What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree...In fact if we go by various articles quoting PAF officials it was made clear to GOP that

a) PAF lacks BVR capability and thus uneven with IAF capabilities
b) Any intervention by PAF would surely be matched by response from IAF and then there would be no point of return...

I agree with Sabre that any conflict where Air Forces will meet would be a full-fledge war...Now you may want to call it Cold-Start and thus limit the area of conflict and hope International Pressure would keep it short but one thing is sure the war would on all fronts....

Keep underestimating and keep ur self in dark :D.
The same thing that happened in 65 and 71 wars....when ur IAF was confident ....but ur IAF lost badly.....
Tell me any conflict when ur IAF have ever edge on PAF. :D

Increase ur knowledge......Pakistan have 100+ Mirages and 20+ JF-17.s that have and can BVR missiles.
Dont forget, this year 50 + (30 new + 20 upgraded) F-16's would also becomes BVR capable

What is the current rate of thunder production in PAC and in china. Is there any plan for China to Ramp up its production?

On average 1 AC takes 4 to 5 months to develop in KAMRA (including test flights). 5-7 units parallel manufautred in KAMRA.

China onaverage 1 AC takes 4 to 5 months to develop (including test flights). 7-9 units parallel manufautred.

The speed of manufacturing will increase in 2011
Noe:- Its on my prediction, no source available

In the middle of price tags like $50,60 70 & 100 millions for fighter jets, if any one can get a good fighter for $15 then it is good bargain. Pakistan is lucky to have such a good strategic partner.

I believe pure Chinese JF17 with Chinese avionics and engine would be around that price.

I am not sure how many countries can afford 5th gen crafts with price tag of 100 to 200Million . may be china would come up with one similar to jf17.

Can jf17 carry weapon over the wing like Jaguar. this can increase the hard points without redesigning the wing.

No need to carry the weapons over wings.

On average 1 AC takes 4 to 5 months to develop in KAMRA (including test flights). 5-7 units parallel manufautred in KAMRA.

China onaverage 1 AC takes 4 to 5 months to develop (including test flights). 7-9 units parallel manufautred.

The speed of manufacturing will increase in 2011
Noe:- Its on my prediction, no source available

2010-11 - 15 per year
2012 - 25 per year till 2014

Kamra total = 90 a/c
balance supplied from China = 60 a/c for a total of 150 a/c.

2010-11 - 15 per year
2012 - 25 per year till 2014

Kamra total = 90 a/c
balance supplied from China = 60 a/c for a total of 150 a/c.

i dont think 25 per year from 2012 is possible ... u can take indian Mki as a example

i dont think 25 per year from 2012 is possible ... u can take indian Mki as a example

but MKI is in a totally different league my friend
correct me if I am wrong but MKI is your front line air suppiriority fighter
its bigger more advanced platform whereas JF thunder is only at par with F16 more like a stop gap to fill in the numbers and replace the more aged planes.

so given the role and limited requrements (vs MKI) a higher number will be possible. I wont comment at 25 give or take because dont think anyone in this forum will have such absolute information.

my point was try comparing like with like maybe with LCA?
regards

Keep underestimating and keep ur self in dark :D.
The same thing that happened in 65 and 71 wars....when ur IAF was confident ....but ur IAF lost badly.....
Tell me any conflict when ur IAF have ever edge on PAF. :D

Increase ur knowledge......Pakistan have 100+ Mirages and 20+ JF-17.s that have and can BVR missiles.
Dont forget, this year 50 + (30 new + 20 upgraded) F-16's would also becomes BVR capable

your post is very patriotic and emotional but sadly lacks the ground my dear

the planes you quoted in PAF inventory are relics by todays standard.

I would just quote this incident.

remember when an Indian Mig 25 Foxbat broke the sound barrier above Islamabad back in 1997? what could PAF do? and now Foxbat is replaced with even more capable planes

our front line fighter is F16. if you quote that then Indians quote Mig29, Mirage 2000 and Su30.... list goes on

I am sorry dont want to talk down JF17 but seeing is believing
its just a copy in design but if it can deliver the goods remains to be seen
if its touted to be at par or as good as an F-16 then I would like to see actual footage or description of live exercise between the two fighters in combat

Last edited:
According to Sir Parvez Shamim on Pakdef forum regarding Thunder's presence in Farnborough Airshow....

"Two JF-17 will be present at the airshow. One will be for the static display and other for a flying display. JF-17 will be presented with an export configuration and debut with Boeing 787. First five days are reserved for trade delegations and JF-17 is expected to draw major attention. JF-17 will have daily flying display along with its Western counterparts.

Though CATIC will be the sponsor, PAF pilots will be flying the JF-17

According to Sir Parvez Shamim on Pakdef forum regarding Thunder's presence in Farnborough Airshow....

"Two JF-17 will be present at the airshow. One will be for the static display and other for a flying display. JF-17 will be presented with an export configuration and debut with Boeing 787. First five days are reserved for trade delegations and JF-17 is expected to draw major attention. JF-17 will have daily flying display along with its Western counterparts.

Though CATIC will be the sponsor, PAF pilots will be flying the JF-17

When exactly is this show happening and where? Cant wait for the JF-17 to perform for the very first time in international airshows competing against its Western counterparts.:yahoo:

This is pure fallacy which has been debunked many times on this forum. The reason why PAF didnt engage the IAF is because all the combat took place on Indian territory and not Pakistani. Heck even the Pakistani Army was not fully mobilised, not a single division was taking part in combat. If PAF would have engaged the IAF and God forbid if the enemy plane would have crashed on Indian soil, the conflict would have blown into a full scale war. So we all should be thankfull that cool heads prevailed and neither side engaged each other.

You are putting too much emphasis on BVR Capabilites, maybe your forgetting but PAF has been practising Anti BVR Tactics since the Afghan War when the Soviets introduced the MIG 29's. Just ask the Turks how good our Anti BVR maneuvers are, their superior F16's couldnt get a lock on our planes. A pilot has a better chance of getting a kill in WVR, also BVR isnt really needed when your enemy is right next door.

It simply depends on the circumstances, but there is a very high probability that a small skirmish will lead to a full scale war. I can assure you that Post Mumbai if the F16 would have shot down the MKI over Kashmir and the wreckage fallen on the Indian side, the conflict would certinely have blown to a full scale war.

This is what exactly the Indian plan looks like, a quick thrust and humiliate the enemy before things get out of hand.

Anti BVR tactics of PAF:rofl:

Shooting down of modern MKI by ancient PAF F-16 :rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom