we going to have a pretty plain BLK 1 for the JFs!

Zubair

The ranges you wrote are not maximum ranges for both KLJ radars. They are detection ranges in look up and look down modes as per the radar antenna movement. Total search ranges for both are still classified but i believe that for KLJ-7, it should be around 150-160 kms and for KLJ-10, should be at least 220-250 kms. How i said this? Well, the Grifo M3 radar was made on the basis of apg 68 radar and has a total search range of 140 km and it is a known fact that KLJ-7, at the moment is the most capable fighter aircraft radar in service with PAF (as per the brochure) unless it is replaced with an even more capable one (suspected candidate is RDY 3/ RC-400).

But exact and sure proves are not available on internet.

They will never be released on the internet for obvious reason that is, the surprise factor which can benefit us in a war scenario heavily. There is so much more going on in Pakistan Military behind curtains and what we get to know is only a fraction of it. Israelis also follow this policy as it has its advantages in the longer run.

Sd-10 seems to be a capable MRAAM but it is still new and is being tested by China. PAF is having a close eye on it and is willing to induct it in the near future in the mean time it needs to mature since it is China's first attempt in the arena of active radar guided MRAAM technology. They are also looking for another option from the west that most of us are aware of i.e. MICA.

Sd-10 seems to be a capable MRAAM but it is still new and is being tested by China. PAF is having a close eye on it and is willing to induct it in the near future in the mean time it needs to mature since it is China's first attempt in the arena of active radar guided MRAAM technology. They are also looking for another option from the west that most of us are aware of i.e. MICA.

SD-10s induction in PLAAF has started, meaning it is ready.

@Taimikhan

I agree with you bro as they have begun the induction three years ago but PAF wants it to mature a little more. This is why we saw the "A" variant developed and there is a high possibility that PAF might just go for it.

Last edited:
@Taimikhan

I agree with you bro as they have begun the induction a three years ago but PAF wants it to mature a little more. This is why we saw the "A" variant developed and there is a high possibility that PAF might just go for it.

Yeah, agreed nothing bad in seeing it mature enough to get inducted.

But PAF should start testing it on their own and see what it has. In the weapons testing phase of JF-17 in Pakistan, PAF should try it our against different targets in different scenarios, to check out its reliability.

Chinese are gonna make this their main BVR missile in the coming years, till the newer models come online.

The darters are there for some time now. PAF asked for source codes from S. Africans to be integrated on Mirages and they were provided. The Mil STD 1760 bus is compatible with most medium range air to air missiles. Darters can be used on thunders as per my knowledge, it should not be a problem. Same goes for AMRAAM on jf-17, if source codes are not given, then it cannot be integrated on thunder.

American don't give source codes......you should know it

We all know it and hence AMRAAM not possible on thunders but darter, sd-10 and even mica are very possible as french can be bargained on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom