What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
please dont leave us hanging! enlighten us!

sorry i wasn't on my pc that time so could not write much

and most of the points have been enlightened already :angel:

Pakistan And The 300

March 9, 2009:
The JF-17 can carry 3.6 tons of weapons and use radar guided and heat seeking missiles. It has max speed of nearly 2,000 kilometers an hour, an operating range of 1,300 kilometers and a max altitude of 55,000 feet. It is arriving just in time to replace many aging MiG-21s that Pakistan is still flying.

strategy page

what????

Mig 21s in our Air Force

it think it was meant to be Mirages or F-7s and A-5s

poor writer :guns:

Last edited:
well F7 is similar to the MIG21...however MIG21 BISON and F7 are very diffrent... its like saying J11B and SU27 are similar so F7 and MIG21 are similar... i hope u understand zakir

Pakistan reveals plans for JF-17 and J-10 fighters

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent - Islamabad

Key Points
Pakistan is starting domestic production of the JF-17 fighter, with the first aircraft expected to fly before the end of 2009

The PAF is also expecting to take delivery of Chinese J-10 fighters by about 2014

Pakistan's key aircraft manufacturing facility, the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, and China's CATIC (China Aviation Technology Import-Export Corporation), signed an agreement on 7 March for the serial production of 42 JF-17 'Thunder' fighter aircraft in Pakistan.

The announcement came as the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) chief, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed, confirmed that Pakistan expected to start taking delivery of the more advanced J-10 fighter aircraft from China by 2014-15.

ACM Ahmed, whose tenure as PAF chief ends on 18 March, said the PAC in Kamra would initially produce 15 JF-17s annually, raising its production capacity to 30 aircraft a year. He said the "programme will be carried out in phases", but did not specify the timeframe in which the production capacity would be increased. Pakistani defence ministry officials said the first of the 42 JF-17s to be produced in Pakistan would be manufactured and airworthy before the end of 2009.

The PAF intends the JF-17 to become the main backbone of its fleet and it plans to acquire up to 250 of the aircraft by 2013-2015. The PAF has so far acquired eight JF-17s, all of which were manufactured in China.

Western defence analysts in Islamabad said the agreement suggested that China had given financial credit to cash-starved Pakistan, giving a lift to the south Asian country's defence procurement plans as it battles economic difficulties.

"I estimate the 42 JF-17s are worth over USD1 billion," one Western official told Jane's . "As Pakistan faces economic difficulties, China must have agreed to give either long-term credit or some other arrangement for this programme to be launched."

Meanwhile, ACM Ahmed - who told Jane's in December that the PAF was interested in purchasing 36 J-10s - has now revealed that the cost of purchasing the J-10s (which will be known as FC-20s in Pakistani service) along with support systems would be in the region of USD1.5 billion.

According to the Associated Press of Pakistan, ACM Ahmed also disclosed that delivery of the first of four airborne early warning and control system aircraft that Pakistan has ordered from China is due in 2010. He added that Pakistan would pay 10 per cent of the cost of that deal upon receipt of the first aircraft, while the rest of the payments would be made in "easy instalments". No details of the timeframe were given.

When ACM Ahmed retires later this month, he is due to be replaced by Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, the PAF's Deputy Chief of Air Staff for operations.

Pakistan will start taking delivery of the Chinese J-10 fighter aircraft in 2014-15.

Zob How PAF F-7 PG and IAF Mig-21 BIS are different? What I know is Mig-21 Bis BVR capable. ARe they different in their roles or Mig-21 Bis has advanced technolgy.

Another thing I know is that Mig-21 Bis has Phazotron spear radar and can track 6-8 targets whereas F-7 M has the ability to track 4 targets simultaneoulsy having GRIFO Mk-2 radar.

damn 2014-2015...is the same time i think that the MRCA will also get up and running....so ther is no big gap between india and pakistan in procurment we will always be behind them....in terms of high tech fighters....and for once let's not think that everything in india is heading towards the same direction as the LCA and it will take 20 years....

spur dozer the major diffrence between F7PG and MIG21 BISON is avionics.Comapred to the F7PG the Bison upgrade is focused more on avionics, Beyond Visual Range(BVR) active radar guided air-air missile capability and stand of precision strike. There are no changes to the wing as in the case of the F7PG. The Bison adds a one piece windshield for better visibility, improved radar, BVR missiles like the R-77 and Standoff Weapons like the KAB 500 which is a TV guided bomb. The Bison upgrade also reduces the pilot workload using much improved avionics such as HUD, MFDs, HMS (helmet mounted sight) etc. So in handling terms particularly low level the F7PG might have the edge but in terms of avionics and BVR capability at least currently the MiG 21 Bison is better

Bull Pakistan has signed contract for production of 42 jf-17s , whereas it has plans to procure 36 J-10s and if they like it they might go for more.

Bull Pakistan has signed contract for production of 42 jf-17s , whereas it has plans to procure 36 J-10s and if they like it they might go for more.

Thanks dude.

I guess this 42 would be inducted in by 2010, whats the plan beyond that? If the induction rate remains at 20 odd a year it would take almost 10 years to get 200 in PAF, isnt that slow?

Thanks dude.

I guess this 42 would be inducted in by 2010, whats the plan beyond that? If the induction rate remains at 20 odd a year it would take almost 10 years to get 200 in PAF, isnt that slow?

I always thought the idea was for Pakistan to upgrade them continuously, so a slower procurement rate is more cost effective over the long haul.

I'm guessing a slower procurement will result in a slower phasing out of older models the JF-17 is intended to replace, but that shouldn't be a huge problem... you can cannibalize the phased out airframes for parts to keep the fleet running.

Thanks dude.

Domestic production will increase annually, in fact PAC even said that it has the capacity to produce 50 fighters a year at Kamra.

The Mirage ROSE I/II/III and F-7PG will stay in service, even when all the JF-17s are delivered by 2015. I reckon the FC-20 will replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom