What's new

JF-17 is now Battle Tested (Air to Air & Air to Ground)

Wasn't WS13 the engine that failed to satisfy the PLA back 8 years ago?

It wasn't mature back in 2011, but the project was never dead and it is thriving right now, and the J-31 had swapped it since 2014.

The version used by the J-31 is the WS-13E, and hopefully this one could be deployed for the Block III.

It wasn't mature back in 2011, but the project was never dead and it is thriving right now, and the J-31 had swapped it since 2014.

The version used by the J-31 is the WS-13E, and hopefully this one could be deployed for the Block III.
J31? Aent heard any updates on this plane for many years.

WS13E should be good for jf17 block 3 :)

J31? Aent heard any updates on this plane for many years.

WS13E should be good for jf17 block 3 :)

Because China is now mass producing the J-20 with low cost, so they are pondering now about the worthiness of the J-31.

But the WS-13E has been used the J-31 as a testbed for many years, so no reason for the PAF not having faith on this engine.

Because China is now mass producing the J-20 with low cost, so they are pondering now about the worthiness of the J-31.

But the WS-13E has been used the J-31 as a testbed for many years, so no reason for the PAF not having faith on this engine.
I've read that WS13 engine burns alot of fuel, takes longer to service and needs service with less hours on the clock and lastly performance is not as effective as the Russian engine and that's why paf is staying with the Russian. Then maybe this was back in 2011 when the platform was not mature.

I am fan of J20. Such a beast. Paf needs that :)

F-16 didn't take part in the exercise. - DG ISPR

Believing a retired personnel having little knowledge of current situation over an active one, reveals your true intentions.

In other threads, you were congratulating Indians for their successful hit but when your lies were debunked by Pakistani members, you have changed your stance to zero IAF kill. I guess you are a bharti hiding behind US flag.

You realise that these 2 incidents are on 2 seperate days? And whether an F16 / FC1 was shot down by the IAF or not is something I dont know, of course. Just wondering aloud that it seems unlikely.

And I am Indian born and raised. Just living here in the States for a couple of decades. If I had no Indian connection, why else would I be on this forum ?

I've read that WS13 engine burns alot of fuel, takes longer to service and needs service with less hours on the clock and lastly performance is not as effective as the Russian engine and that's why paf is staying with the Russian. Then maybe this was back in 2012 when the platform was not mature.

I am fan of J20. Such a beast. Paf needs that :)

When the J-31 had swapped for the WS-13E, it had became practically smokeless, so those online rumors weren't true.

China's 6th gen fighters will have its maiden flight around 2025, and being deployed before 2035.

Hence I also believe the J-20 will be available on sale in just few years away, when the PLAAF has deployed a couple of hundreds of these fighters.

The WS-13 has almost reached the maturity level of the WS-10, and its specs are slightly ahead to the RD-93, so it is time for the PAF should start to put its trust on this engine.
Can you inform ws-13 service life and TBO?

When Allah-u Azimushshan opens a door it can't be closed; when HE closes a door it can't be opened....

As if JF-17 is like the Staff of Hazret-i Musa (PBUH)!!!! With HIS PERMISSION, it becomes like the snake to eat up all the illusive snakes of the Firaun's magicians....

La Galibe Illallah...

MashAllah! Ameen!

If Block -I or -II are creating headache for IAF, one can imagine Block-III will give true nightmares. Block -III will also be the first aircraft to carry an AESA radar if IAF doesn't have it on Tejas already and Rafale is still not inducted.
Jaguar has aesa

Back
Top Bottom