What's new

JF-17 Fighter Slated for Block-2 Upgrades in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak contributing to jet engine WS 13? Is this true? can you repeat that. Is it just money funding or is it actually making it.

According to several Chinese military websites, it stated that WS-13 is a joint development between China and Pakistan.

I think Pakistan may have contributed more money to become the shareholder.

Or may be some ideas as well. After all, PAF has been maintaining F-16s since ages now and their engines as well. I think, what PAF would want to have a maximum possible communality with F-16's engine in design and working. Just personal assessment.

Or may be some ideas as well. After all, PAF has been maintaining F-16s since ages now and their engines as well. I think, what PAF would want to have a maximum possible communality with F-16's engine in design and working. Just personal assessment.

bt i dont think that by operating an air craft you are able to make an air craft like that or you can evolve some thing from that just take example of india they are operating with twin engine fighter from dacedes bt they evolved a lca instead and tecnology is not so simple hat tyou can evolve it by just having a close look.....

^ and that is the difference between having a look and actually maintaining and repairing something again and again. As far the technology is concerned, on the theoretical domain, I have no doubt about the abilities of PAF aero-engineers but real issue is the practical R&D and a standardized manufacturing lines. Chinese have been great help to us as far as the R&D is concerned but their own engine assembly lines are facing with some quality control issue due to not being able to produced necessary skilled workforce and standardized assembly lines. Nevertheless, Still i think PAF is eyeing on the commonality of sub-systems including Engines.

^ and that is the difference between having a look and actually maintaining and repairing something again and again. As far the technology is concerned, on the theoretical domain, I have no doubt about the abilities of PAF aero-engineers but real issue is the practical R&D and a standardized manufacturing lines. Chinese have been great help to us as far as the R&D is concerned but their own engine assembly lines are facing with some quality control issue due to not being able to produced necessary skilled workforce and standardized assembly lines. Nevertheless, Still i think PAF is eyeing on the commonality of sub-systems including Engines.

Don't worry, the quality control has already been solved for our engine.

Now China can start to fully mass produce the TH engine since November 2010, so you don't have to worry about the future of the WS-13.

WS-13A with 100 kN is going to use i think so on block 2 or m wrong?

My dear friend, why PAF would select an engine whose price is equal to a whole Block 1 JFT, also its british so what if they stop spares in future?
Looks like he still wants us to be under the shadow/influence of the west.....:eek:

Egypt EAF is interested in JFT BLK II equally though block I is sufficient and upgradable to Blk II later on but it would take a bit of time to prepare installation of factory-plant in Egypt by then JFT block II would be out and in testing phase, there are speculations since JFT Blk II data linking would commence with ZDK-03 in 2012 therefore EAF could possibly look into couple of Y-8 AEW&C Variants.

Okay! nice info brother...Luftwaffe
its better for EAF to assemble its own JF-17 there to be self sufficient......:)

Interesting development, so there is not only a serious hush about J-2X but this engine may also make its way into 4.5th Gen Single Engine Platforms.
6428547705_c5a1bfc785_b.jpg

By 2015-2025 , pakistan will Get around 150 JF-17X stealth fighter jets . 5th Gen

pak n china need to increase the production rate of the jft if they want to sell it to other countries.paf has plans of inducting around 250 jft the way they r inducting the jet it will take many years so how come pak n china will be able to supply the jet to other countries in near future.n most probably after 202o when the aviation world will be having numerous stealth fighters like f35.j20 n pak fa the demand for a 4th generation jet will be very much reduced

pak n china need to increase the production rate of the jft if they want to sell it to other countries.paf has plans of inducting around 250 jft the way they r inducting the jet it will take many years so how come pak n china will be able to supply the jet to other countries in near future.n most probably after 202o when the aviation world will be having numerous stealth fighters like f35.j20 n pak fa the demand for a 4th generation jet will be very much reduced

Production line will definitely be extended once you start receiving money from buyers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom