What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 Thunder Aircrafts Squadron to be set up in Peshawar: Air Chief
PESHAWAR: Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, who is undertaking his inaugural visits to various PAF Bases after assuming the command of Pakistan Air Force, visited PAF Base, Peshawar on Friday.

On his arrival at the Base, he was presented with Guard of Honor by smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force. He also reviewed the parade presented by the base personnel, according to a press release of PAF Media Affair.

Addressing the Airmen, Air Chief said, “The first ever Fighter Squadron of JF-17 Thunder aircraft will be raised and stationed at Pakistan Air Force Base, Peshawar.

By the end of year 2009, full strength of JF-17 Thunder aircraft squadron, which will also be the first ever squadron in the world, will be operational at PAF Base, Peshawar”.

While addressing a joint session of Airmen, the Air Chief said, “The cardinal points of my vision are Integrity, Professional Excellence and Teamwork. The top most priority will remain operational preparedness of PAF.

JF-17 Thunder Aircrafts Squadron to be set up in Peshawar: Air Chief - GEO.tv

as expected!:pakistan:

Indeed good news and another mile stone in Pakistan's history.

good !i am looking forward to victory that JF-17 beat LCA!
To loose or win a fight one need to fight.
I doubt that IAF will ever be able to use HAL TEJA as a combat aircraft.
Very much similar to Arjun which will never be fielded as a MBT.

Last edited by a moderator:
To loose or win a fight one need to fight.
I doubt that IAF will ever be able to use HAL TEJA as a combat aircraft.
Very much similar to Arjun which will never be fielded as a MBT.
Don't be so cocky bro, I have read in several places the arjun's problems have been solved and 126 of them will be fielded by the Indians. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. But I do know that Pakistan's answer to arjun, the Al-Khalid 2, will not be in production until at least 2019. Although that does mean HIT will have time to learn about some of the capabilities of arjun and ensure AK2 is at least on par with it. Anyway this is off-topic here.

About the drawing posted by adnan. I have a feeling that this drawing is more accurate than some here believe. Some points to note about the aircraft in the drawing:
- Dual racks under the wings - there is a picture of one of JF-17's initial prototypes with a dual-rack of dumb-bombs.
- Twin tail fin design - in a discussion with Mark Sien (FaisalK) on another forum, Sir PShamim seemed certain that a twin tail fin design will be incorporated. This design would have advantages in terms of side-on RCS, which in combat manoeuvring is very often shown to the enemy on purpose to reduce the size of the target shown to enemy aircraft's missiles.
- Intake, wing and LEX design looks exactly the same as on the initial JF-17 prototypes. Similar angle of sweep (much more than F-16 wing), similar wing position (right at the back). New version has bigger LEX and DSI however.
- Seems to be a small shape on top of the nose radome - perhaps the artist meant this to be an IRST?
- Structure on side of nose, looks like a vent. Could this be a vent for helping to cool the IRST sensor, or for a phased array radar?

Just some ideas I was thinking about.

Last edited:
^^ thats clearly fake, we have a picture of the single seat exactly on that spot

Thunder was not built to take on the LCA, Vice Versa they both have different Characteristics, Predominently thunder is very superior in Maneuverability. In my flying experience and what I have seen and read about LCA it can hardly stand infront of an F-16 either block now with our MLUs they don't come close to what the Falcon has in its envelopes by the time the LCA comes in full production the thunder will be way ahead.
A few months ago there was a supersonic boom in Kamra and some ediot from news said that it was a F-7 doing testing yeh sure testing on a fighter which came into the skies in 1958. Thunder was doing ACM with an F-16 and it went into a dive and broke the barrier and the pilot was instructed not to. I read the Initial report the F-16 pilot was quite surprised to see its maneuverability, The total dog fight was 4 min 23 sec long I would say that both were matched evenly.

JF-17 Thunder Aircrafts Squadron to be set up in Peshawar: Air Chief
PESHAWAR: Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, who is undertaking his inaugural visits to various PAF Bases after assuming the command of Pakistan Air Force, visited PAF Base, Peshawar on Friday.

On his arrival at the Base, he was presented with Guard of Honor by smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force. He also reviewed the parade presented by the base personnel, according to a press release of PAF Media Affair.

Addressing the Airmen, Air Chief said, “The first ever Fighter Squadron of JF-17 Thunder aircraft will be raised and stationed at Pakistan Air Force Base, Peshawar.

By the end of year 2009, full strength of JF-17 Thunder aircraft squadron, which will also be the first ever squadron in the world, will be operational at PAF Base, Peshawar”.

While addressing a joint session of Airmen, the Air Chief said, “The cardinal points of my vision are Integrity, Professional Excellence and Teamwork. The top most priority will remain operational preparedness of PAF.

JF-17 Thunder Aircrafts Squadron to be set up in Peshawar: Air Chief - GEO.tv

this is exactly what was being expected fro some time now. it has been disscussed in this very thread!

i cannot wait to see them operational in a squadron. the dates are being delayed and prolonged again n again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunder was not built to take on the LCA, Vice Versa they both have different Characteristics, Predominently thunder is very superior in Maneuverability. In my flying experience and what I have seen and read about LCA it can hardly stand infront of an F-16 either block now with our MLUs they don't come close to what the Falcon has in its envelopes by the time the LCA comes in full production the thunder will be way ahead.
A few months ago there was a supersonic boom in Kamra and some ediot from news said that it was a F-7 doing testing yeh sure testing on a fighter which came into the skies in 1958. Thunder was doing ACM with an F-16 and it went into a dive and broke the barrier and the pilot was instructed not to. I read the Initial report the F-16 pilot was quite surprised to see its maneuverability, The total dog fight was 4 min 23 sec long I would say that both were matched evenly.

Mard sir can you please tell us what kind of F-16s were they....as in MLUs or not.....thanks:pakistan:

This is not orignal but if Kamra can develop CFT as show in Picture for JF-1 . It would be a good development.

Great to hear that PAF Peshwar will be the first base to receive the new fighters. Historically, it was always Sargodha that received the new weapon systems whether it was F-104 or Mirages or F-16s. Any new system brings a whole lot of changes at the Base in terms of modernising and building new infrastructure. From aircraft operating surfaces, aircraft shelters, avionics shops, engine shops, armament squadron, logistics squadron to even officer mess and hospital, everything receives a complete/ partial make over to suit the requirements of new fighter. It’s kind of a changes and emotions you notice in a family when a new baby arrives in your home and everyone around wants to be part of it.

I think Sargodha had its fair share in the past and its time that Peshawar also gets all the uplift that it really deserves. PAF Peshawar is one of the oldest bases with very rich history and traditions and it’s unique in many ways. If one Google Earths or drives from the northern end of runway toward south, you see a very mix of aircrafts.

The first thing you see is a fighter squadron. Driving further south,

You will come across few Alouette helicopters that are part of the helicopter conversion school.

On main tarmac you might see a C-130 that is regularly deployed there for the paratrooping guys.

Being an International airport, one will also come across an Airbus or Boeing 737 parked at main tarmac.

Driving further down, you will see the Cessna’s or other light aircrafts from the Peshawar Flying Club.

Further down from flying club, there is a squadron of fixed wing aircrafts from Army Aviation.

And when you reach the end, you will see another fighter squadron.

All these aircrafts within a length of 9000 feet. Its a heaven for plane spotters. There is no other airfield in Pakistan that houses such a mix or variety of aircrafts. And now with Thunders arriving, it will definitely add further colour in and around the Base. :tup:

i think paf would upgrade 200 jf17block2 to somewhere inbetween f16 block40/52.. and keep only this block2 jf17 and sell block1jf17 to sudan/somalia whatever...
fc20 i think is a better design and i think paf would like to upgrade it and take its number higher rather than investing and radically changing jf17 design.
50jf17 block1.. 200jf17 block2...60f16[block 40-52].... rest fc20s.... perhaps add 2squadrond of rafale if without it the french dont offer the jf17upgrades
what do u guys think?

i think paf would upgrade 200 jf17block2 to somewhere inbetween f16 block40/52.. and keep only this block2 jf17 and sell block1jf17 to...
fc20 i think is a better design and i think paf would like to upgrade it and take its number higher rather than investing and radically changing jf17 design.
what do u guys think?
It depends on how much the JF-17 upgrades cost. The upgrade price will be added to each JF-17-2 that they build, building more JF-17-2 will make the upgrade price lower. The current JF-17 costs ~12 million each. How much extra do you think PAF should spend on each new upgraded plane? How many should they build?
If they find a customer for upgraded JF-17-2, they can reduce the price of upgrades further.

Yes FC-20 is a better design for a fighter, but jf-17 is a much cheaper design - it costs about one quarter of the price. Are four JF-17 or two JF-17-2 more dangerous than one FC-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom