What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
woow man,whats left more???:what: may be they can also include building of roads, bridges and infrastructure:confused: it looks more like 'rejuvination of indian armed forces deal' rather then MMRCA deal.:undecided:

Yup.. but thats how it is! india is asking all of it but how much they succeed in squezing out of the supplier is another thing. Much of it is officially part of RFP and rest are (unethical) bargains out of RFP.

Indian foreign and defence ministry had made principle descion about supplier state, more than a year ago. Only critics and InAF needed to be convinced and out come of recent Red Flag excercise has great impact on InAF where they learned to respect F-16, rather in a hard way.

the deal may well become a mess that the foreign office will have to cler up. i mean, the foreign relation with some supplier may be at stake in this deal,, well friends 10 billion dollar is some money to get anyone angry or happy, specially in the current economic recession!!

regards!

I was going through one of the south African forum and they underplayed jf-17 against SAAB Gripen too much. What do you guys think how these two fighters are compareable.

I was going through one of the south African forum and they underplayed jf-17 against SAAB Gripen too much. What do you guys think how these two fighters are compareable.

You will notice that Chinese people don't get all worked up over all this "fan-boyism". This sort of fan-boyism is a sign of deep insecurity in oneself. Even if we are weaker, dumber, slower, etc -- we need to maintain 'calmness of mind'. Hope you understand my message. :wave:

I do understand all this "Third world jet" comments and I dont mind all that But I dont have good knowledge of fighter aircrafts so I just wanted to know what the guys on this forum say. After all I do find some pride in making a lethal fighter jet of 21st century.

In your own experience, when you purchase something, you will find that you always justify it, you always will "sell" it over and over - it makes you look good, you made a smart decision - it's just a fact. fighter aircraft are better contrasted than compared, but this is a rather meaningless exercise, after all isn't training, support infrastructure, knowledge of adversary's capablity and tactics and the development of effective counter tactics?

See, to say something worthwhile about any of these aircraft, a very complex statement would have to be presented. 3rd world, xworld, these are similarly senseless notions, regardless of where it was built, a bullet accurately delivered, will kill in the same manner as any other.

..... a bullet accurately delivered, will kill in the same manner as any other.

Very true. Also, I find it awkward that a South African defence website would "sneer" at China being "3rd world". :angel::wave:

Furthermore, China is not far off from Japan (which is 1st or 2nd if you think USA is 1st). :pop: Now we all know the top 3 military superpowers are, without me having to suggest it. :flame:

I am glad you have brought the "South Africa is better" mentality into question. ... ... How many times have we seen posts here claiming "the JF-17 will improve because of South African radar and missiles?". ... ... Just last week I posted questioning that very line of thinking. The much said South African BVR is nothing more that the Derby with 40km range. South Africa has decided to stop using it because they get critical components from Israel, i.e. more confirmation that it is a copy of the Derby. South Africa "made" Cheetahs but they had to import air frames and avionics from Israel. They told the world the idea that they were making weapons on their own to protect countries that were helping them bust sanctions. ... ... People overate South Africa ... ... the South Africans overate themselves too. Ignorance is bliss!

well, the anti-JF post on a forum cannot lead us to think that "south African is not good"
well i have nothing much to say about radars or weapon system for JF17 as for me, SD10 is good enough and when we will need to change the radar we might go for some italian or french system and perhaps couple i with there missiles and use the whole pack on JF, South Africe do not hae much to offer then what we can have from China or even can develop it at home in this respect!
however, attack helicopter is a feild where one will love to have relation with SA as option other then the WZ10, and T129!!

regards!

well bro, south african defence forum not only underplayed jf-17 but also J-10 against gripen 39C . No doubt gripen is a great plane may be somewat better then jf-17 but its not the eight wonder of the world. The reason they call it epitome of LCA,s is because of the amount of western inputs(specially american) in this aircarft. however jf-17 in its current status has come a long way from its earlier specs and has become quite comparable to gripen(although NG would be totally a different story), which by itself is a great achievement.South Africans are not the producers of gripen but just users of it, the only reason they are bothered about it,is their fealing of insecurity from zimbwabwe, incase it is able to get Jf-17,where the thunder will eliminate the air superiority of south africa over zimbwabwe,its just similar as the thunder would do in the indo-pak case. by the way i think Tempest II is also the member of south african defence forum, so y not to start a comparison thread b/w the thunder and the gripen:what: as both planes are from the same class and it would be much more resonable then comparing with other planes like f-16 and su 30 etc.

well bro, south african defence forum not only underplayed jf-17 but also J-10 against gripen 39C . No doubt gripen is a great plane may be somewat better then jf-17 but its not the eight wonder of the world. The reason they call it epitome of LCA,s is because of the amount of western inputs(specially american) in this aircarft. however jf-17 in its current status has come a long way from its earlier specs and has become quite comparable to gripen(although NG would be totally a different story), which by itself is a great achievement.South Africans are not the producers of gripen but just users of it, the only reason they are bothered about it,is their fealing of insecurity from zimbwabwe, incase it is able to get Jf-17,where the thunder will eliminate the air superiority of south africa over zimbwabwe,its just similar as the thunder would do in the indo-pak case. by the way i think Tempest II is also the member of south african defence forum, so y not to start a comparison thread b/w the thunder and the gripen:what: as both planes are from the same class and it would be much more resonable then comparing with other planes like f-16 and su 30 etc.

Start the thread yourself I already got a lot of bashing from senior members:cry:

sorry for the intruption:taz: guys,but plz can any one explain me wat is H4 and H2
and i will b very thankfull if any body shows me its picturs.
regards

sorry for the intruption:taz: guys,but plz can any one explain me wat is H4 and H2
and i will b very thankfull if any body shows me its picturs.
regards

well some take it to be BVRAAM but as far as i knoe this is not the case. i guess many confuse the BVR part. ofcourse they are BVR ie beyond visual range missiles but meant for ground attacks!!
not a BVRAAM that is Beyond visual range air-to-air missile!!
infact they are guided penetration bombs classified as anti-runway and anti-bunker bombs!
i hope this will help,

regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom