What's new

JF-17 Fighter Slated for Block-2 Upgrades in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
well are they here??
NO.

But as production ramps up both in China and Pakistan, the rate at which new units are inducted into service will only increase.

Any confirmed specs for Block II???

Hi Mr. Jellodragon, while 2 vertical stabilizers might look aesthetically pleasing, they would serve no purpose on a small light weight fighter like the JF-17, other that severely increase its coefficient of drag. There is no need for it, and in the design phase having 2 stabilizers would have been modeled and simulated and rejected due to the above reason.

actually, sir, i saw a blueprint on google which showed 2 stabilizers so idk...china has suprised pakistan alot.. :unsure:

actually, sir, i saw a blueprint on google which showed 2 stabilizers so idk...china has suprised pakistan alot.. :unsure:
these are photo shop the designed is the same internal upgrade to avionics radar composite materials used two more hard points
no chance of ws-13 engine not good yet.need to wait for 6 to 7 months for final full details

Just as the rumors of JF-17 blk 2 are picking up, i thought i would share two of my renders. Really looking fwd to see the real blk 2 in action.

thunder-LCAMbig2.jpg

1831616a2.jpg

Military Photos and Photoshops

Block II JF-17 Thunder To Enter Into Production Next Year
7:37 AM Qamar No comments

The Pakistan Air Force will start receiving the improved version of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet Block II. The Block II Thunder will include newer and improved capabilities including data link and electronic warfare capabilities aerial refuelling, new radar & avionics.

The JF-17 Thunder Block II will also expend its inventory of new generation precision guided weapons including cruise missiles. Pakistan and China are also developing a two-seater version of the JF-17 Thunder.

The deliveries of the Block II Thunder to Pakistan Air Force are scheduled to start from the second half of the 2012 and will continue till 2015. From 2016, JF-17 Thunder Block III will enter into production .

Pakistani Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleiman has said at the Dubai Air Show, “We offer performance comparable to U.S. and European fighters when it comes to radar, dogfight missile, range and BVR [beyond visual range] capabilities, for one third of the cost.”

The officials of the joint marketing team for the promotion and sale of the JF-17 Thunder has said that at-least five middle eastern countries has shown interest in the JF-17 Thunder and will be test flying the aircraft for in future to experience its performance first hand.

The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) is also evaluating the FC-1/JF-17 Thunder and will take decision regarding its induction into the service in near future.

Read more: Block II JF-17 Thunder To Enter Into Production Next Year ~ Pakistan Military Review

paf will try to get Eurojet EJ200 for next block

I JUST WANT TO TELL U THE CHARACTERISTICS/SPECS OF THE POSSIBLE ENGINES FOR JF-17 NEXT BLOCKS.

1) EUROJET EJ-200 OR Rolls-Royce XG-40. DEVELOPED BY Italy, West Germany and the UK for the Euro-fighter Typhoon by EuroJet Turbo GmbH consortium in 1985.

Type: Turbofan
Length: 157 inches (4.0 m)
Diameter: 29 inches (0.737 m)
Dry weight: 2,180 lbs (989 kg)
Compressor: 3-stage LP, 5-stage HP
Combustors: annular
Turbine: 1-stage LP, 1-stage HP
Maximum thrust: 13,500 lbf (60 kN) dry thrust / 20,000 lbf (89 kN) with reheat
Bypass ratio: 0.4:1
Overall pressure ratio: 26:1
Turbine inlet temperature: 1,800K
Specific fuel consumption: 21–23 g/kNs dry thrust / 47–49 g/kNs with reheat
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 9.175:1 (with reheat)
Please keep in mind that this engine was also evaluated by the IAF for their HAL TEJA's in 2009 and was rejected on various grounds.

2) WS-13 Taishan Chines Engine specs (for JF-17 block 1)
Type: Afterburning turbofan
Length: 4.14 metres (13.6 ft)
Diameter: 1.02 metres (3 ft 4 in)
Dry weight: 1,135 kilograms (2,500 lb)
Compressor: Two-spool 8-stage axial
Combustors: annular
Maximum thrust: 51.2 kilonewtons (11,500 lbf) dry; 86.37 kilonewtons (19,420 lbf) with afterburner
Bypass ratio: 0.57:1
Turbine inlet temperature: 1650 K (1,377 °C (2,511 °F))
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.8
Life span = 2,200 hours.
New WS-13 Taishan (upgraded) - 100 kilo-newtons (22,000 lbf) thrust with afterburner. [ proposed for block 2]

The WS-13 Taishan's serial production began in 2009. In march 2010 a JF-17 equipped with the WS-13 completed its first successful runway taxi tests and in November 2011 started flying with the new upgraded Chinese engine.

3) RD-93 variant used to power the JF-17 / FC-1.

Type: afterburning turbofan
Length: 4,229 mm (166.50 in)
Diameter: 1,000 mm (39.37 in)
Dry weight: 1,055 kg (2,326 lb)
Compressor: 2 spool axial, 4 low pressure stages, 9 high pressure stages
Combustors: annular combustor
Turbine: Single stage high pressure, single stage low pressure
Overall pressure ratio: 21:1
Bypass ratio: 0.49:1
Turbine inlet temperature: 1,407 °C (2,565 °F)
Specific fuel consumption: 75 kg/(kN·h) (0.77 lb/(lbf·h)) dry, 188 kg/(kN·h) (1.85 lb/(lbf·h))
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 4.82:1 (dry), 7.9:1 (afterburning)
Life expectancy: 4,000 hours
thrust = 49.4 kN Dry, 81.4 - 84.4 kN Afterburning.
This engine was developed in 1976 by USSR to power the MiG-29 and in 2001, it has also been adopted for the MiG-35.

i hope JF-17 block II has twin vertical stabilizers. that would be awesome<3

PLEASE GROW UP....@ TWIN VERTICAL STABILIZERS.

I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE, BUT WHY ON JF-17 DEAR.

Do we have any confirmed upgrades? Why don't we stop this non-sense and wait until it is confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom