What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

I think JF-17 and Mig-29 are in different leagues. With MLU of Mig-29 to Mig-29SMT standard, it is miles ahead of current JF-17 in terms of radar, avionics, weapon control systems, improved engines (rd33 series 3) and a proven airframe (though old). Both fighters are no way close to each other. Most likely Russians might be accusing Chinese of copying subsystems which might be placed in JF-17.

Mig-29 forms the first line of defence against PAFs F-16s or PLAF J-10s.

bashing_head.gif

Why to people insist on posting nonsense? Do your research first buddy! Then come back and troll.

I suggest people go back and read into past air wars in the jet age and see how differences between contending fighters were fundamental or not, and then truly see if the differences between JF-17 and MiG-29 are that much. Yes, MiG-35 would eat JF-17 alive if JF-17 was flying with just AIM-9L, and the MiG-35 would be leagues ahead in A2G if JF-17 was just dropping dumb bombs.

But this is not the case in reality, their line of weapon systems are more or less similar...the packages one can acquire for radar, avionics & ECM/EW kits for each can be similar...and the gaps between most contemporary AAM are not that significant.

The comparison of JF-17 with future upgrades in mind (which may or may not happen) to an existing mature Mig-29 platform is not at all fair. Its twin engines gives its superior maneuverability owing to high T/W ratio and ability to pull larger Gs. Its powerful radar will give first look first hit capability over JF-17 (Compare KLJ-7 radar of JF-17 vs Zhuk ME radar of Mig-29). And you can forget abut JF-17 matching Mig-29 when it comes to dog fighting skills. So, there is no comparison at all between JF-17 and Mig-29 even if it is one on one or in a formation.

Last edited:
bashing_head.gif

Why to people insist on posting nonsense? Do your research first buddy! Then come back and troll.

Comparing a developing platform to a mature platform is a joke. You are asking me not to troll when you should have instead rebuked the points I made. It is you who are trolling. If you any points to make, do it, otherwise refrain from posting on this.

Well i am not military or expert and dnt know much about aircrafts

can any one please compare specification of JFT and Mig 29

and please also mansion that JFT close to which model of Mig 29
:coffee:

I think JF-17 and Mig-29 are in different leagues. With MLU of Mig-29 to Mig-29SMT standard, it is miles ahead of current JF-17 in terms of radar, avionics, weapon control systems, improved engines (rd33 series 3) and a proven airframe (though old). Both fighters are no way close to each other. Most likely Russians might be accusing Chinese of copying subsystems which might be placed in JF-17.

Mig-29 forms the first line of defence against PAFs F-16s or PLAF J-10s.

Don't bring in the J-10. For PAF it will be an entirely new aircraft way more advanced than any MIG 29 SMT.

Don't bring in the J-10. For PAF it will be an entirely new aircraft way more advanced than any MIG 29 SMT.

i am already told to any expert please compare specification

btw j10b is in development so dnt bring it here and current j10 is copy of old Russian aircraft so how thats more advanced that mig 29 SMT can you please explain????

i am already told to any expert please compare specification

btw j10b is in development so dnt bring it here and current j10 is copy of old Russian aircraft so how thats more advanced that mig 29 SMT can you please explain????

Some of you Indian members say the j-10 is a copy of Israeli Lavi, and some say it of F-16s. You say it is copy of Russian aircraft.

Without even thinking, i am not gonna bother replying because you go and first make up your mind with your peers that what J-10 is.

Some of you Indian members say the j-10 is a copy of Israeli Lavi, and some say it of F-16s. You say it is copy of Russian aircraft.

Without even thinking, i am not gonna bother replying because you go and first make up your mind with your peers that what J-10 is.

ok lets take its a pure Chinese ... but can you compare current j10(j10b is still in development) with Mig 29 SMT as you claim that j10 is far batter than Mig 29 SMT

ok lets take its a pure Chinese ... but can you compare current j10(j10b is still in development) with Mig 29 SMT as you claim that j10 is far batter than Mig 29 SMT

The PAF is developing J-10 according to its own requirements. Those requirements are centered around SU 30, Mig 29 and future MMRCA of IAF.

Look at the size of J-10 and the upgrades it can offer. J-10 A and B are already there for the past so many years.

We don't know anything yet but SMT is old compared to under development J-10.

The PAF is developing J-10 according to its own requirements. Those requirements are centered around SU 30, Mig 29 and future MMRCA of IAF.

Look at the size of J-10 and the upgrades it can offer. J-10 A and B are already there for the past so many years.

We don't know anything yet but SMT is old compared to under development J-10.

please proof your claim

second why you bring underdevelopment fighter by this logic newly upgraded mig 29 is mig 35 so start compare with that with it

now please back on topic i think you also know about specification of jf17 and mig 29 (all variant) so please compare them and show them were jh17 is close or batter than mig 29

thanks is advanced

You miss out on one of the most important features in today's modern combat : Radar range.

MIG 29 has range stated to be anywhere from 120km to 200 km.

JF-17 with Chinse KLJ7 is stated to be 105 km.

Now with future upgrades if compared to MIG 29 SMT, then PAF is looking for European Radars.

Talking about J-10, here is some info on it's Radar development.

KLJ-7/10 Fire Control Radar (FCR) (China) - Jane's Avionics.

Chinese have been playing and importing Russian technology for long and the fact that ZHUK Radar has been in their Hands for long shows how much Chinese already know about it.

J-10 is not an entirely different development and would be atleast at par or above MIG 29 SMT.

Not to mention the MLU F-16s.....

The problem is getting Data on such classified military projects is too difficult to simply browse on the internet. I would suggest we don't reach any conclusions as of yet.

Penumbra

You knowe if the MiG 29's missiles had the same range as it's radar apparently does, then we may say that the MiG29 is a potent weapon -- BTW, are you aware of how the MiG29 has done in combat against F16 or any other aircraft?

Penumbra

You knowe if the MiG 29's missiles had the same range as it's radar apparently does, then we may say that the MiG29 is a potent weapon -- BTW, are you aware of how the MiG29 has done in combat against F16 or any other aircraft?

Well despite the fact that the MIG-29 didn't perform too well against the F-16 or the Su-27 we have to keep in mind that although the plane itself is a potent platform they were used inadequately by both the Iraqi and Eritrean air forces. Keep in mind that the HUD was first used in the MIG-29s.

On the other hand I do think that the JF-17 could offer a good fight against the MIG-29 with the addition of Western avionics and radar (one of F-16's chief advantages over the MIG-29). The JF-17 is a very versatile platform and could either be an economical or potent plane depending upon the amount of customization put into the plane.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom