What's new

JF-17 Thunder – A Feather In The Cap Of PAF

But RD-33MK has a thrust 20,000, but RD-93MA thrust is between 20,000 to 22,000 lbs
Yh
We need to see what suits us
ENGINES:
Chinese Russian Percentage
WS13 RD-93 Difference
Length (m): 4.15 4.25 -2.35%
Diameter (m): 1.02 1.04 -1.92%
Weight (kg): 1135 1055 +7.58%
Thrust (afterburning, kN): 86.37 81.3 +6.24%
Thrust (dry, kN): 56.75 50 +13.50%
Bypass ratio: 0.57 0.49 +16.33%

@Windjammer
Your posts are always a treat to watch :-)

View attachment 332541

Excellent pic!! Thanks Windy!
This scene reminds me of my inverted flight with Tom Cruise in that movie the Top Gun, where he gave the "birdie" to that Mig pilot :rofl:. And then I woke up and realized, it was a dream and I was watching that movie in real life :cry:!

F-35 top speed is Mach 1.6 sir

Not true. The US keeps its actual top speeds classified for certain categories like the F-22, the F-35, etc. The export versions will have a "published" top speed but even that can change depending upon the engine and flight profile. The plane can handle much more than Mach 1.6!

Not true. The US keeps its actual top speeds classified for certain categories like the F-22, the F-35, etc. The export versions will have a "published" top speed but even that can change depending upon the engine and flight profile. The plane can handle much more than Mach 1.6!
But sir F-35 uses F-135 which is high bypass engine limiting its top speed to Mach 1.6
and can't super-cruise

But sir F-35 uses F-135 which is high bypass engine limiting its top speed to Mach 1.6 and can't super-cruise

Published and actual are always different, so are export versions and internal USAF use only version. Similarly, an engine can produce more with higher grade sensitive tech that would only be offered to the USAF/USN and not to others......almost all countries sell their military hardware this way, like the Russians, the Chinese, the French, etc.

Last edited:
Its true the basic speed of f35 is 1.6 but it varies with other blocks
No bro all variants of F-35 have atop speed of Mach 1.6 because its uses F-135 which is high bypass turbofan which limiting its top speed to 1.6, and with this engine F-35 can't super-cruise

Hi,

So if the top speed of the F35 is Mach 1.6---then would it be okay for the JF17 to be at Mach 1.6 to 1.9

Hi,

So if the top speed of the F35 is Mach 1.6---then would it be okay for the JF17 to be at Mach 1.6 to 1.9
F-35 can dash at Mach 1.2 for a distance of 150 km without switching on after burners. After burners consume the most fuel. ....Further it can cruise at 0.9 to transonic speed rather with ease without afterburners and that gives F-35 an upperhand over JF-17 and other 4th gen A/C. In addition, it has stealth tech so it is a pretty formidable combination.

sir actual top speed of F-35 for USAF, US marine, USN is classified as @Viper0011. says

F-35 can dash at Mach 1.2 for a distance of 150 km without switching on after burners. After burners consume the most fuel. ....Further it can cruise at 0.9 to transonic speed rather with ease without afterburners and that gives F-35 an upperhand over JF-17 and other 4th gen A/C. In addition, it has stealth tech so it is a pretty formidable combination.

Hi,

Thank you---my point was that speed is not everything---and neither a lack of it. It is the overall utility of the speed that cunts.

Mach 1.6 is a very functional top end speed---be it for the F35 or the JF17.

You got a genuine point but we have to make JF-17 at par with medium weight fighters for fulfilling the desired roles so it can achieve Mach 2.2 with 9 hardpoints and better maneuvering than an F-16

FC-1 has its structural limitations, planes with top speeds over Mach 2 require much more elaborate inlet design that results in major internal design changes.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom