What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, fatman.

Pakistani defence ministry officials said the first of the 42 JF-17s to be produced in Pakistan would be manufactured and airworthy before the end of 2009.

The PAF intends the JF-17 to become the main backbone of its fleet and it plans to acquire up to 250 of the aircraft by 2013-2015.

Interesting. Does this mean Pakistan currently plans to produce only 42 of the 250 JF-17s? or does this mean that initially we will produce 42 JF-17s, and then we will produce more until we have 250 overall? How many JF-17s does Pakistan intend to buy from China and how many are we planning to produce at home in the end?

Also, I have only read of a "JF-17 Block II" or "highly upgraded JF-17" after the first 50 on this forum. Has this already been planned or is this just a hypothesis?

Clarifications will be extremely appreciated.

Oh my god, finally i managed an answer from THE NEO. How come you never debate outside the 'economic section' ?

An Admin has a full time job here mate. Handling reported posts, emails and questions consume most of my time but I try to debate whenever I can. :coffee:

how much will the price be for pakistan to produse a JF17 and how much will we most likely sell it for?

An Admin has a full time job here mate. Handling reported posts, emails and questions consume most of my time but I try to debate whenever I can. :coffee:

I can understand mate especially that reported posts issue.

Thanks, fatman.

Interesting. Does this mean Pakistan currently plans to produce only 42 of the 250 JF-17s? or does this mean that initially we will produce 42 JF-17s, and then we will produce more until we have 250 overall? How many JF-17s does Pakistan intend to buy from China and how many are we planning to produce at home in the end?

Also, I have only read of a "JF-17 Block II" or "highly upgraded JF-17" after the first 50 on this forum. Has this already been planned or is this just a hypothesis?

Clarifications will be extremely appreciated.

JF-17 will be produced in batches...the first one being 50 aircrafts of which we already have 8 (produced in china) leaving the 42 that are being talked about now. In total Pakistan intends to have 250+ of the JF-17 aircraft.

PAF chief has said we will produce 15 aircrafts this year at PAC and will increase that to 30 from next year. Please also note that Pakistan would not produce 100% of the aircraft (though they could since they got all the tech) but around 60% airframe and around 80% avionics. This might change in future but thats how it stands atleast for the next few years. This achievement will be reached next year so in the current year there might be more chinese percentage in terms of components but still the assembly line will be here.

You can do the maths of us producing 15 aircraft this year and 30 from next year, and depending if we intend to induct the 250 by 2013(unlikely) or 2015(more likely).

Assuming we reach 30 aircraft/year in 2011, then from 2011-15 we will produce 5*30 = 150 JF-17

In 2009 and 2010, assume we produce 30-40 aircraft, so thats around 180-200 aircraft produced in Pakistan and the rest, 250 - 180/190 or 60-70 to be produced in China. If the timeline shifts from 2013, things might change.

Regarding block II, well we know for sure that PAF is in talks with western firms over avionics, weapons and most importantly the engine. So surely we should expect a different version of JF-17 after the first 50 or at the latest after the First 100.

So a different engine and radar seem pretty much sure. Whether it will have the rumored twin tails, or other changes is a subject of debate and is currently only rumors or plans which might or might not happen.

Hope that answers your question.

how much will the price be for pakistan to produse a JF17 and how much will we most likely sell it for?

fly away cost is USD15m-20m/aircraft!

Guys I have read that Pshamim of pakdef is saying that there's alot of excitement at PAC coz North Korea have shown interest in buying 200 of our JF-17 birds. Exciting isn't it? But would Uncle Sam allow this deal to go through!!!!

Guys I have read that Pshamim of pakdef is saying that there's alot of excitement at PAC coz North Korea have shown interest in buying 200 of our JF-17 birds. Exciting isn't it? But would Uncle Sam allow this deal to go through!!!!

Uncle SAM can't hold the deal back because China too is involved in the project and has supported N.K all along, if the Chinese won't have a problem, Pakistanis won't either.

i say NO WAY!!! it would be like a shot on our own foot. first of all we will be selling arms to a arms sanctioned nation ruled by bunch of morons who have "starve the nation for bullets" policy and plus pakistan and south korea have good defence ties as well as in economic sector. and lol i dont see any better Jammer pod for blockII JF-17 then Korean ALQ-200K that they just offered..

Uncle SAM can't hold the deal back because China too is involved in the project and has supported N.K all along, if the Chinese won't have a problem, Pakistanis won't either.

chinese policy toward the north korean have changed declined dramatically.. the chinese have been rejecting just about any arms deal with the north koreans.

i say NO WAY!!! it would be like a shot on our own foot. first of all we will be selling arms to a arms sanctioned nation ruled by bunch of morons who have "starve the nation for bullets" policy and plus pakistan and south korea have good defence ties as well as in economic sector. and lol i dont see any better Jammer pod for blockII JF-17 then Korean ALQ-200K that they just offered..

chinese policy toward the north korean have changed declined dramatically.. the chinese have been rejecting just about any arms deal with the north koreans.
and if NK goes to war with US then JF-17's reputation will be thrashed.

i dont know but remember when NK launched her first satellite or rocket (i dont exactly remember), pakistan china and i guess iran were there to observe it. if north korea shows some serious interest i dont know why would china not go ahead with the deal.

i dont know but remember when NK launched her first satellite or rocket (i dont exactly remember), pakistan china and i guess iran were there to observe it. if north korea shows some serious interest i dont know why would china not go ahead with the deal.

And we should consider that our past mistake! Pakistan reputation will be destroyed completely... Pakistan should not ditch South korea over few thunders contract with North korea. you need to have a visit in POF and thank South....

North Korea has Russian made Mig-29, she doesn't need JF-17. Even if she was interested she's most probably go for the FC-1 with Chinese avionics and weapon suite, not the Thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom