What's new

JF-17 Fighter Slated for Block-2 Upgrades in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF is inducted as per schedule (50 by end of 2011 was expected) only a delay of 4-5 months has come which is not unexpected, PAF first order is of 150 not 250.
production rate will only be increased if we get more orders, other wise by end of 2015 we will have 150 ACs

PAF is inducted as per schedule (50 by end of 2011 was expected) only a delay of 4-5 months has come which is not unexpected, PAF first order is of 150 not 250.
production rate will only be increased if we get more orders, other wise by end of 2015 we will have 150 ACs

Then what is the rationale of having Block-III which is poised to be begin production from 2016 onwards?

Then what is the rationale of having Block-III which is poised to be begin production from 2016 onwards?

initial order means block 1 and 2.
it seems that block 3 will be nearly a new aircrafts ..PAF will see the situation in 2015 and then order the appropiate number.

intial order doesnt means final order

possibly but it is too early to anticipate whether it is single seat or two seat or both.

is there any chances that we will get 50 JF 17 this year as said by or defense minister after 2 may raid

Block 3 will be most probably the stealth Plane on which PAF has started the work in China with Chinese Engineers and some Chinese call it younger brother of J-20

pakistan is likly to induct the j-xx that has been proposed to pakistan. like jf-17 borrowed alot of stuff from j-10 . Chinese think they can do same with j-xx.
the next 100 apart form initial 150 we dont have any idea what they would be like. but significant sources say some form of stealth design. now we dont know would they be able to do the same thing as f-15 was converted into silent eagle or not. Its highly unlikely as jf-17 design doesn't has so much flexibility considering its size.
so we willl have to wait and see regarding block 3

is there any chances that we will get 50 JF 17 this year as said by or defense minister after 2 may raid

i think what they meant was that by end of 2011 we'll have 50 thunders.
we have 40 something currently flying so yeah..

i hope JF-17 block II has twin vertical stabilizers. that would be awesome<3

Hi Mr. Jellodragon, while 2 vertical stabilizers might look aesthetically pleasing, they would serve no purpose on a small light weight fighter like the JF-17, other that severely increase its coefficient of drag. There is no need for it, and in the design phase having 2 stabilizers would have been modeled and simulated and rejected due to the above reason.

Hi Mr. Jellodragon, while 2 vertical stabilizers might look aesthetically pleasing, they would serve no purpose on a small light weight fighter like the JF-17, other that severely increase its coefficient of drag. There is no need for it, and in the design phase having 2 stabilizers would have been modeled and simulated and rejected due to the above reason.

give him a break, at least he used the correct term for it.

i dont think BLK 2 will have such major moodifications i guss having a 2 seater version is the most we should expect in blk 2 structural modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom