What's new

JF-17/FC-1 Thunder Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just asking guys what would happen if pakistan went for a western engine like the Volvo Flygmotor RM12.

http://www.cnwnews.com/Html/soceity/society_js/2006-12/31/11391432.html

Above is the link of the trial phase of the engine.

Chinese website acknowledged the completion of the WS-13 engine and is under going flight trials for the verification of necessary parameters.To summarize the points that i have found about this engine.

1.It uses solid titanium alloy fan blades.
2.It has a digital authority control system.
3.It has a thrust of about 7.8.
4.It's length is about 4.14 metres.
5.It's diameter is about 1.02 metres.
6.Dry weight of the WS-13 is about 1,135 kg.
7.Maximum thrust of the engine is about is about 86.37 kn.
8.Cruise thrust is about 51.2 kn.
9.Needs an overhaul for every 810 hours.
10.Total life of the engine is about 2200 hours.

I nicked this from another forum but the data is relevant.

FTC-1 engine made --WS-13 (RD-33 built Improved) has been carried out for three years. The engine is 4.14 meters long, 1.02meters in Diameter, 1135k.g. weight。Hold in esteem than 7.8, 86.37 kN thrust Afterburner, consumption was 2.02 kg / hour 10 cattle. 56.75kN thrust thrust among the largest state, oil consumption cattle 0.73/ 10 hours. 51.2 kN thrust cruise, oil consumption cattle 0.65/ 10 hours. Aeration 80 kg / seconds, more than 0.57 letter Road, turbine temperature of 1650K ago, the total pressure than 23. The overhaul interval of 810 hours, with a total life of 2,200 hours. (Editor's Note : The engine and the overhaul interval of life indicators have far exceeded the total engine RD33)

The engine uses a three-axial fan blades wide string of solid titanium alloy. Blisk bipolar electrochemical treatment on the overall structure of a computer-controlled variable fan before steering guide vane, Fan expand the scope of the work. 8 axial pressure compressor (for the former three adjustable guide vane) used hollow-cooled single-stage low-pressure turbine rotor blade. single crystal turbine blades for the high-pressure turbine blade and a guide, annular combustor. a tip clearance control air heat exchanger and integrated digital control system for the whole authority. The annex is located below the engine and gear box, advanced micro-turbine auxiliary power devices.

Most of the parts can be used RD-33 WS-13, some only slightly modified, is a small part of the new development. Contour similar size. The introduction of improved production technology equipment to a RD-33 WP-13 most of the production line technology, Russia responsible for the training of technical staff and some workers, a number of workers have the training equipment shipped back together, installation and testing of production. reasonable arrangements for the various components of production. cross parallel. By the Chinese and Russian sides in RD-33 based on the design of the local structure design improvement WS-13 will be named the "Tianshan 21."

Source: 网易新闻,更多精彩在首页,163.com news

First I have a question are we going to have the 23rd march parade , YES or NO , because jinnah Ave is under construction that is what I have heard so if someone living in Islamabad can get us a photo of Jinnah AVE that will be much appriciated. One of my sources have told me that they will not have the parade this year. by the next 4 hours I will have some solid news, just thought one of you might know more than me.

Now about JF-17 it will be a very premature statement saying that the whole programe has gone under. Yes the time line giving to PAF will change ofcourse but if the programe goes under it will be for Pakistan not china.

other alternatives are available many but the prototypes have been done with the russian engine..it may delay production

I compared the statistics for the WS 10A engine for the J10 at www.sinodefence.com and the performance was slightly less than the Russian engine.

Are the indigenous chinese engines good enough with slightly less power?

I compared the statistics for the WS 10A engine for the J10 at www.sinodefence.com and the performance was slightly less than the Russian engine.

Are the indigenous chinese engines good enough with slightly less power?

well WS-13A will have little more thrust than RD93 about 86KN

To put an end to the issue of JF-17 grounding due to engine issues...here is something from the Horse's mouth. An interview with Gen Ehsan-ul-Haq (CJCS - Pakistan) on the issue of Pakistani-Chinese relations.

Salient points of the interview:

# Chinese AEW and Erieye will both be procured, PAF regards Erieye as AEW&C and Chinese AEW as AWACS, may point to Chinese one having more functionality.
# JF-17 is not enough to fulfill the requirements of PAF, that's why PAF is also negotiating with China to get J-10, which will be designated as FC-20. However, PAF is not going to restrict itself to just one source, so it may still buy more F-16s.
# JF-17s will definitely be in Pakistan prior to March 23rd.
# The radar is a competition bw lab 14 and 607 right now, although European radar may get into the competition in the future.
# As I predicted, the first 8 JF-17s, which are to be delivered by the end of this year, will all be using lab 607 radar.
# PAF is still evaluating the weapons package, not restricting themselves to just Chinese ones
# RD-93 engine is definitely not an issue contrary to Internet reports
# Pakistan will start JF-17 production in 2008
# 150 is just the first order of JF-17, there will be more orders from Pakistan.

http://china-pla.blogspot.com/

Blain,

I rather take the russian def min is sayin

Blain,

I rather take the russian def min is sayin

Nope he is not saying anything and JF-17 delivery is on track. Which would not have been possible with the issues surrounding the RD-93 bs.

In the end take what you may from it, I for one have always believed that JF-17 program is on track and this interview with Ihsan-ul-Haq (Pakistani armed forces chief planner for procurement of armaments among other things) reaffirms that for me.

Thanks for clarification Blain!
Nice find!
:flag:

Nope he is not saying anything and JF-17 delivery is on track. Which would not have been possible with the issues surrounding the RD-93 bs.

In the end take what you may from it, I for one have always believed that JF-17 program is on track and this interview with Ihsan-ul-Haq (Pakistani armed forces chief planner for procurement of armaments among other things) reaffirms that for me.

There is an article on the thread, in which Defence Minister clearly states, RD-93, would not be exported.
As far as I am concerned it comes from a higher authoirity than Pakistani Forces Procurement planner. AS Def min can influence this desicion, while Ihsan-ul-haq is helpless and has to react to situations presented to him.

:agree: There's something called diplomacy, we all know that the news coincided with Putin's visit to India and went well thru certain political and defence circles.

India may be one of the biggest russian arms buyer, Russia is still independant.
MRCA deal will be completed by Aug this year, after that there's no one stopping Russia to change the EULA agreement.

Russia is playing very smart, keeping you happy now and dealing with China later.

Maybe,

If you think Russia is going to leave 20 Billion worth of contracts on the process and 15 billion already in place, for 150 Engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom