What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All, given that no western country will sell the PAF a high tech fighter, nor can Pakistan afford one, what other choice does the PAF have? Which country will transfer aerospace tecnology (granted it is not cutting edge) to Pakistan? Kindly please tell me.

Not to digress from the JF-17 thread to much... No one needs to strangulate Pakistan, that country is doing an excellent job on its own. Given the lack of law and order, the drying up foreign investment, sectarian attacks, lack of energy, rampant corruption and high debt servicing costs it is stangling itself. Pakistan's debt serving costs are going up, and that is only going to strangle further investments and economic growth, and that will further constrain its economy. Take care.

i think we had better choice than F7 and old mirages. as i read history we were offered Mirage2000, Panavia Tornado, and even Mig29 and Su27 by Ukrain. Atleast i think these all options were much better than F7 or old ex aussies/french/spanish mirages 3/5.

Ok we have these option's

but what about their spare parts, maintenance and training, supply of spare parts and in case of war what guarantee do we have that we will not be embargoed.

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Hi, in the late 90s, the Ukraine offered the PAF Su-27s and MiG-29s, but could not provide/guarantee spares. As such, Pakistan would have to approach Russia for spares and maintenance, and that killed that option. The Panavia Tornado was offered, but was the most expensive of all planes to maintain and fly per hour. Lastly, the PAF did approach Sweden for the Griphen, but I remember reading the US killed that request as they were still under the Pressler amendment and the Griphen has a GE 404 derivative engine. Thanks!

Ok we have these option's

but what about their spare parts, maintenance and training, supply of spare parts and in case of war what guarantee do we have that we will not be embargoed.

Why the hell then Buy F16??? just enlighten me... i think F16 is more sanction prone than french mirage2000 or Ukrain's Mig29 offer.

Why the hell then Buy F16??? just enlighten me... i think F16 is more sanction prone than french mirage2000 or Ukrain's Mig29 offer.

Because PAF already operates F-16 and is familiar from inside out of the plane. You cant just induct a jet like this, it takes years for a new platform to fully integrated into the infrastructure of an airforce.

Buddy i think you just justified development of JF-17.................:tup: End of debate......

:cheers:

dear i never said we should not go for thunder. i was actually talking about the late 80's and whole of 90's . what we bought in this period.. F7 A5 and refurbished Old mirages. i think we should have gone for something better even if small in numbers.

and about thunder well im proud that pakistan is one of few in the world now manufacturing fighter jet. and hope so it keeps on developing.

Because PAF already operates F-16 and is familiar from inside out of the plane. You cant just induct a jet like this, it takes years for a new platform to fully integrated into the infrastructure of an airforce.

Yes sir i know that and thats why PAF went for more F16 . but it is a fact that F16 is a sanction prone fighter for pakistan. But i think now somewhat PAF can handle if sanctions are there again.

No that is not the answer as we had also been operating Mirages 3/5's and a version of Mig 21 (F-7) so M2K and Mig 29 were not entirely new platforms for us. However there were different issues,

1. Mig 29 was twin engine thus expensive to maintain while Sir Fatman17 has already shed light on drawbacks of M2K.

2. For spare parts of Mig we had to contact Russia so it was totally out of question, spare parts of M2K from French were extremely expensive and in the third corner it was Uncle SAM. So what do you when you're between a rock and a hard place?

Anyways he has already answered his own question of "Why PAF choose to develop JF-17 and didn't go for western air crafts"

Hi, I also remember that Pakistan tried to buy the M2K in 1994 and then in 1995 again. However, the French ministry of finance would not clear the loans for Pakistan, due to its financial situation. I clearly remember reading that in a couple of journals back in the 90s. Take care.

dear i never said we should not go for thunder. i was actually talking about the late 80's and whole of 90's . what we bought in this period.. F7 A5 and refurbished Old mirages. i think we should have gone for something better even if small in numbers.

and about thunder well im proud that pakistan is one of few in the world now manufacturing fighter jet. and hope so it keeps on developing.

As far as i know during the 80's PAF purchased one of the best fighter jets available i.e F-16 in the 40 odd number we have now. During the 90's we were under US sanctions hence couldn't buy anymore hardware that even had an American nail embedded into it. The only other options available at that time were France, Russia and China, and since French planes were far too expansive, so basically PAF had no other option except to buy from China.

because for those new plans we have to build the entire infrastructure for maintenance and rebuild purpose on all main basis and it costs a hell lot

and for f-16

we have enough knowledge on f-16, and we can buy spare parts form turkey and also from some Arabian countries and from black market as there are many countries using f-16 and we have already full infrastructure to rebuild and maintain the aircraft, so we only need to pay for the aircrafts, the some traning

Last edited:

jani

that decade is known as lost decade in the history of PAF

from that decade we learnt that when uncle Sam’s interest is fulfilled

than your value is even lower than an aunt

:sniper::sniper: :usflag:

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan:

I started my post with asking you to qoute a source but found it my self on the offical website

static display
Farnborough - Aircraft - Static Aircraft Listings

flying display
Farnborough - Aircraft - Daily Flying Display

its from 19- to 25th of July and guess what I plan to be there. if anyone from UK wants to join me then let me know so that we can meet up
might as well take some pictures or movies (if allowed) for the forum

farnborough airshow is an Icon for the best air shows
regards

coming back to the topic and my original question
anyone from UK coming to Frarnbough Airshow? I will be going there on 24or 25th of July-10 on Saturday & sunday airdisplay to see JF 17 thunder.

hope to make movies and take pictures. my brother will be taking me there.

send me a PM if you want to meet up there

regards

coming back to the topic and my original question
anyone from UK coming to Frarnbough Airshow? I will be going there on 24or 25th of July-10 on Saturday & sunday airdisplay to see JF 17 thunder.

hope to make movies and take pictures. my brother will be taking me there.

send me a PM if you want to meet up there

regards

Please Bro do that until we will not see this baby in action out of pakistan the whole thread will discuss silly things again and again.
:pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom