What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry friend I am not being rude Its just when you don't know don't say it, It just separates you from who you are, We have more than 8 , and PAC will produce more than 6. The 4 you are talking are 5 we already have them 2 are completed 3 are in Phase 6. There are 8 phases the thunder has to goto becoming a complete Fighter, That includes all the avionics, Radar and **** load of stuff Which Pakistan has chosen for its Thunders.:cheers:

Murad Sir, the FC-1 # 06 Prototype with Chinese styled communication antennas on the fuselage & under the nose does that suggest china is still interested in acquiring FC-1 for PLAAF ?? Any news of whats the specialty about this 06 prototype is ???

Plus, i had asked once before, have the chinese PGMs & Blue Sky FLIR & targeting pod tested on JF-17 ??? And are these two items in service with other platforms of PAF, the chinese PGMs & Blue Sky?

:what:
I think by, JF-17 #10 u r refering to the one in background. If PAF is going to rase the first sqardren (probably 18 planes) by the end of this year then atleast 4 of them will be comming from china as PAC will only produce 6 of them this year,and we have 8 thunders already which leaves us to the logical conclusion of 4 comming from china.
The one standing infront seems to be an earlier prototype,the air intakes are not DSI, which might suggest JF-17 #10 is also in china parked beside an earlier prototype,, any thoughts:azn:

well i see the number to be 01 ans not 10!
moreover the intakes do not seem to be the DSI ones to be installed on the production models!

regards!

moreover the intakes do not seem to be the DSI ones to be installed on the production models!

regards!

Bro, thats the prototype, look at the rudder in the back ground. 09-110 in PAF Grey camouflage.

Well, i guess the new squadron of JF-17 is very near, as A-5 have totally seized to be flying these days, haven't seen any huge A-5 activity for the past 4 weeks.
Once in while one or two go up in the air, but the weekly huge exercises of non-stop activity is no where to be seen, which might be that pilots & ground staff are busy on JF-17 training & stuff.

Inshallh it will be operational by the end of this year! may even be earlier than expected!
guys i just wann repeat the saem thing that the project is going at a pase more than most of us had expected. PAF is well on track to acheive the goal of required number well within time!

i guess Sir. Murad Khan can support my views!

regards!

Bro, thats the prototype, look at the rudder in the back ground. 09-110 in PAF Grey camouflage.

yeap i got it.
i was also of the view that the first plane that is vmore prominent was the prototype!

regards!

Sorry friend I am not being rude Its just when you don't know don't say it, It just separates you from who you are, We have more than 8 , and PAC will produce more than 6. The 4 you are talking are 5 we already have them 2 are completed 3 are in Phase 6. There are 8 phases the thunder has to goto becoming a complete Fighter, That includes all the avionics, Radar and **** load of stuff Which Pakistan has chosen for its Thunders.:cheers:

i would like to applogise sir,if i had said something wrong. well indead i never knew that we were having more then 8,not from confirmed sources, but now as u confirmed it ,thanks 4 that. and on the other hand if PAC is producing more then 6 this year that is even a batter news, but the impression i got from the news and other sources was that PAC will produce 6 this year. The 4 which i was talking about comming from china was a pure guess work.
regards

Well, i guess the new squadron of JF-17 is very near, as A-5 have totally seized to be flying these days, haven't seen any huge A-5 activity for the past 4 weeks.
Once in while one or two go up in the air, but the weekly huge exercises of non-stop activity is no where to be seen, which might be that pilots & ground staff are busy on JF-17 training & stuff.

ya something which I noticed too, it seems that everything has gone quite from the past few days. well it will be honour that first squadron will be rased in peshawar,but we will also miss the roars of A-5s and F-7s which certianly severd us so well for so loong.I belive the growling of thunders will soon over-shadow the roars of A-5s. regards.

regards!

Look closely, there are two planes. The one in front is PT-01 and doesn't have the DSI while the one at the back is 110.

201396f7f94ef0c6617e3353749afd6d.jpg

does that mean PAF has over 8 JF-17s? is that the 9th jf-17?

That is additional to the 8 JF-17s we have. The JF-17 serials start from 101 so this is the 10th not the 9th. By 2008, we had 8 of them. This one, as can be seen from the serial, was built in 2009.

Note also that it might come in a semi-knock down state (like the earlier ones) and its re-assembly and flight testing performed at Kamra. Similarly, around 6 of these planes are currently being manufactured at Kamra to be completed by end of this year.

I am not sure if it have been handed over to PAF formally already or not but there certainly should be more than 8 JF-17s in Pakistan most probably at production or post-production (flight testing) stage at PAC.

The photos of 109 and 110 are for a Chinese factory. If you watch the video you will see some Chinese characters on the walls.

Question: When aircraft are supplied in knocked down kits, do they fully assemble the planes and test them before disassembling (i.e. knock down) and shipping? … … or do they just send the kits without first fully assembling a working aircraft?

Considering that China and Pakistan share a border, it seems easier that 109 and 110 fly under their own power to Pakistan. I don’t see the benefit of spending days disassembling, crating, shipping and re-assembling and re-testing. I would think the planes flew on their own.

I would also think for the other handful of plane, the Chinese would not have needed to fully assemble them at all.

I hope I am making sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom