What's new

JF-17 Thunder – A Feather In The Cap Of PAF

RD-93MA or WS-13E
An engine comparable with Pratt & Whitney's F-110 series will be destiny for JF-17 Thunder. All its lacking is a more powerful engine. Otherwise radar upgrades and other subsystems installation is an easy task if "power supply" is available.

RD-93MA or WS-13E
Klimov RD-33MK or Guizhou WS-13.
selection of a lighter and more powerful engine to replace the current RD-93 is a natural step forward, especially for the JF-17. The Klimov RD-33MK is the latest iteration of the RD-33 turbofan, but with a higher thrust output, full authority digital engine control (FADEC), and a lifespan of 4000 hours. The RD-33MK is currently used by the MiG-29M/M2 and MiG-35

An engine comparable with Pratt & Whitney's F-110 series will be destiny for JF-17 Thunder. All its lacking is a more powerful engine. Otherwise radar upgrades and other subsystems installation is an easy task if "power supply" is available.
No bro that will overshoot JF-17 capability, F-110 is not P&W engine it is GE engine, and remember if you installed bigger engine on JF-17 it will take time and redesign JF-17 from the rear, as for JF-17 will suits engine like F-414, EJ-200, RD-93MA or WS-13E

sir at the time we work on it we need new fighter jets at any cost . :P

No bro that will overshoot JF-17 capability, F-110 is not P&W engine it is GE engine, and remember if you installed bigger engine on JF-17 it will take time and redesign JF-17 from the rear, as for JF-17 will suits engine like F-414, EJ-200, RD-93MA or WS-13E
You got a genuine point but we have to make JF-17 at par with medium weight fighters for fulfilling the desired roles so it can achieve Mach 2.2 with 9 hardpoints and better maneuvering than an F-16

selection of a lighter and more powerful engine to replace the current RD-93 is a natural step forward, especially for the JF-17. The Klimov RD-33MK is the latest iteration of the RD-33 turbofan, but with a higher thrust output, full authority digital engine control (FADEC), and a lifespan of 4000 hours. The RD-33MK is currently used by the MiG-29M/M2 and MiG-35
But RD-33MK has a thrust 20,000, but RD-93MA thrust is between 20,000 to 22,000 lbs

F-16 was also evolved with the passage of time. The Block-60 is made after the decades of experience. If i am not wrong then Thunder flew for the first time in 2004??? it is just a span of 12 years. It came into production in 2007??? please correct me if i am wrong. It is near to achieve the target of 100. Hope that the PAC will announce Block-III with some remarkable features. In my humble opinion, current progress is good in these resources.

sir at the time we work on it we need new fighter jets at any cost . :P
yes i second you! If we can get 46 billion $ for CPEC then it is not difficult to get finances of 2-3 billion $ for Airforce modernization. Just the will power is needed. Govt can use 1 billion $ every year for airforce for next 3-4 years from the foreign remittances they receive. Probably 16 billion $ came to Pakistan every year

But RD-33MK has a thrust 20,000, but RD-93MA thrust is between 20,000 to 22,000 lbs
Can you guide me about this thrust comparison? how much thrust a Mirage or an Block-52 got ?

The most important thing i read in this article is that jf17 gave Pakistan to deploy any weaponary to it as PAF is manufacturer of jf17.
I think Pakistan must start joint venture project with turkey and china and if possible russia too .

F-16 was also evolved with the passage of time. The Block-60 is made after the decades of experience. If i am not wrong then Thunder flew for the first time in 2004??? it is just a span of 12 years. It came into production in 2007??? please correct me if i am wrong. It is near to achieve the target of 100. Hope that the PAC will announce Block-III with some remarkable features. In my humble opinion, current progress is good in these resources.

yes i second you! If we can get 46 billion $ for CPEC then it is not difficult to get finances of 2-3 billion $ for Airforce modernization. Just the will power is needed. Govt can use 1 billion $ every year for airforce for next 3-4 years from the foreign remittances they receive. Probably 16 billion $ came to Pakistan every year

Can you guide me about this thrust comparison? how much thrust a Mirage or an Block-52 got ?
Jf17 b will do test in next few months and next year it will be on air and then
Bloc 3 will take 2 years approx
Yh jf fly on 2003 and started production in 2007
But tablework started in 95 and workshop @99 but was slow in start but they achieve better then expected

Jf17 b will do test in next few months and next year it will be on air and then
Bloc 3 will take 2 years approx
Yh jf fly on 2003 and started production in 2007
But tablework started in 95 and workshop @99 but was slow in start but they achieve better then expected
i listened AM Shahid Latif in an interview. He said that JF-17 Thunder is much more than our expectations. Hope that we will make something in Block-III which provides us a technological edge over IAF. Do you have any data about JF-17's range with internal fuel tanks and with maximum external fuel tanks?

You got a genuine point but we have to make JF-17 at par with medium weight fighters for fulfilling the desired roles so it can achieve Mach 2.2 with 9 hardpoints and better maneuvering than an F-16
Top speed doesn't matters, its accelerations that matter, eg F-35 top speed is same as JF-17, as for increasing hard point we have multiple ejector rack option, as for maneuverability again you improve its aerodynamics and don't forget its our second tier platform not a front-line fighter and if you change its aerodynamics than it will be not more JF-17 but JF-XX or something

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be position of PAF today if it never embarked on he 17 project?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom